+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 157 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Sasha is injured I believe and Rhea is the champ. Also the women's Rumble had a way better story throughout, actually advancing storylines and highlighting talent - I'm not sure who was a "who is that" since everyone involved was Raw, Smackdown, or NXT (with the exceptions of people that we all definitely knew like Beth and Molly).

Women's Rumble was a master class in booking that did something for everyone, men's Rumble was Brock burying half the roster followed by the Drew McIntyre story with brief interludes about Edge or Rollins.

It's a damn crime how they used Morrison and Kofi last night.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Rewatched the men’s rumble this morning on my way to work and AJ was definitely hurt after Edge’s spear. You can see the doctors talking to him on the apron: and Edge and Anderson’s face expression when he was eliminated were clearly “oh fuck that wasn’t supposed to happen” lol.

BG Level

Also, fuck Kevin Dunn! Fucking missed Edge’s first spear against the always great sell Ziggler for a stupid crowd shot.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We are Stardom episode 4 featuring Mayu Iwatani vs Kagetsu from the December 24 show.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Also, fuck Kevin Dunn! Fucking missed Edge’s first spear against the always great sell Ziggler for a stupid crowd shot.
    Yo Dunn was AWFUL last night.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Women's Rumble was a master class in booking that did something for everyone, men's Rumble was Brock burying half the roster followed by the Drew McIntyre story with brief interludes about Edge or Rollins.

It's a damn crime how they used Morrison and Kofi last night.

I missed the second half of the Womens Rumble match, so I'll be going back and finishing it later today. The mens match though... I am fine with Brock burying some of those guys. MVP, John Morrison, etc, have no role in the central story telling. But Kofi, Rey, Big E, and a few others... And hell, Kofi didn't even get his miraculous save this year. It's another streak that Brock ended.

The AJ spot, I could tell his elimination was early, from the look on Edge and Anderson's face. But due to crappy cuts from Dunn, I couldn't see what happened. Overall I was expecting two more surprise entrants, due to the announcers talking about Rusev and Lashley getting into a brawl and not being medically cleared.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Pretty sure Lashley/Rusev Rumble spots went to MVP and Edge

BG Level

No shit Morrison isn't in any central stories, that was basically his return match after almost a decade and it was one bump.

Guy is a star all over the world and he comes back to get chewed up by Brock. Why not put Miz in that spot and have Morrison come out when he did, after Brock was gone?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Looking like Tom Phillips is going to replace Vic Joseph on Raw commentary going forward. Tom is the better announcer but they did both of them dirty with this move.

BG Level

Kofi obviously didn't have some great escape planned because THIS IS HIS LIFE or whatever it was that he was screaming about in a recent interview.

Phillips or that Vic/Dio guy, meh. They're all the same person, so I care about this as much as when they shuffle around/shuffle in the Charly-bots. Lawler is the one that has to go rather than these other changes that mean nothing.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yo Dunn was AWFUL last night.

Dunn has been awful for years. Go look at AJ's surprise entry in the rumble a few years ago and all we get is a close up of Roman.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    I'm just glad it's that "he's sick" rather than something Ibushi-esque.
    So, about that...

From his twitter:
    "Good morning. I'm sorry for the local fans who were looking forward to the American Games. It was a hell of flu and Mallory-Weiss syndrome. I still can't move much, but I'll try to cure it a little better. I saw hallucinations for the first time in my life. I guess that was the only thing I got."

104 F fever

BG Level

The more I think about it the more impressed I am with how well it was set up to get Drew over. Spend almost 30 minutes getting the crowd to absolutely despise Lesnar and then have him eliminated by McIntyre. Spend the next 30 minutes surprising people and getting maximum hype with Edge's return, and then have Drew win by eliminating the guy who eliminated Edge.

I hate that so many other dudes had to suffer for the story to work though.

The hits just keep rolling...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

wrestlemania has been around since the dinosaurs were pooping on our front lawnz ,,, itll be around way after that also

The more I think about it the more impressed I am with how well it was set up to get Drew over. Spend almost 30 minutes getting the crowd to absolutely despise Lesnar and then have him eliminated by McIntyre. Spend the next 30 minutes surprising people and getting maximum hype with Edge's return, and then have Drew win by eliminating the guy who eliminated Edge.

I hate that so many other dudes had to suffer for the story to work though.

Don't forget the fact that they also set up an interim program between McIntyre and Ricochet, who they'll probably play up as feeling like he's not getting the credit he's due for helping to eliminate Lesnar. Ricochet already responded to an IG post with something to that effect.

BG Level

I'm interested in watching the Raw after a PPV for the first time in longer than I can remember.

BG Level

I wonder if Edge is back full time or for special occasions only.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm interested in watching the Raw after a PPV for the first time in longer than I can remember.

I watched mostly just the two rumbles last night and I too will be watching RAW from the start for the first time in either two or three years. I wasn't watching wrestling during Edge's singles & main event runs, and wasn't really a fan of his, but I recognize and appreciate what he's done and seeing him last night was really really cool. I loved ALL of Brock's stuff. It's going to be huge for Drew if he can beat Brock. I never cared about Drew during his first run so when he started back on the indies I was indifferent. Then I started hearing the praise and I started watching the clips and I'm thrilled for how far he's come. He's a top guy and I really hope they pull the trigger on him.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I wonder if Edge is back full time or for special occasions only.
    Reportedly signed a 3 year deal