+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

i would definitely not worry about trying to squeeze an extra couple yards out of short irons for a long time, probably never if you are gonna just hang out on the weekend occasionally. let your nuts hang with the driver from time to time but short irons are for precision

I like to eat food
    BG Level

So that friend I mentioned said he has a friend that started a few years ago that just upgraded his irons and is selling his old ones for $100. He believes their Rocketballz. I know that Rocketbladez are a no-go, but are the Rocketballz different?

Reviews when they came out in 2012 say they're a good game improvement set for average mid to high handicap players. Want to make sure I'm not getting into something over my head.

if they are game improvement then they definitely arent blades. i'd go for it, game improvement irons are what you should be looking for and you cant beat 100 bucks for a mostly full set

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Cool. He's getting some more info for me so we'll see what happens.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

So they're RocketBladez, not RocketBallz. Was concerned because of the "blade" name, but they aren't actually blades it's just a name. They're still game improvement irons according to every website I can find so I think I'll go with it.

It's a set from 3 to PW, he'll give me two Top Flites he wants to get rid of as well. $100

sounds like a great deal for a starter set. if the 3 iron doesnt look like a hybrid (hybrids generally look like half fairway wood/half iron) take it out of your bag and grab a cheap hybrid graphite shafted 3 iron. dunno if they even make steel shafted hybrids but still, advice stands

I like to eat food
    BG Level

The 3 is a regular iron, so I'll look for a hybrid. My friend also mentioned a rescue club, but it seems like that's basically what the 3 hybrid would be as well? Would that serve as a replacement for a 5 wood or is that completely different?

The remainder of my list now is:
    Driver
    5 Wood?
    3 Hybrid
    Putter
    Bag
    Shoes

Any recommendations on shoes? I never wore a pair when I was younger. I see some spiked adidas with the boost mid sole on sale and I know how comfortable boosts are, but they are not the most attractive shoe. I also see people mention the Puma Ignites and Footjoy, but not a specific Footjoy shoe. Those are both spikeless and can get a reasonable deal on the Pumas, about $70.

i am not a golf style guy, i generally golf in a cutoff t, gym shorts and tennis shoes. shoes arent really that big a deal, like the putter, i prefer to go with whatever makes the most pleasing line to your eye (lining up shots, putts, etc). 5 wood is gonna be probably 10-15 yards longer than a 3 hybrid, so you'd probably have no issue going without a 5 wood proper for a long time.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I grabbed a pair of Puma spikeless shoes that were on sale and people on reddit recommended. I also grabbed a Callaway bag that was a previous season's that was on sale and got an extra 20% off on top. My wife asked if I'm allowed to put Taylor clubs in a Callaway bag, which is funny because that is definitely an argument to be had.

Going to try to get over to a Dick's tonight or tomorrow to test out a few putters and try on some gloves. May pick up the Rocketballz Stage 2 hybrid and driver that are for sale on CPO because it's almost, kinda a set with the irons.

My wife was surprised there was so much associated with golf. After I said our friend got me the deal on the irons, but I needed to get a bag, putter, driver, maybe shoes, tees, balls, glove she looked at me like I had four heads.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Definitely roll with hybrids.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Really happy with the condition of these clubs. They have grass and dirt marks, but barely any blemishes from striking a ball. He also gave me a TopFlite 5W, a TopFlite SW, and a Big Bertha 815 Alpha driver for free. All I need to pick up is a putter and a hybrid. Bought a bag and shoes. This is the 5 iron. They are all similar or better condition compared to this.

Spoiler: show

as long as there arent any dings on the shaft should be good to go. now hit the damn things

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Not going to happen today, but going to try to go to the nearby range this week.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Ended up picking up foam practice balls at Dick's when I went to try out putters, get some balls, tees, and a glove. Lost one, think it went in the creek, but otherwise did better than I thought I would once I got a couple swings in. Problem was I kept making the divot in the yard bigger and bigger. By the time I was done it was at least 2-3" deeper than the grass around it. Kept topping the ball and had to readjust.

Bought a 3'x5' turf mat to throw down instead because that was definitely not a good way to practice. Continuing to readjust my swing to go deeper and deeper each time is going to throw me off, especially when I can tell I was topping the ball.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I think you need to do a comprehensive research and R & D on it to know the best possible channces of buyning the Golf club that most suited you...

User was infracted for this post.