+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

They didn't say he was doing it, Snoke connected them. As in permanently.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    They started exploring all these new force abilities...in the last movie. That force heal shit cmon

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Some of those abilities were alluded to by Palpatine way back in the prequels when he was turning Anakin. However, they were supposedly dark side abilities because of the nature and cost to the Jedi.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

They're gonna do a new trilogy to fix this mess calling it now

Hasn’t it been suggested that Palpatine’s presence was lurking in the unknown regions?
    Imperial remnant being ordered to go to the unknown regions
    A dark presence in the unknown regions
    Palpatine and Co. looking for the origin of the dark side or something along those lines?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Palpatine says he IS that person. You see a vat of Sidious clones in the opening suggesting the sith line is just clone after clone replacing sith lords who die and putting the sith emperors spirit in each one. It's some bullshit excuse to give them a reason to bring back a manufactured antagonist whenever they want. Real fucking bad...

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Hrm. How would I rate the previous trilogy and this one.. I'm not gonna rate them with the first trilogy since that'd be unfair, lol

I'd probably go...

7>>3>>>8>>1>9>>>>>>>2

if I had to put em in order. The only reason I like 1 over 9, honestly, is because of the Maul fight. There's nothing in the new one in all honesty that makes me go "I can't wait to see that again on Blu-Ray" because ain't no way I'm buying that movie to watch again.

Palpatine says he IS that person. You see a vat of Sidious clones in the opening suggesting the sith line is just clone after clone replacing sith lords who die and putting the sith emperors spirit in each one. It's some bullshit excuse to give them a reason to bring back a manufactured antagonist whenever they want. Real fucking bad...

Snoke clones, but okay

I’m pretty sure he just said that Sith spirits reside in him and they all transfer to a new host after death

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Snoke, yea.

It's supposed to be a Master and an Apprentice Sith. Always two. That's how this series started out. Now its "my ghost resides in all sith it's all just a line of me" is so lazy and not consistent with the other 8 movies.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Hrm. How would I rate the previous trilogy and this one.. I'm not gonna rate them with the first trilogy since that'd be unfair, lol

I'd probably go...

7>>3>>>8>>1>9>>>>>>>2

if I had to put em in order. The only reason I like 1 over 9, honestly, is because of the Maul fight. There's nothing in the new one in all honesty that makes me go "I can't wait to see that again on Blu-Ray" because ain't no way I'm buying that movie to watch again.
    8 > 7 > 9 > 3 >>> 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> infinity

for me

I tried watching the Maul fight the other day. The amount of inane shit you have to sit through even during that is too much. I'll take a special cut of just the fight please and thank you.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So some of my mostly minor gripes:

- Rey should have had her own lightsaber throughout (especially after the tease of showing a different colored blade at the end). Anakin's had already been broken in the last movie so why not go that route, especially since it would parallel Luke crafting his own prior to Return of the Jedi.
    - Should have lengthened the Rey/Dark Rey fight. It lasted all of what, 10 seconds? Just would have been cool to watch.
    - More should have been done with the final fight. I understand that McDiarmid is an old man and that Palpatine is so much stronger at that point... but it still should have been a bit more than just stealing of life force and force lightning. Which kind of leads into...
    - Really needed to do more with the Knights of Ren. Hear about them throughout, and all they basically do is get jobbed out against Ben.
    - Ben should have been a force ghost along with Luke and Leia.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think I’m gonna have to watch it again to give it a definitive ranking. I don’t think it’s better than any of the OT, naturally. It might edge out Revenge of the Sith. I still like TFA more I think.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't know how people have any fondness for any of the prequels.

Duel of the Fates is great and Anakin vs Obi Wan in Revenge was enjoyable. But like, you have to slog through so much unpleasantness and bullshit. I'll take any part of of the new trilogy over any of that

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I don't know how people have any fondness for any of the prequels.

Duel of the Fates is great and Anakin vs Obi Wan in Revenge was enjoyable. But like, you have to slog through so much unpleasantness and bullshit. I'll take any part of of the new trilogy over any of that
    Basically this, but add Maul... I fuckin hate the Yoda fight from AOTC

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Maul is Duel of the Fates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Maul is Duel of the Fates.
    Thought you were referring to the song, my bad

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I was but also the actual duel haha

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can’t wait for Kevin Smith’s one hour plus review of the film where he cries a half dozen times. Dude is passionate as fuck, I’ll give him that.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hey guys. My name dirty filthy casual. And I enjoyed the prequels. I enjoy all the Star Wars series (some after SEVERAL viewings) mostly for what they are, sci-fi drama. I will retreat to my sunken place now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Snoke, yea.

It's supposed to be a Master and an Apprentice Sith. Always two. That's how this series started out. Now its "my ghost resides in all sith it's all just a line of me" is so lazy and not consistent with the other 8 movies.

Well to be fair, they got this idea from the EU "Dark Empire" saga. Palpatine never intended Vader, or any other Sith Lord, to take over and him live forever via Spirit Transfer. His private world, Byss, held all his clones and such. For them saying they had no source material they really did pull some Dark Empire material into this one.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

PS I didn’t know that was Kerri Russell until I saw her name in the credits and based on her voice alone I thought it was Demi Moore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast