FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Pokémon Masters (Android/iOS) - 2019

Dreaming of becoming a Pokémon master? This is your time!

Get ready for Pokémon Masters, a new game that allows you to battle alongside your favorite Pokémon Trainers from the main series RPGs.

Fun fact: #PokemonMasters began with a suggestion from Ken Sugimori of @GAMEFREAK_info, who wanted to create a game featuring all past and present Pokémon Trainers from the video games.

Stay tuned for more on Pokémon Masters. We’ll share additional info as soon as we can!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/431350217
    https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1133545447224561664
    https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1133545582058885120

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm not against this...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Part of me wishes the promo artist's intent is that all of these models' proportions are scaled correctly.

Steven's Metagross is the size of an end table, Red has a giant Ivankov head, etc...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It's a gacha game. 10-pulls are $30. DeNA has put a monthly spending cap on the game, $700.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Did anyone think this wasn't gonna be gatcha?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Game is out.

It's pretty neat so far.. besides the constant crashes and graphical glitches everywhere.

friend id: 6079-4009-4576-8587

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm having a blast with this. I'm really getting vibes of some old school Digimon games that were ATB based.

I'm not the biggest fan of some of the stuff they've dumbed down in the game. Weakness and resistances being reduced to a single weakness is silly, though the single weakness does make it far easier to know what to use against an enemy at least. I do like that items are essentially skills, however, AoE or stronger healing skills will be an obvious way to power creep with the game being a gacha. I don't know the exact rosters they have to pull from, but I could see them having plenty of event fodder with the full list of movies, anime, and games. Right now, it's just notable trainers and gym leaders, but I'm sure down the road, this could be expanded to include professors, team leaders, and other notables.

I'm not the biggest fan of the sync moves. Bosses sometimes revolve around rushing the boss to prevent them from using it since they're so powerful, and oftentimes AoE from a boss. It feels kind of disappointing that you can't "catch em all" since many characters come with their evolved Pokemon already, leading to you never seeing the pre-evolved forms. The characters that can and can't evolve seems really dart boarded. Maybe there's some rhyme or reason that I'm unaware of.

Each character has a spattering of voice lines that really adds to their character. It can get a little old when you battle, for instance, three swimmers, and all three have the same intro voice line, but outside of that, it really makes some characters great. Brock, Blaine, Lt. Surge, and Mina have been my favorite so far. I haven't 100% kept up with the games over the years, so if they're from White/Black, X/Y, or Sun/Moon, I don't know them.

Combat is pretty much what I've wanted from Pokemon for a long time. One to one turn based has long since gotten old. It can get mildly annoying when you're essentially action locked thanks to enemy animations and end up capping out your energy bars with no useful way of dumping it since the enemy queued up a bunch of actions, though this rarely becomes such an issue that you gain more then one bar.