I'm at like 20 hours in and just realized the horse can double jump

Just fyi for anyone else

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I finally found a secret path.

But it's clear as day and part of the normal dungeon path, but they do exist.

Edit : there's actually a few in that dungeon, so if you hit a dungeon where there doesn't seem to be a boss, go secret wall hunting

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    randomly stumbled on this gigantic underground place in mistwood, it looks fuckin incredible
    something like sofia river? found that place yesterday too, looks awesome but after exploring a bit and getting one shot by magic orb things decided i shouldn’t be there

spent most of today riding my horse along as much of the map as possible collecting map fragments and random items, one area had giant dogs in the shape of t-rexes, holy nope

yeah its sofia river
    edit: siofra

some of the spots in siofra with the archers fuckin suuucked but we got it done boys

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

These legacy dungeons are sprawling. Typical souls style of having more places to go than I can remember. Whoever was complaining about that earlier can rest easy knowing that from soft hasn't forgotten how to design a level

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Ill give that to the game alright. I was approaching what I thought was the edge of the map, the mountains that kept me in the sandbox, but then I went thru a valley and came out into another map just as big as the first and welp, it's true this game is fucking huge.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    some of the spots in siofra with the archers fuckin suuucked but we got it done boys
    just finished this area also

very mad none of the dudes dropped their horns the whole time i was here. got the rest of their armor but only wanted the horns :/

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Where exactly are you supposed to go after Raya Lucaria?

Seems like a massive spike in enemy levels after you leave Limgrave/Weeping Penninsula/Liurnia outside of the underground areas

It's implied that you need to reactive the lift to go to Leyndell but Calied is such a large spike in enemy health/damage after Liurnia that seems wrong.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Where exactly are you supposed to go after Raya Lucaria?

Seems like a massive spike in enemy levels after you leave Limgrave/Weeping Penninsula/Liurnia outside of the underground areas

It's implied that you need to reactive the lift to go to Leyndell but Calied is such a large spike in enemy health/damage after Liurnia that seems wrong.
    it took me forever to find a glintstone key, finally found it like an hour ago then took a break. game is pretty eh about telling you where to go

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did you not see the corpse sitting at the front gate of the academy? He has a map that tells you directly where to go to find the key

As far as I can tell after doing Raya Lucaria the intended path is

Spoiler: show
    Caria Manor to the north a bit, Siofra River until you get deadended, then talking a couple NPCs points you to fight the Lord of Caelid. That fight is an incredibly cool concept for the soulsborne style of game, but good lord does it suck, feels like i'll need to grind for awhile before attempting it cause fucker just hits way too fucking hard

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Did you not see the corpse sitting at the front gate of the academy? He has a map that tells you directly where to go to find the key

As far as I can tell after doing Raya Lucaria the intended path is

Caria Manor to the north a bit, Siofra River until you get deadended, then talking a couple NPCs points you to fight the Lord of Caelid. That fight is an incredibly cool concept for the soulsborne style of game, but good lord does it suck, feels like i'll need to grind for awhile before attempting it cause fucker just hits way too fucking hard
    oh man

yeah i had that map and forgot about it. welp.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just finished clearing Stormvail. Man.

i went to caelid after stormveil, havent cleared caelid yet but it is definitely rough. spooky lookin monsters too

also i think maybe doing zones out of order, IE caelid before liurnia might change some boss encounters? i know the elden ring wiki is a work in progress but im at redmane castle and they have the boss as being
    radahn
    but i got a misbegotten troll asshole and a crucible knight that joins him about a minute into the fight. those two arent mentioned anywhere in the wiki so i dunno

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Just made my character going to start playing for the first time.

Should I go vanguard or Astro or what is the other one with a c, conjurer? Never really gave a soul's game a chance and I might try streaming to my shield TV meaning there could be a little bit of latency. Makes me think ranged might be better but I understand if you don't know where spells are or can't find them casters can suck.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Just made my character going to start playing for the first time.

Should I go vanguard or Astro or what is the other one with a c, conjurer? Never really gave a soul's game a chance and I might try streaming to my shield TV meaning there could be a little bit of latency. Makes me think ranged might be better but I understand if you don't know where spells are or can't find them casters can suck.
    Only affects what you start with, you can skill into anything you want.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Starting stats only affect your early strengths, but you also get useful starting gear for that role. Honestly it doesn't matter tho cause you're gonna want to find some exp farm trick to grind instead of wasting time with the small fry, and it has the added benefit of getting you upgrades to flasks quicker too along the way.

What level are y'all when attempting stormveil? I'm in the mid 30s and I feel like it's still not enough. Maybe I need to jump more...

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The boss at the entrance is probably recommended at a level of like 20-25, but the rest of the area I'd say is like mid 30s

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Wow finally learned what the red box debuff is and fuck that hoe

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag