+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 157 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Xavier Woods had surgery today to repair his torn Achilles. He will be out between 6-12 months, probably closer to the year mark then the 6 month mark.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

For me there is no reason right now to check out WWE sans NXT and even then I'm not going to check it out live. The main roster has been a dumpster fire for well over a year now and as mentioned, for every one thing they get right they get three things wrong. I don't have a definitive "final nail in the coffin" regarding WWE for me but the most recent incident that dropped my interest was dropping the ball (again) with Bray Wyatt. Yet again they have a molten hot thing going and they screw it up. I know I've mentioned this before and maybe others have too but I don't blame the talent at all for what's happening. To me it's 100% the writing and booking decisions.

Just to put it out there if y'all aren't doing this already, there is plenty of great wrestling programming to check out. For some programming use the old Googler for watchwrestling and go from there.

- MLW on Youtube has weekly programming and it's pretty damn good.
    - NWA Powerrr is catching stream. I've only watched one episode but it was fun.
    - Tubi for all of Lucha Underground. If you haven't watched this you are missing out. Besides some annoyances of Vampiro, it's a lot of fun.
    - NJPW has free stuff on their site but their Youtube is really great too. The Re-Count, History of (Chaos, Bullet Club, etc), and others are great to watch.
    - Impact has been having some good stuff too. I haven't watched their weekly but the clips that get posted to /sc have been good stuff.

And then of course searching for stuff on YT, Vimeo, or wherever else for content is out there. There is just too much good stuff to watch instead of tuning into WWE programming on a weekly basis hoping they turn things around. And it really sucks too because there are a lot of people I really like.

BG Level

Vampiro being terrible is part of the charm, yo. Just like Striker saying that "you won't see guys slapping their thighs here!"

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

"He's absolutely schooling it!"

BG Level

Not even letting Sami in the match to be the job guy is ridiculous but also hilarious for all the wrong reasons. When this partnership started, I joked that he's Nakamura's "Gedo", but at least Gedo would always get in there and get his ass kicked when needed. How much longer does he have on his contract?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Tuned into Smackdown and that Shorty G shit is real lol

BG Level

How long til Gulak asks to go back to 205, assuming he didn't once they first said he was going to be drafted? Braun's seriously the worst featured talent on the roster, but of course they have to feed people to him before his stupid fight next week. Couldn't have him just squash Hawkins and Ryder (or any of their SD equivalents if they're on Raw)?

For anyone that skipped this show, do check out the trifecta of Cain/Brock related segments which were right before the main event. Those were absolutely hilarious. Did you know that Brock has a scar? Even with commentary/promos mentioning it about 10x per show, I have never noticed it. The way they talk about it, I'd expect something like Tyrion Lannister.

Shorty G has new gear and it's terrible.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Wednesday's Dynamite was being replayed and I completely forgot about Smackdown.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Was the funhouse at least good?

BG Level

I assume that if you like the previous ones this was fine.

Actually, I kind of forgot one interesting thing in the sea of crap that was this show. DB had a segment where he was going to address if the Yes movement is back (I guess they wanted a properly branded way of asking if he's a face) and Nakamura/Zayn interrupted and tried to get him to join them. He just walked away at the end rather than responding. Gotta drag it out til... Survivor Series? I don't know. Probably just end up being a title match on SD so the winner can face Styles at Survivor Series.

Seems like the routine cliche where face pretends to join heels, only to attack immediately/turn quickly, but I say let him join them. There's Brock, Cain, Fury, and Braun hogging the spotlight, so let the other guys have fun. Or have him go Crow Sting for the winter. Whatever they're doing, I hope it's at least a worthy follow up to him turning.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For anyone who missed Jake Hager’s bellator fight, it had a true pro wrestling ending. Jake used a low blow on his opponent that he was already soundly beating. Whether he was in legit pain or oversold the nut shot is anybody’s guess but the refs declared it a no contest. It was ref judgement whether to DQ Hager or fall it a no contest, and they went with no contest. Inner Circle minus Jericho was there cageside. Can’t believe they didn’t distract the ref.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ACH/Jordan Myles was not happy about the t-shirt designed for him. Sounds like he tried to discuss it privately and was ignored, so he went on Twitter.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Jordan Myles (NXT) is going nuclear on twitter over WWE. Showed his shirt off that they are selling that he claims had zero input on and feels is racist, as well as no bump in pay for NXT now being on TV.

Mega thread on reddit now over this. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...es_megathread/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

‘member when Seth Rollins beat Big E with a curbstomp on MLK Day? lol

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really don't understand him calling Jay Lethal an Uncle Tom.

The rest of his ranting is valid points but calling out Lethal just doesn't make any sense, especially given he doesn't fucking work for ROH anymore.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Different people of varied ethnic backgrounds have been champions in ROH, including the current World champion Rush and TV champion Shane Taylor. Maybe during his stint, he felt he didn't get a big enough push and blames his race? IDK. I always felt ACH was a really talented in ring guy with no charisma.

I do think the shirt thing is fucked up by WWE though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Speaking of Jay Leathal, he broke his arm during a match with PCO and is out for an unknown amount of time.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Samckdown did 888k on FS1.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

To be fair, did they even announce it would be on FS1 last week prior? I actually didn't even know it was o FS1 till I saw the ratings release.