+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Focus Boosters     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Focus Boosters

I don't know if it's the internet or life or what but my ability to focus on anything has been shot to hell over the past year. I can't keep myself from getting distracted at work and I can't focus on anything of actual importance. I'll do two things at work and then the moment I need to wait while a website loads or something I pull out my phone and spend 10 minutes looking at nothing.

Does anyone know of any exercises or programs made to boost focus and concentration? I'm not ruling out drugs at this point either.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Amphetamine

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

It’s called adderall, look it up.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You're addicted to social medias like we all are, whether it be here, Twitter, FB, idk.

I noticed the same with myself and my lab job. I cant finish a project without taking out the phone for a few min while shit is prepping, its pretty bad. Podcasts used to help, but a lot of my favs kinda suck atm. I wish I had adderall.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

So drugs is the answer?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The answer is you're bored of the things you're supposed to be doing. That's not to say your job sucks, it's just not as engaging as social media is designed to be. Idk how to combat that other then finding a job that pays you to surf the web, or amphetamines.

You're going thru the same thing we all have before lol.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I play giantbomb videos with my wireless headphones in and work, and watch the screen between samples or preps. It's not ideal but it's better than having the phone in my hand.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

At my current job I have basically spent 75% of my day on reddit, BG, or browsing anything that comes to mind. While I understand the majority do it because social media and web browsing is funner than work I have done it because I don't care about any aspect of my current work. While it's easy to say I won't do this at my new job because it's new I feel much more optimistic because the more I focus at the work I'll make a lot more money.

After having my first interview between two companies I took a self inventory and am trying to own the reasons I'm not happy. Maybe do something somewhat similar? Think of the root cause of why you'd rather be on social media then progress your work?

its always a good idea to set aside time where you literally do nothing except maybe stare at the wall or the clouds or the like, and let your imagination take over. it might not help you focus, per say, but if your good enough at it you can literally wind up daydreaming while you do your job, unless it's something that takes lots of mental effort like record checking and data entry. not so difficult to resist the phone when you're already engaged off in some other world, or thinking through a situation in your life.

yeah, it seems difficult to actually do such a thing, but you can work it in with other stuff - maybe take a relaxing bath where you just close your eyes and dream, or rest on a hammock on a nice day outside. its good for both physical and mental health.

honestly, focus is good and all but do you really care about it because you need to focus better at work, or is it simply that your work is no longer satisfying you? focus won't help that, it will just make you more miserable as you try and force yourself to work at a job you hate. if your work is no longer engaging you the majority of time, it's time to look for something better suited to the current you. tastes and interests change as you grow - it's nothing to be ashamed of if you feel you need to move on. it's simply a sign that you've progressed in life.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

The only way I can focus at work is when a game I want to watch is on. I'll put the Bucks or Brewers on my tablet and watch that while I edit TV shows. Despite needing my eyes and ears for both activities, I'm way more productive this way than without a game on.

Otherwise I'm constantly on BG/twitter/random internet.

It doesn't feel very healthy. Never tried Adderall.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Adderall is fucking incredible. My only regret is I didn’t get on it sooner. My career has fuckin sky rocketed in the last two years. Cant imagine how much more successful I’d be if I didn’t spend the first 8 years of my career doing the bare minimum because I couldn’t focus on anything for more than 30 seconds.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I just like, want to try it.

Kind of afraid I'll have bad side effects though. I'm a very emotionally stable person but any time I fuck with stuff that can effect mood (diet pills, antihistamines) I get screwed up.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Only side effect is you’ll become dangerously productive

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Oh yea and you’ll have insomnia at first

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Adderall is fucking incredible. My only regret is I didn’t get on it sooner. My career has fuckin sky rocketed in the last two years. Cant imagine how much more successful I’d be if I didn’t spend the first 8 years of my career doing the bare minimum because I couldn’t focus on anything for more than 30 seconds.
    Sadly this. It's scary how many successful people dose on things like adderall to stay super productive. Your appetite disappears too, so you stay lean. I wish I had a steady supply.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    This sounds wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I just like, want to try it.

Kind of afraid I'll have bad side effects though. I'm a very emotionally stable person but any time I fuck with stuff that can effect mood (diet pills, antihistamines) I get screwed up.

This is me, sort of.

I'm as positive as I can be that I no longer have any lingering anxiety meds in my system and have switched to just taking CBD. With my anxiety history I wonder (and feel doubtful) a doctor would even consider something like Adderall for myself. I'd probably have to lie my ass off. I can honestly say I have never worked a job in my life where I had that "Oh man I can't wait to go to work!" feeling. At some point its always indifference or I am depressed to go to work. I never considered something like a med to help with that because the answer is I'm not satisfied with the work I do. I'm hoping the new gig is a game changer.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Took amphetamines for a few years. Since I stopped my typical day looks like this:

Banned.

BG Level

Where is Administration bluegartr.com??

Where is moderator??
    It is about advertisement on your website.
    Thank.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Modafinil. It’s a non-amphetamine stimulant with a ridiculously long half life. Like 15 hours. It’s expensive as hell here In the US, like $800+ for a month supply if you get it prescribed to you and don’t have insurance. I pay about $80/mo after insurance.

Some countries have it otc. And you can find it online for reasonable prices very easily. I had looked into it a couple years ago when my insurance told me to kick rocks and they were no longer gonna pay. I fought it and eventually got it covered.

It’s a great med for staying awake and staying focused, but you’re not gonna get the high you get with amphetamine-based meds.

FWIW, the doses are in 200mg and 100mg. The price isn’t that much different. I’d suggest to get the 200s and break them in half and stash the other half for later. 100mg is plenty for me. I have trouble staying asleep on 200mg.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Just do meth u fuckin nerds, its 15$/g now as opposed to 10$/pill for adderall.

Also modafinil/provigil sucks for anything outside of keeping you awake. It does fuck all for focus and surprisingly nothing at all for energy, you merely cannot sleep on it.