+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, Neverwinter Nights is superior to Baldur's Gate.

COME AT ME BRO

BG Level

imagine remembering enough about NWN to have an opinion about it

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    imagine remembering enough about NWN to have an opinion about it
    I lol'd at work. I hated NWN after BG. I tried to get into it several times. I couldn't find myself caring about it at all.

I also wish I still had the manual to BGII. That thing was a behemoth. I've never seen a book that big for a game, before or after.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Base single player campaign in NWN was terrible, but that multiplayer tho.

The expansions were absolute fire tho.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Enhanced Editions on sale for the next 10 days at GoG (Includes original versions as well.)
    https://www.gog.com/promo/beamdog_dnd_bundle
    Some of these are tempting, but I already own them all on original disc that I could just play as-is with a couple community fixes for modern OS, unless these 'Enhanced' versions do more than just officially compile up said fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    I thought BG would be the right generation for this hype. Come looking for the thread and see 3 posts.
    I've become so jaded with new game releases (thanks modern marketing practices/constantly reviving old IPs) that I'll get excited 'after' it comes out, and if it ends up being great.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Enhanced Editions do add content to some of the games. new companions, quests, dungeons, etc.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Baldur's Gate III (PC/STD) - Larian Studios (NOT YET 100% CONFIRMED)

Love Divinity, will likely be interested in BG3, but never played the originals. How well do they hold up? Worth giving them a try in preparation for the new one?

BG Level

the second one absolutely, without qualification. the story and characters and world are still among the best to ever grace the genre, features one of the best villains in vidya history, gorgeous soundtrack, outstanding art design, and the combat/character customization while opaque are quite deep and satisfying. the original is good (though it never reaches the heights of II) and begins the narrative the second completes, but is p rough around the edges. your mileage will vary depending on how well you handle jankiness and retro systems that were built before quality of life existed as a concept.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wtf is STD?

Besides what your mom gave me.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Same logic applies to Pillar of Eternity.

The quality of life changes (and spells being per encounter instead of per rest) introduced in 2 made the original unplayable to me

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Wtf is STD?

Besides what your mom gave me.
    Google Stadia lol

Also, I daresay Irenicus (from BGII) is my favorite villain of all time. Edwin Odesseiron is also one of my favorite npc's ever as the name implies.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    Love Divinity, will likely be interested in BG3, but never played the originals. How well do they hold up? Worth giving them a try in preparation for the new one?
    Just remember to go for the eyes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I never played much of 1st, but the second is so great, it's definitely worthy of the fame it gets as a cRPG game. It'd a piece of history

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My friend told me playing the old ones for the first time now would be a chore due to outdated mechanics. True or false?

BG Level

i don't want to overreact but your friend is a stupid idiot and i hate him and i hope a coyote eats him

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sounds like something someone with rose colored glasses would say. 1 point to my friend

BG Level

points won't help him when the coyotes come

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Enhanced Editions do add content to some of the games. new companions, quests, dungeons, etc.
    Well, I will say it took me a little over an hour of Googling/fucking-around to get vanilla BG1 running peachy under Win10 in conditions I wanted (windowed w/ decent resolution where I can see shit, mininal graphic glitches). Almost would have been worth it if I just grabbed the EE version of that assuming they did all the legacy-compatibility bullshit work already. BG2 on the other hand works peachy as it is in comparison with this Atari-published release I own.

EE also being a thing makes it harder to find mods/fixes relating to the vanilla version while we're at it since most search results pop up the re-releases. Anyways, going to try and actually beat this thing for once after multiple attempts in the past. I'm sure I have plenty of time before BG3 is out. Need to get my space hamster in the crew.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Well, I will say it took me a little over an hour of Googling/fucking-around to get vanilla BG1 running peachy under Win10 in conditions I wanted (windowed w/ decent resolution where I can see shit, mininal graphic glitches). Almost would have been worth it if I just grabbed the EE version of that assuming they did all the legacy-compatibility bullshit work already. BG2 on the other hand works peachy as it is in comparison with this Atari-published release I own.

EE also being a thing makes it harder to find mods/fixes relating to the vanilla version while we're at it since most search results pop up the re-releases. Anyways, going to try and actually beat this thing for once after multiple attempts in the past. I'm sure I have plenty of time before BG3 is out. Need to get my space hamster in the crew.
    If you have to play it on easy, it's still fun. Or use the CLUA:Console shit. I have beat BG2 so many times regularly I use CLUA to do crazy shit and just make the game fun.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Gameplay Reveal February 27th
    We’ve been working, growing, driving towards this moment for the past few years. It’s nearly here. The World Gameplay Reveal of Baldur’s Gate 3 is just around the corner. Join us at PAX East, or online. Wherever you are in the world, Baldur’s Gate 3 is coming.

Baldur’s Gate 3 was announced back at E3 last year, and since then we have been continuing to grow to 350 people, and working on new technology and pipelines that allow them to create a truly next-generation RPG.

Tune in on February 27 at 1530ET to discover why we’ve been quiet over the past few months, and more about the mechanics and gameplay of Baldur’s Gate 3.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag