+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I've never seen epic or legendary loot in the shops. Must be witchcraft.

I plan on getting the game, just not at launch.
    I don't beleive legendary gear in shops is possible, but I have seen epic gear.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

They haven't tested PS4 or PC, yet, but from what they have tested - PS5 > XSX > XSS > X1 - The PS5 can maintain a steady 60 FPS while the X & S flail between 60 & 45 and the X1 has a rough time. The X has the best resolution out of all of them, though.

If you're looking for some opinions from shlooter players;

Spoiler: show

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Played the demo, and I did kinda enjoy it in a Borderlands kind of way, unfortunately for me though the Demo was soured due to not being able to play for more than 5-10 minutes without a Crash, and always when opening my Menu/Inventory screen, I just eventually uninstalled it. I tried all the work around I found online too. Turned off V-Sync, limited FPS to under 60, ran as Administrator, updated my graphics drivers, reinstalled the game and confirmed integrity of files and so forth. On the up side, both my friends I played with had a better experience, one only crashed once and the other never crashed at all.

Edit: Patch isn't out yet actually I think? Hopefully it'll be out early this week according to the reddit post.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Patch went up yesterday. It was something like 4GB. They also re-added legendary drops to Gauss' chest.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If so, I wonder how much MS has to throw around to get third parties to launch on Game Pass. Come to it 6~ months after launch? Sure, I get it, prolly more a service to keep a game alive and in people's thoughts at that point. Launch on it though? That's got to be a hefty chunk of change.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Yeah probably. Assuming that this is actually what they are teasing then given the timing (people have already made preorders) I suspect that the reception to the demo has not been as favorable as they had hoped (SE notoriously has unrealistic expectations for units sold though) and so they saw the deal as a win. Also People Can Fly used to work on the Gears series, which may have provided a bit of an in for starting discussions, idk.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Patch went up yesterday. It was something like 4GB. They also re-added legendary drops to Gauss' chest.
    Haven't inventory crashed yet but literally the second mission I played I went to stick to cover and fell through the world.

Spoiler, theres no Autp-Detect or fix-plain for clipping through the floor. You just keep falling until you Alt F4 or leave the session. I left the Session and since I was host, it migrated host and soft-locked them both because it got stuck at 80% loading and they had to alt-f4.

This games coming out in two weeks huh?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

This does seem to be a multiplayer afterthought game. I teamed up with Serra a few days ago and that was a crapshoot in terms of stability. I read that a bug that they haven't been able to find a fix for is that matchmaking will randomly delete all of a player's gear.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Crashed in Lobby switching Story chapter for boss runs lol. Definitely not buying this one a launch, they got their work cut out for them.

I havent had any of those issues. Im on PC

I think the demo did well, Over 2 mil people downloaded and tried it

Also this is some borderlands Jakobs loot.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I havent had any of those issues. Im on PC
    Aye, I'm on PC as well, so lucky you... or unlucky me? Whatever the case, the game itself absolutely was enjoyable, I'll wait and watch for stability fixes or see if others have the issues at launch or if they've been fixed is all.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

https://twitter.com/XboxWire/status/1371476290377707525

Ok no need to buy this ever then. Can just play it on game pass instead.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Third party games do leave Game Pass sometimes, but since it's not a live service game it's definitely possible that you'll just be finished with the game by then, barring any expansion/dlc announcements.

Seems it's not on game pass pc

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Third party games do leave Game Pass sometimes, but since it's not a live service game it's definitely possible that you'll just be finished with the game by then, barring any expansion/dlc announcements.
    Finished? Endgame is supposed be similar to Diablo ranked, power cap goes forever.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Seems it's not on game pass pc
    Nope, only console and mobile (xCloud). Also the game doesn't have cross-save, so if you've put hours into the demo on PS4/5 or PC, you'll have to start over again on Xbox. If pre-order bonuses matter to anyone, it hasn't been confirmed, but it doesn't look like the gamepass version is getting any of that.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Finished? Endgame is supposed be similar to Diablo ranked, power cap goes forever.
    Right, but there's a finite amount of content which people will get tired of at varying rates. With no seasons to refresh anything, and no announced plans for expansions i think most people will reach a point where they feel 'finished'.

Im staying on steam

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Right, but there's a finite amount of content which people will get tired of at varying rates. With no seasons to refresh anything, and no announced plans for expansions i think most people will reach a point where they feel 'finished'.
    I doubt this game will end up being a one and done. The way everything is designed seems like its easy to add content. Im sure there will be some paid dlc. but for the most part as a stand alone there is hundreds of hours of fun to be had imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag