1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Starting out     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

alright pals thanks a milli i am now a big bad airship travelling sucka which i guess is kinda the end of the very beginner stuck-to-intro-city tutorial mode 8)

UI is customized, Kagerou up and not tracking my DPS, reshade was the best of calls holy cow is the base game ugly and a reshaded game pretty, i will take my sweet time and appreciate the story (that Nero fella seems like a real jerk), i'll toggle the VA to see which i prefer (no spanish que tragico), i'll ferry up in Limsa Lominsa, and consider an open relationship with Dotsu's oblong halfling elf midget thing

BG Level

questions, when the flip flop do i get a mount all this walking is killing me - and when i get a mount can i use it regardless of which job i have equipped? seems it would make levelling other jobs a million times easier

what is the quickest way to level another job without all that juicy MSQ exp? i'm flipping back and forth between rogue and marauder dunno which i'll end up on. dark knight also looks grand but that unlock shall have to wait.

lastly i know yall say all the jobs are viable and meta changes all the time but are any of the above 3 especially useless

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dark Knight is the least valued of the tanks but its still a beast. Trick Attack is OP as fuck and makes ninja like 100% needed in high end content. And Warrior is the peanut butter to Paladin's Jam.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well we're just before the expansion and it will probably change stuff around, but Ninja and War are definitely up there in meta, DRK I think a little less.
    Other jobs - daily roulettes, challenge log, Deep Dungeon, squadron missions.

You get a mount soon after joining GC, don't remember what level exactly was that. And after you unlock it, you can use it on any job any level.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

When you reach level 15 you can go to the Inns in the city and participate in Hall of The Novice, finishing it gives you a good set of level 15 gear and a ring that gives up an xp boost for all combat jobs under level 30. So use that ring fo show. There is also an automatic feature called armory bonus, which basically gives you an xp boost based on your highest level combat job. For example if you are leveling WAR and NIN simultaneously, that will take longer than if you got WAR to 70 first and then took NIN from level 1, because your NIN would get an xp boost based on the level difference. This is why most people suggest you take a job to max before dabbling in others.

Always be eating food for the 3% xp bonus. Make sure you log out in sanctuary zones (cities or anywhere with an aetheryte) to get rested XP for next time. If you join a FC they will likely have an xp boost activated as well.

Mounts and stuff comes shortly after you pick your Grand Company and then yes you can use mounts on every other job.

A lot of features like roulettes and challenge logs will open up as you progress MSQ and level up. Just make sure you are hitting up every quest NPC that has the blue + icon because that means it unlocks something, be it a new dungeon or gameplay feature or what not.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

DRK is worth leveling just for the job quest storyline. It's widely agreed upon as the best one in the game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its also my fav tank to play in content now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm almost at 70 with DRK and I have very mixed feelings about it. Spamming dark arts is sooo annoying and under 60 the job is so boring, but I guess that's the case for most other jobs too.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Its also my fav tank to play in content now.
    Have been playing DRK almost exclusively for a few patches now, it's a ton of fun as long as you don't have arthritis or a predisposition to RSI

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Side question: Where are people finding this amazing reshade? What am I missing out on? ;_;

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I use Stormshade for some of its filters then add custom nvidia freestyle filters on top of that.

Achieves effects like this.

Spoiler: show

Mine's darker/grittier but it's all customizable. If you just want an easy way in the stormshade site has presets for you to look at, though I find most of them are made for screenshots not gameplay.

BG Level

i use Stormshade too, swap between the presets

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    When you reach level 15 you can go to the Inns in the city and participate in Hall of The Novice, finishing it gives you a good set of level 15 gear and a ring that gives up an xp boost for all combat jobs under level 30. So use that ring fo show. There is also an automatic feature called armory bonus, which basically gives you an xp boost based on your highest level combat job. For example if you are leveling WAR and NIN simultaneously, that will take longer than if you got WAR to 70 first and then took NIN from level 1, because your NIN would get an xp boost based on the level difference. This is why most people suggest you take a job to max before dabbling in others.
    oh snap

guess i gotta choose

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

NIN would probably be easier to do first because of MSQ exp. But really you'll be fine with both.

1-50 WAR has no issues with leveling queues and 1-50 NIN can utilize Squadron Missions (You'll find out about them once you real the first soft cap on Grand Company Ranks around Level47ish)

And then 50-60 you can utilize Palace of the Dead (Deep Dungeon Part 1). Back at 4.0 launch I did that for 8 hours to get Samurai from 50 to 60. But Leveling dungeons got a bit more competitive because of that preorder earring. Same thing for 61-70 with Heaven on High (Deep Dungeon Part 2)

BG Level

THIS GAME HAS TRIPLE TRIAD

how did you all bury the lead i will never level again

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

lots of cards come from PVE

checkmate

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Why did I find this thread I got a samurai I started but never finished now I wanna resub and either play that or something else.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    THIS GAME HAS TRIPLE TRIAD

how did you all bury the lead i will never level again
    Wait until you find out about Chocobo racing. Its actually pretty good.

Ignore Lords of Verminion unless you need quick MGP. Just do the intro mission, blitz the second with the kidragora minion (It costs like 3-4k on our server), and then repeatedly lose to the extreme battle in the duty finder until you complete the challenge log for it.

Also Fashion Report. Its easy to get the 80 Points for it to get the bonus MGP. Do all that shit and you should be halfwayish to the 200k for the car mount if you complete 2.0 before the FFXV event ends.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Ignore Lords of Verminion unless you need quick MGP. Just do the intro mission, blitz the second with the kidragora minion (It costs like 3-4k on our server), and then repeatedly lose to the extreme battle in the duty finder until you complete the challenge log for it.
    That'll net you 27k MGP. If you want to make an easy 60~80k more ON TOP of that 27k, just play your 5 matches against the computer during the weekly tournaments.

That plus fashion report will net you 150~170k MGP a week for like half an hour of effort.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Speaking of shade, is there any way to smooth out shadow movement so they aren't ticking across the ground?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ooh, that one annoys me too. It's so noticeable but not in a good way.

I've been meaning to try reshade too, and I definitely will, but I'm so afraid I'll get spoiled and then if it ever stops working with XIV the game will never be the same for me again.