+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Beat the main campaign yesterday. It's... weird, but decent, and a lot longer than I expected.
    whats crazy is that I want more.. more story more fleshing out etc.

BTW everytime you finish hunts wanted or historian quests and turn in all 10 you get 100% legendaries, which you can reset and redo for legendaries every time. Hunts give armor every time btw for those looking to do sets. This is great for that casual grind thats not expeditions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Had my third crash to PSN. I was logging out of the game, but it's still not great.

I've had at least three boss battles where I've had to drop the world tier due to bullshit mechanics and area design. Also the PS4 version has noticeable input lag. Finding arenas are littered with foot traps due to our Riders lacking the ability to lift their feet. Funny thing is is that certain boss mobs (crawlers mostly) also get stuck on these. Alpha Perforo and Brood Mothers seems to ignore most environments altogether (one mother walked over a wall in a temple battle). I do find myself asking out loud "are these boss battles supposed to be considered fun?" Training a mob in a circle and popping off powers when they're up doesn't feel great. Can barely stop to shoot because most creatures and captains are right on you to burn you down. Raising of tiers gives mobs more sponge and damage output. I'm currently at tier 13 (of 15) and every encounter feels like an epic battle that is never on your side. I'm also off put that every ranged mob, gunner or venom creature, has 100% accuracy. Playing the Devastator class for my first clear and Reflect Bullets is in my loadout for every human encounter because I feel it's the only way to survive the hail of gunfire.

I've experienced similar things. Brood mothers are particularly bullshit with their armored skin, and every flying enemy sucks in general. Also has anyone else experienced damage is very inconsistent? It might be the weapon type but my legendary pump shotgun (The only one I've gotten so far) that I've been keeping max level on average does the same damage as my pistols even close range. It's 7k damage vs their 4k damage and I just don't understand. I'm finding my only consistent reliable damage output is pumping anomaly and using powers. Also agreed with enemy fire. I'm also running Devastator with some of the tank tree skills and I still usually feel like tissue paper. Had no bad connection symbol all night but it always feels like there is lagging playing multiplayer to some degree. Melee attacks hit you from far away, or animations are choppy. Don't experience this with anything else. It's a fun game but there is a lot I hope they improve.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    It might be the weapon type but my legendary pump shotgun (The only one I've gotten so far)
    If you haven't been keeping up with your world tiers, each level gives a weapon reward and every level past 10 gives a legendary. I've gotten a rifle (that I scrapped because it's damage was 8k under my epics), the auto shotgun that drops comets (doesn't work in covered spaces like caverns), and a submachine gun that slows on hits + drops lightning bolts on crits.

I didn't notice this until yesterday, but if you have two weapons of the same type in your loadout, they share the same ammo pool. I had two awesome tactical assault rifles, fireworks + slow & toxic + lightning, that I would swap between depending on mob type, but during a prolonged battle with creatures (commonly there are no ammo boxes in these encounters) I faced the reality that I had to depend on my handguns.

To get back to your main point, yes the handguns appear to be overpowered when compared to most other weapons. It's never explained, but maybe it's power level is for each gun. Like I currently have a 6.6k handgun equipped, but maybe it's actual power level is 13k+.

The rest of my current loadout;
    Spoiler: show

Something I've noticed when raising a gear's level is that it has a power cap that is below gear that is currently dropping. So when raising the level (which gets stupid expensive) of gear brings it to just enough, but never better than what you can get in the loot pool.

Hmm good to know thank you. We just hit world tier 10 last night so another good tip thank you.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    BTW everytime you finish hunts wanted or historian quests and turn in all 10 you get 100% legendaries, which you can reset and redo for legendaries every time. Hunts give armor every time btw for those looking to do sets. This is great for that casual grind thats not expeditions.
    To add to this. If you drop your world tier to complete an activity, all quest rewards will be set at that tier level until you do another activity at the higher tier. So, some of these targets are BS hard when solo where dropping the tier seems like the only reasonable way to win. Afterwards, I suggest going back to Rift Town and running "A Bad Day" (because it's quick and easy) before going back to turn in a quest for a reward.

Edit: This is what I got for completing the Wanted targets

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I don't know how other platforms handle the final encounter in the Outrider's Legacy questline, but I fought most of that battle at 0 FPS. It was rough.

I just did that one on PC. Wasn't quite that bad; no worse than normal. Normal however in the context of this game is pretty choppy and/or laggy so there's that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://store.steampowered.com/news/...29758330646650

Dev update and details on next week's patch (mostly crash fixes)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

This was nerfed in today's server maintence.

Historian, bounty hunt, and monster hunt quests no longer grant Legendary items for each subsequent completion
    • While rewarding players for completing all the Historian, bounty hunt, and monster hunt quests is still our intention, we did observe unintended results when players repeated this activity in combination with a specific multiplayer bug.
    • With this rewards adjustment we want to eliminate this exploit behaviour while still making that quest line worth the effort.
    • Players who took advantage of this exploit will not be punished.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Actually a lot of nerfs balance today.

Spoiler: show
    • Adjusted loot on specific enemies: Tooka Beast, Splittooth, Sandshifter and Coldclaw
      • These particular beasts are being too generous considering the required effort to take them down.

