Page 33 of 157 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just because video games went way further down the rabbit hole doesn't mean it doesn't resemble some of those storylines

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Was watching the story time show on the network and came across a fucked up one by Kofi Kingston.

He tells a story how a journalist who was apparently annoying him to challenge him to some video game. The journalist had put up his signed Bo Jackson card as a bet. Long story short Kofi beats him and proceeds to rip the card in half in front of the dudes face. Shit is mad fucked up and I see Kofi in a completely different light now.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Kofi is a wonderful person but my dude gets heated on his videogames. The madden tourney vids of him vs AJ Styles is golden because Styles also gets so heated.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

He tore up the card because it wasnt about the bet, it was about getting the guy to fuck off.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Was watching the story time show on the network and came across a fucked up one by Kofi Kingston.

He tells a story how a journalist who was apparently annoying him to challenge him to some video game. The journalist had put up his signed Bo Jackson card as a bet. Long story short Kofi beats him and proceeds to rip the card in half in front of the dudes face. Shit is mad fucked up and I see Kofi in a completely different light now.
    Kofi is straight up a savage heel when it comes to video games. I wouldn't want to piss him off on that end either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Super J Cup starts tonight. I'll be front row for it and try to remember to post spoilered results/review when I get back. From what I heard, it won't be on NJPW until next month, so those that want to wait until then, good luck.

BG Level

Enjoy the show! Kind of hate that it's getting the delayed stream treatment, especially since that's happening with Royal Quest next week too. Destruction tour is kind of neverending anyway and mostly skippable, so at least the VODs for all these will be something decent to watch.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh ya Becky and Seth are engaged.

First all Man wedding in the WWE.

BG Level

Will they have the wedding on Smackdown with Eric Bischoff officiating?

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Oh ya Becky and Seth are engaged.

First all Man wedding in the WWE.
    Billy and Chuck would like a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Enjoy the show! Kind of hate that it's getting the delayed stream treatment, especially since that's happening with Royal Quest next week too. Destruction tour is kind of neverending anyway and mostly skippable, so at least the VODs for all these will be something decent to watch.
    Spoilered review/thoughts for long post. For anyone that just wants results:
    (There are some results in the review)

https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/53763?showResult=1

Spoiler: show
    The show itself was great, but there was a HUGE issue at the venue with Security while waiting to get in. From what I've read, it was the building owner's decision, but NO bags were allowed in the venue at all even though NJPW listed that certain sizes would be allowed (think Stadium rules). People were livid because this meant women couldn't even bring in purses. The guy was being a prick about it as well.

Once we got in, the merch tables were a clusterfuck and those that got in earlier due to the meet and greet bought most of the larger sizes of the popular shirts (tour shirt mainly). I don't think NJPW knows their American audience that well since it seemed like they had a lot of small-medium-large items.

The yellow bag in this picture is where my seat was.

As much as I liked the seat, I couldn't see shit in the opposite corner because of the blue corner pad.

Match thoughts:

Liger/Fredericks vs Narita/Umino
    I haven't been following NJPW very much, so while I knew of Shota and his Moxley stuff, I wasn't too familiar with him but he was quite over. Fun match, but pretty much what you'd expect.

Romero vs Soberano Jr.
    I have no idea who Soberano is, but by the end of the match, he had me glad that he was moving forward. Nothing stands out from memory at the moment.

Connors vs TJP
    Clark is from our home promotion, so he was very over. TJ had fans on both sides, but was mostly booed, heavily. TJ may be shitty outside of the ring, but he's very good inside it. This match ended up being a lot better than anyone probably expected with quite a few near falls at the end. *Worth watching*

Caristico vs Bushi
    Good match and pretty much what you'd expect. The finish was good even if Bushi ended up losing. On a random note, shortly after this picture was taken, the barrier rope/ribbon wouldn't be seen again for the rest of the night. Both wrestlers went through it into the audience and no one could find it after that. lol

Taguchi vs Gresham
    Again, what you expect from a Taguchi match.

Eagles vs ELP
    Really good match between them, but I was expecting them to hate each other more than they showed. *Worth watching*

YOH vs Dragon Lee
    Okay match, but I went in expecting more because of Dragon Lee. I feel like he didn't get in a ton of offense during the match.

SHO vs Ishimori
    SHO was a lot more over than I expected. Ishimori is really impressive to see in person. I am sad he never did his sliding German Suplex though. Red Shoes also got his first chant during this match and did a little shuffle.

Ospreay vs Red
    Words can't do this match justice, just watch it. It's everything you hoped it would be. I don't even want to spoil anything that happens (aside from who wins if you checked the NJPW site). ***WATCH THIS***

For those that don't want to read the spoiler above, these are the top 3 matches I feel are worth watching:

Ospreay vs Red - 100% must see.
    Connors vs TJP
    Eagles vs ELP

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Just my 2 cents on RP3K, even when dubbed The Tempura Boys I didn't really care for them. However, since coming back I became a fan of SHO. YOH, not so much. I don't know. To me, he has a very punchable face. I think he'd be a great pretty boy heel.

BG Level

Oh, I was wondering why you were even bringing them up, but I guess something to do with Super J Cup.

Yoh > Sho. Sho is going to be the one that puts on the smashmouth type matches and that's great. Yoh's got more depth and promise as a complete product. Agree on your point about wanting to punch his face though. As for him and potential as a heel, well... if you recall, Yoh being paired with Jay White was the only reason to watch undercards during last year's G1. Plus, before he went on excursion, there was speculation and teases that he'd join LIJ, or join after coming back.

Sho's got less-terrible ring gear though, so there's that.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Moxley had to back out of All Out. He's got a nasty staph infection in his elbow.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Moxley had to back out of All Out. He's got a nasty staph infection in his elbow.
    Ouch... was it the same elbow? I recall he’s had a staph infection before.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Think this one is his left, not sure if it's the same one. He had to use a compression sleeve the last few days and all his singles matches were turned to tag matches so he could gut it out. Sucks cause I was planning on watching All Out on my flight to florida, and Mox vs Omega was the match I was most hyped for.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Replacing Moxley is PAC.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

That's about as big of a consolation prize as you can legitimately hope for. Also supposedly Mox is having the entire bursa sac removed from his elbow to keep this from happening again, so it sounds like it was the same arm.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Steve Austin is now being advertised for the MSG Raw in September.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Getting desperate. Never thought I'd see the day WWE has issues selling out the Garden.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kenny Omega will be at DDT on 11/3, teaming with Riho vd Antonio Honda and Miyu Yamashita.

He also cuts a 4 minute promo at the beginning of BTE this week. It was a really good promo.