+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Car questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I should also note, we aren't getting the car to save money so much as getting the car to be environmentally friendly.
    Yikes. Might wanna do some research on that haha.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    How much is electricity near you?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    It's tiered.

First tier is $0.19/kWh, tier 2 is $0.24/kWh.

We usually fall slightly into the tier 2. For this month we had 369 kwh at tier 1 and 162 at tier 2.

As for charging stations they're all over the place, but I don't know their rates offhand.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Wow that's odd and expensive. What times are the tiers different prices?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Yikes. Might wanna do some research on that haha.
    They get better overtime due to demand and competition. And you are already at the tipping point where it's debatable on which is better.

Equally, we haven't gone solar yet, but that's because we were in limbo on whether we were staying in our current home or if we were going to upgrade in a year or two. Considering his raise, we'll probably upgrade to a bigger home in about a year, and then we'll get solar. That's going to really help make it better to have electric vehicles in our family.

If you think they will forever be the same as gas-run cars, you're silly.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Wow that's odd and expensive. What times are the tiers different prices?

It's not bad for our house tbh. Usually our bill ends up being $100 a month and less during spring/fall/winter, then $150-$200 in the summer (I'm the only one in my family that can stand the heat apparently lol.)

They set the baseline for the tiers, and iirc it's based on season, rather than time you used. Bill lists "[tier 1] winter baseline allowance=369"

I am debating whether a Tesla is actually worth it nowadays.

So I promised my husband he could get a car once our son started kindergarten ($300 reduction in childcare costs, doesn't have to be that low a payment, just that helps make the payment manageable).

He (and I) wants to lease an electric to test out whether having an electric works for our lifestyle before doing a purchase (if it's too much of a hassle for us, we'll get a hybrid instead). Plus, once his lease is up, my car payments are done, giving extra money for a purchase.

So my husband wanted a Tesla, and at first I was adamantly against it for three reasons. 1. The cost. 2. It's just paying extra for bragging rights (we got kids to send to college, yo) 3. This one may sound stupid, but I don't trust Elon Musk. He is a legit loose canon nutbar, and with so many electronic parts connecting to their system, I could foresee him snapping one day and shutting the whole thing down.

But now he just got a $15k raise, and I wonder if maybe I should let him get one. What are your thoughts on the Tesla compared to other electrics? There are so many out there now, is it really any better?

TL;DR-Hubby wants to lease a Tesla. I don't think they're worth it. He got a huge raise, so maybe we should get one anyway. IDK
    Your kids should be paying for their own college.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It doesn't seem like there's much to discuss here.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

If you're leasing you should not be looking at Tesla, they Lease terribly. An Egolf is a much better choice if you don't need the autopilot. Literally one of the worst leasing cars.

Putting down money on a lease outside of MSD's and tax is dumb. Don't be a Kyle.

About Tesla's, don't they take forever to charge at home without the special charger? Like 5miles charge an hour or something stupid lol. Maybe it's difficult in Cali but the closest super charger here is 20-30min away and those take like 40minutes to fully charge. I'll wait for shit to be more efficient.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I want a power wall/roof more than a Tesla.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    If you're leasing you should not be looking at Tesla, they Lease terribly. An Egolf is a much better choice if you don't need the autopilot. Literally one of the worst leasing cars.

Putting down money on a lease outside of MSD's and tax is dumb. Don't be a Kyle.

About Tesla's, don't they take forever to charge at home without the special charger? Like 5miles charge an hour or something stupid lol. Maybe it's difficult in Cali but the closest super charger here is 20-30min away and those take like 40minutes to fully charge. I'll wait for shit to be more efficient.
    There’s a Tesla charging station near his work, so it’s not too bad there, but yeah looking at the lease offer and it’s total shit compared to other leases. I’m leaning towards leasing a different electric and after the lease is over if he wants to buy a Tesla he can.

He kinda wants to just buy a Tesla and if he doesn’t like it, sell it. I hate that idea lol.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Gonna lose like 20% doing that lol

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Honestly with my use I'd only need to recharge once a week, and for the long drives id have to bunny hop between quick charge stations which is entirely possible for me in Florida.

Ugh...one day...one day...

One of my friends travels to a lot of raiders games and he's road tripped from the California bay area to Jacksonville in his model s. Dude now also owns an X for his fiance and a model 3.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Tesla model 3 is the best car I've ever owned and is so far ahead of all other full electrics that it's not even a comparison.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post

WTF why is that even a saying? Never heard that before. My name is Kyle what did I do?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    Tesla model 3 is the best car I've ever owned and is so far ahead of all other full electrics that it's not even a comparison.
    You drank too many Monster energy drinks.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Your kids should be paying for their own college.
    Only statement that I read so far that makes the most sense.

(Coming from a 30 year old who is paying for his college degree)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

My parents paid for my sister’s and my college. It’s only fair I pay it forward.

My parents paid for my sister’s and my college. It’s only fair I pay it forward.
    That's fine. But if your parents are far enough ahead and weren't put back by putting you guys through college that's one thing. But do not put your child's college fund ahead of your own finances, especially your retirement.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

My 1st two years of college was paid by grants/assistance programs. I took advantage of that because it was free, wasn't wasting anyone's money. Got D's and almost flunked out and lost all my funding. Took Student Loans for the last two years and got straight A's and B's because it was now my money and I didn't want to waste it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Same story as omni, but I graduated with 4.0 and honors I didnt fuck around regardless if I was on grants and other funding or on my own, I knew at the end of the day I was going to end up paying my own way through and it only took me 8 months to pull it off.