• Chem Plant - Expedition time for Gold/Silver/Bronze adjusted to 650 / 1150 / 1500 seconds (Previously: 957 / 1303 / 1650)
    • Boom Town - Expedition time for Gold/Silver/Bronze adjusted to 390 / 589 / 776 seconds (Previously: 422 / 607 / 792)
      • Some Expeditions seem to be too generous in their required completion times when compared to others.
      • We want to avoid such disproportionate discrepancies, as we believe making all expeditions viable leads to a more diverse and thus more interesting endgame.

• Crit Rating Damage Multiplier on Tactical Assault Rifle reduced to 165% (Previously: 175%)
    • Critical Rating Damage Multiplier on Marksman Rifle reduced to 250% (Previously: 300%)
      • Marksman Rifles with a 300% crit rate showed up to be dominating multiple crit builds. By making the modifier the same as for a Bolt Action Rifle, we want to offer players more options when choosing what gun to use.

• Duration of the Massacre AP buff has been reduced to 3 seconds
      • This is a temporary measure until we have fixed an issue with the stacking cap.

• Bullet abilities
      (Twisted Rounds, Blighted Rounds and Volcanic Rounds):
      • While we fully intend to provide the overpowered feel for the best builds out there, we are also committed to making sure that there is build diversity in the top performing builds.
      • Late in the demo lifecycle, we discovered a bug with regards to the bullet augmentation abilities damage calculation formula. While we fixed this bug, some unforeseen imbalances were unfortunately introduced, which has led to bullet based abilities vastly outperforming other skills. The main problem with this is that such bullet based builds require much less investment to make them "top tier", compared to other builds.
      • To achieve this, we have made a couple of adjustments for the Trickster and Technomancer classes, who benefit the most from their bullet abilities power. It's uncertain as to whether these changes will prove too strong or too weak, so please do consider this to be only the first step, as we will continue monitoring and adjusting them in the future. Just like you, we hope to see more inspiring and crazy combinations of Abilities and Mods!

• The base cooldown of the Twisted Rounds skill has increased to 25 seconds (Previously: 16 seconds)
      • While infinite uptime on bullets abilities was always our intention, it is intended to be high risk, high reward playstyle. However, given the current power of this skill, there is very little risk involved in this ability given its short cooldown, even when players fail to trigger ammo replenishment. Increasing its cooldown in combination with adjusting its damage should increase that risk and make this playstyle a more thrilling experience.

• The Trickster's Hero Tree nodes: - Disruptive Firepower, Scion of Power, Outrider Executioner - have had their power reduced to 35% (Previously: 50%)
      • The combination of Twisted Rounds' increase of firepower on top of the multipliers provided by the class tree lead to huge increases of damage dealt by this ability. While we do understand the satisfaction this kind of power can bring, it is currently vastly outperforming our wildest expectations and we therefore need to bring it down a notch.

• "Vulnerable" status - Power reduced to 15% (Previously: 25%)
    • The Technomancer Hero Tree node -"Damage Against Poison" - has had its power reduced to 15% (Previously: 30%)
      • While the Technomancer's Blighted Rounds do not provide any damage increase on their own other than ignoring armor as Anomaly Damage, they do provide an excellent tool for spreading the Vulnerable and Toxic statuses. which in turn can scale out of proportion.

• The Pyromancer Hero Tree Node - "Trial of Ashes" - has been reduced 15% extra damage (Previously: 30%)

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Yeah, it's a bit early to be all doom and gloom but I'm not a fan of the game design philosophy that balance means nerfing the good build instead of buffing the underperformers

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Yeah, it's a bit early to be all doom and gloom but I'm not a fan of the game design philosophy that balance means nerfing the good build instead of buffing the underperformers
    They were over performing honestly. Those builds were too easy to get the kind of dmg they were doing without invenstment. Just saying.

Yeah a little disappointed all they did is weaken strong stuff and didn't buff the weak stuff. As the tank class fully invested in the tank tree I very rarely feel tanky. Only thing that helped was switching to bottom tree and going full bleed build for health regen.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I agree with Qalbert. With Trickster and Technomancer being the top two most played roles in the game, I don't think nerfing abilities makes anyone happy*. Make other stuff more attractive. Don't make everything equally shitty

*subnote: I have only played technomancer and am only referring to the technomancer nerfs in 6souls quoted message from 12:21.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I am sad that Devastator got no buffs as that is what I decided to focus on first. Rocking up still makes me feel like ninja-paper thin. But on the other hand, I am playing on the hardest difficulty all of the time (all the popular streamers say this is the worst way to play the game until you hit cap).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

If you don't care about spoilers, there is a collectables map up - https://mapgenie.io/outriders/maps/world

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They were over performing honestly. Those builds were too easy to get the kind of dmg they were doing without invenstment. Just saying.
    Yeah man, can't have anyone building their characters around shooting guns to do damage or anything, that would be insane. Especially if survivability for Technomancer specifically comes down to shoot nonstop or immediately die.

This sentiment on Reddit is driving me crazy. The people putting up huge numbers in expeditions are geared to the gills, and literally all of the classes are capable of massive numbers with proper gearing/playstyle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag