+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Electric Car questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    For (roughly, MA has some weird required parts of insurance) the same coverage my insurance on my car dropped like 25 bucks a month moving from MA to WA.

I pay 90 a month combined on car and renters insurance, dunno the specific split tho cause I'm too lazy to look it up
    I live in CT, 30 years old and have a clean record. I pay $86.55 for a 2016 Chevy Malibu and a 2017 Chevy Silverado and I pay $83.87 a month for my 2001 Honda S2000 (Convertible).

I used to pay $140 a month with Geico, switched to Progressive, did the snapshot and now pay $86.55 for both our main cars. The s2000 is only insured from March-November, then just comprehensive.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

6 month policy and a special note, I shop around every 6 months for a new policy to get the best rate. Right now Progressive is winning my business.

I also shop around every 12 months for homeowners, cable internet etc... and I can bet you I have the best rates there as well. NEVER BE CONTENT WITH WHAT YOU PAY WHEN THERE ARE MULTIPLE SERVICE PROVIDERS FIGHTING OR YOUR BUSINESS.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

ITT: Everyone pays less for car insurance than salo =(

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I used to pay $114/month for my WRX in NY. It was like $240/month when I lived in the Bronx. Was also younger, but that shit was nuts. Never had an accident, unless you count the ice chunk falling off my roof and smashing the trunk of my Fusion.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

If it helps, I live in one of the most sought after towns in CT in terms of schooling and outdoor activities. It's also consistently rated as one of the safest towns in all of CT -- that will help. The only crime we have here is the occasional Bear crushing my trash can for food.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I live in one of the safest cities in America (except for that school shooting last year). How I'm almost at $200 is beyond me. Calling up progressive asap.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Remember, I had to do the snapshot device for 3 months. It measures how hard you hit your brakes, very sensitive, how fast you accelerate and often you drive after 11PM. They essentially give you a rate, you put the device in and all the device can do is lower your payment, not make it higher. It was well worth it as I dropped my rate by almost 25% at the end of the 90 day trial.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Remember, I had to do the snapshot device for 3 months. It measures how hard you hit your brakes, very sensitive, how fast you accelerate and often you drive after 11PM. They essentially give you a rate, you put the device in and all the device can do is lower your payment, not make it higher. It was well worth it as I dropped my rate by almost 25% at the end of the 90 day trial.
    The funny thing is during the monitoring period you can game the device by driving less safely, plenty of google/youtube info on how to.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

For some reason I never thought of doing that, I just rode it out. The day I got the email saying I can remove was like I had my chains and shackles removed however. Felt grade giving my brakes a ride at an approaching stop sign without feather footing for 50 yards.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Definitely check out the leasehackr forum. Not only do people share their deals and advice but there are brokers that will find you insane deals.

I used to always lease one and own one. Wife always wanted that feeling of owning, having it paid off and having something of value to sell or trade in for a down payment on the next. Realistically after running the numbers, it takes on average 8-9yrs for a financed car to end up giving me more money in my pocket than a lease. In that time I've leased 3-4 vehicles, 3/6/9 yr newer vehicles with 3/6/9 years newer technology and features and amenities and I've also left more money in my pocket each month to invest or do something else with.

It makes almost zero sense to own anymore unless you have milage limits. And in that case you can lease two cars for the price of owning one lol.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Really want to get my wife a plugin hybrid Volvo XC90, but the plugin version is fucking 18k more than the base gasoline one

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Really want to get my wife a plugin hybrid Volvo XC90, but the plugin version is fucking 18k more than the base gasoline one

phevs are shit.
    They are a half stop and are designed to increase maintenance costs in the long run ( great for your dealer profits ), if you're leasing then they're ok.

Range is never what they say, and plugging in with the short range means you are plugging in DAILY which gets real old real fast.

A BEV with a 200mile+ range lets you get away with plugging in once a week or so which is fine, having to store the charging cable and plug/unplug every day on a phev sucks massive cocks.

Source: had a 330e phev for 2 years on a lease, ended up despising it.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The new Volvo's are nice but idk about electric/hybrid. I had a S60 T6 R design AWD lined up for $290/mo but the wife didn't want me to have a sedan due to car seat stroller and golf clubs or use premium gas.

I tried to argue getting it on price alone but Tacoma's are leasing for like $150 and Tundra Crewmax's for $240 so I backed off the cost argument.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Definitely check out the leasehackr forum. Not only do people share their deals and advice but there are brokers that will find you insane deals.

I used to always lease one and own one. Wife always wanted that feeling of owning, having it paid off and having something of value to sell or trade in for a down payment on the next. Realistically after running the numbers, it takes on average 8-9yrs for a financed car to end up giving me more money in my pocket than a lease. In that time I've leased 3-4 vehicles, 3/6/9 yr newer vehicles with 3/6/9 years newer technology and features and amenities and I've also left more money in my pocket each month to invest or do something else with.

It makes almost zero sense to own anymore unless you have milage limits. And in that case you can lease two cars for the price of owning one lol.
    Appreciate it. My lease is up in November so I will be on this for sure. Which subforum is for lease brokers and do they charge you or do they charge the dealership for finding you.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Appreciate it. My lease is up in November so I will be on this for sure. Which subforum is for lease brokers and do they charge you or do they charge the dealership for finding you.
    Marketplace has all the brokers, some charge a fee some don't and they vary. They will say if in their post. All fees are broken down it's really transparent. Like I said there's 60k cars for under $300/mo in some cases.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    phevs are shit.
    They are a half stop and are designed to increase maintenance costs in the long run ( great for your dealer profits ), if you're leasing then they're ok.

Range is never what they say, and plugging in with the short range means you are plugging in DAILY which gets real old real fast.

A BEV with a 200mile+ range lets you get away with plugging in once a week or so which is fine, having to store the charging cable and plug/unplug every day on a phev sucks massive cocks.

Source: had a 330e phev for 2 years on a lease, ended up despising it.
    I plugin my LEAF daily as it is.

If Volvo made a full electric version of the XC90 I'd be interested, but they don't. Regardless, it's the most beautiful vehicle on the road rn IMO.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ksandra, are you guys looking at leasing only? Also have you test driven any of the Tesla's especially the Model 3? The Model 3 is pretty great IMO, as I've had mine a little less than a year. I would definitely look to see what incentives your power company has in terms of setting up separate metering for your EV or a different Time of Use plan where it is cheaper to charge at night.

The biggest benefit of course is going to be the price for charging which is cheaper than gas. I use public chargers a lot along with free supercharging (only until August for me). For non superchargers the most I've paid was parking at Disneyland which was about $0.40/kW which was about the same cost/efficiency as a gallon of gas. Also parking at Disney with an EV grants you access to preferred parking for free which is on the 2nd Floor since that is where the chargers are. There is no guarantee though that there are spots available though as sometimes people will either ICE or unplug themselves and not move. Thankfully the chargers are ChargePoint and you can see the status on the app, but it won't help if someone is idling there. Also, one of the things I liked was when I went to Vegas for CES, I arrived at the hotel and the valet asked if I wanted my car charged topped off. So with destination chargers, it's almost like getting a free tank of gas wherever you stay.

Order a Model 3 extended range D:

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So we just couldn't justify the Tesla lease.

Instead we leased this:

In three years he can get buy a Tesla if he wants.

The more I look at this car, the more I'm in love with the color.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Good thing its just a lease because holy fuck that color is awful lol