RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Eh.

100% would rather watch Rock movies. The Rock has made the last 4 F&F movies and his spin off will probably be more fun than F9.

BG Level

He peaked in his first one. Granted, that was a strong showing, but by 7 he was superfluous, and then 8 was just hot garbage altogether, so whatever.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I mean you're allowed to be wrong

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They really need to stop with these semi-retired main events in the Saudi shows... it's embarrassing.

BG Level

Yeah right. Watch the main event in November be HHH/HBK. They'll also have one in-ring promo the week in advance of that trying to pretend they hate each other, all while using video footage from 2002 and promo graphics featuring them both with hair.

While it's possible that those two could maybe make something semi-watchable, make it an Ironman match because that'd be even greater!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ryan Satin is saying Goldberg concussed himself in his stupid pre match ritual where he headbutts something. He was stopped in gorilla before going out and a doctor checked him and advised him to “take it easy” reportedly HHH was livid because this is something they’ve repeatedly told Bill not to do but he does it anyway. Satin claims all of this was filmed because of its proximity to gorilla.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I remember Goldberg cutting himself open during his last come back doing that shit and saying he was gonna stop doing it

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Because the only thing a match between two 50 year olds needed was one of them to have a concussion. Fucking Goldberg.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I don't really think it's his fault. I remember during the Roman Reigns match there was a botched tombstone spot and you could plainly see it was because Undertaker couldn't get his legs up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It was a bit of both in this case though. There were like 5 big botches. Goldberg dropped Taker badly. Taker dropped Goldberg badly. Having one of them not concussed may have helped a little.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    They really need to stop with these semi-retired main events.
    Fixed.

BG Level

Me: "I'm not going to get ahead of myself with wish lists since he may only work like 4 matches in NJPW before AEW gets going."
    Mox: "I want to be in the G1"

In the past I'd shake my head at NJPW having too many North Americans/people that work often in the States for the US shows, this is one person that I'd think would surely move tickets if they announce him for Dallas.

Shingo: "I want in the G1"

Omega, Elgin, and Page's spots were open, with Taichi/Ospreay as some of the top options, but now two more names. I'd hope Tama doesn't get a spot, but who knows?

BG Level

Just finished watching the final matches. Pretty good show overall, but kind of weird, and didn't feel like the Dominion standard.

Anyway, some more thoughts on the show itself:

Spoiler: show
    Shota's totally going to be Moxley's tag buddy during the G1 isn't he? I like to imagine that after kicking his ass and helping him to the back, they started drinking delicious warm Coors Light together.

I had no idea that Yoshi-Hashi and ZSJ have been sorta feuding. I'm sure the people in the UK are soooo looking forward to that match!

"Shibata, don't tease us again." "Wait, what? Holy shit." When Itami got his release, I know some here were hoping that NJPW would pick him up. Personally, there were enough matchups in NOAH that I would have looked forward to, but I can't help but be excited about this. They're going to make the G1 24 people aren't they? I hope not, but it might make the tour more interesting since they'd have to adjust probably to the old format a bit.

Tag title match meh. Wish they had the juniors, but Ishimori is pretty banged up... and ELP is in the UK anyway.

Tana's got a new finisher? Practice that, please.

Junior match was great overall, but the ending just felt weird. Super Ospreay, I guess. So is he not going to be in the G1? Eagles match in Australia, hell yes! (I've seen comments saying that Ospreay said he intends on being in the G1 too. Backstage interview, maybe?)

Kota, you dead, man?

Of all the matches for Okada to have a win like this, it's against Chris fucking Jericho? Besides setting up with Tana, I wonder what part of that may have been playing nice with AEW. Jericho/Tana was like the only match that I wanted after his match against Omega at WK a couple years ago. While Tana has lost a step at times in recent years, he's still far better than Okada, so maybe he'll actually get a great match out of Jericho.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm working my way thru Dominion now.

Really liked the Ishii vs Taichi match.

And I'm convinced Ibushi wants to die. That bump on the ring apron was just fucking awful, jfc

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also man, I'm gonna be on patrol around Japan during the G1, really hoping our schedule works out so I can catch a show during a port call.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Overall I enjoyed the show. KENTA's arrival is awesome and of course Mox announcing he wants in the G1 will give a ton to look forward to. I'm not sure who I even want to see Okada face next. Just hope it's something fresh. Or, maybe Naito will fulfill his prophecy.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

BG Level

Nice face, Shota!

Kizuna Road/Southern Showdown cards revealed. Website doesn't have the card for Niigata (21st) for some reason, but doubt it's a big deal, since they're very similar cards from show to show. Mikey Nicholls (remember him?) is working the tour, and Tenzan has a return match on the middle of one of the cards. Unless noted, these are non-title matches. Some highlights:

June 16:
    R3K vs. ELP/Ishimori

June 17:
    Taguchi/Yano/Makabe(c) vs. ELP/Chase/Yujiro (poor ELP)

June 25:
    ELP(c) vs. Taguchi
    ZSJ(c) vs. Y-H
    [both RevPro titles]

June 29 (Melbourne):
    Romero vs. ELP
    Nicholls/Juice vs. GoD
    Ospreay(c) vs. Eagles
    Tana/Okada vs. Fale/White

June 30 (Sydney):
    Ishii vs. Henare
    Ospreay/Tana/Okada vs. Eagles/Fale/White

Also, Super J Cup is returning, and will take place in the US. Aug 22, 24, 25 in Tacoma, San Francisco, Long Beach.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I’m tempted to get smackdown tickets for next month, but after the absolute shitshow that WWE has been lately, i don’t feel the need to support the product unless it’s the NXT side. The only benefit i can see about going to smackdown is to watch 205 live as well.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Moxley and Umino all summer is going to be a special treat.