Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Elden Ring (PC/PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1) - George R. R. Martin x Hidetaka Miyazaki - Feb 25, 2022

Elden Ring, developed by FromSoftware and Bandai Namco Entertainment, is a fantasy action-RPG adventure set within a world created by Hidetaka Miyazaki,creator of the influential Dark Souls video game series, and George R.R. Martin, author of The New York Times best-selling fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire.

Danger and discovery lurk around every corner in FromSoftware’s largest game to-date.

• Hidetaka Miyazaki, President and Game Director of FromSoftware, known for directing critically-acclaimed games in beloved franchises including Armored Core, Dark Souls, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

• George R.R. Martin is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many novels, including the acclaimed series A Song of Ice and Fire - A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast For Crows, and A Dance with Dragons. As a writer-producer, he has worked on The Twilight Zone, Beauty and the Beast, and various feature films and pilots that were never made.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FromSoft Hype!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm all aboard the hype train

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

They've done a whole lotta hyping for a game they showed nothing about lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Theoretically sounds like a good idea, in practice I think it'll be a mess. Still, I like both these people and their work, so super curious how this pans out.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I'm all aboard the hype train
    CHOO CHOO motherfucker

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    They've done a whole lotta hyping for a game they showed nothing about lol

I love everything FromSoft makes, but yeah I agree with this. Hard to be hype for something they showed nothing about

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Personally the only fluke FromSoft had was Dark Souls 2 and Miyazaki wasn't involved at all so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm sure this is gonna be a great game, but theres just no game here to announce lol. As I've gotten older I've had less patience for game announcements that dont really say anything. They're clearly trying to cash in off GoT hype with GRRM, but this timing just feels weak.

BG Level

maybe they're just fans of his writing and wanted to work with him ya cynical cunt

but thirded on the choos Miyazaki is what 6/6 this decade and Martin is adept at the old lore and world building, can't wait to see more.

Spoiler: show

but finish Winds of Winter ya fat fookin cunt

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Youd think fromsoftware would be concerned that GRRM loses interests in his projects half way through and leaves them for Instagram events

BG Level

eat it, salo

After a one-on-one conversation between Martin and Miyazaki, the author agreed to consult on Elden Ring. Their collaboration began with Miyazaki sharing the themes and ideas he had for the game. Martin used their conversations as "a base to write the overarching mythos for the game world itself," Miyazaki described. "This mythos proved to be full of interesting characters and drama, along with a plethora of mystical and mysterious elements as well. Even I myself find it hard to contain my excitement from time to time."

Miyazaki described himself as a big fan of Martin's work. He has the deep cuts to back it up. "I loved A Song of Ice and Fire as well as the Tuf Voyaging series, however, if I had to pick a favorite I would probably say Fevre Dream," Miyazaki said. "I personally see Fevre Dream as a masterpiece among vampire fantasy and had even previously recommended it to all new employees."
    https://www.newsweek.com/elden-ring-...yazaki-1443435

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Well at least the guy is passionate about his source material

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Miyazaki described himself as a big fan of Martin's work. He has the deep cuts to back it up. "I loved A Song of Ice and Fire as well as the Tuf Voyaging series, however, if I had to pick a favorite I would probably say Fevre Dream," Miyazaki said. "I personally see Fevre Dream as a masterpiece among vampire fantasy and had even previously recommended it to all new employees."
    Wow there are other ppl on the planet who have read Tuf Voyaging and Fevre Dream? Armageddon Rag is good too. Tuf Voyaging #1

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

Spoiler: show
    Leading interactive entertainment media developer and publisher Bandai Namco Entertainment America today announced Elden Ring, an expansive fantasy Action-RPG game developed by FromSoftware, Inc. under the direction of Hidetaka Miyazaki for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, and PC.

Unparalleled adventure awaits in Elden Ring, the next epic fantasy title created by FromSoftware and Bandai Namco Entertainment. Elden Ring is FromSoftware’s largest game to-date and is set in a sprawling realm steeped in a rich and bloody history crafted by Hidetaka Miyazaki – creator of the influential and critically acclaimed Dark Souls video game series; and George R.R. Martin – author of The New York Times best-selling fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire.

“Collaborating with George R.R. Martin to create the Elden Ring mythos has been a genuinely delightful experience and a source of wonderful inspiration. The team is working hard to ensure that the world of Elden Ring will be a fascinating place for players to explore, filled with peril and wonder from its furthest reaches to its lowest depths. This is a FromSoftware title through and through, rich in fantasy and RPG action. We sincerely hope you look forward to it.” Said Hidetaka Miyazaki, President of FromSoftware, Inc. and Game Director for Elden Ring.

“Building the world of with Miyazaki-san and his team was a treat! The graphics, mythos, and action-RPG gameplay will deliver an unforgettable experience. I can’t wait for people to see what Elden Ring has in store for them.” Said George R.R. Martin.

“Elden Ring brings together two incredible masters of their respective crafts,” said Chris Gilbert Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. “FromSoftware’s talented development team, alongside Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin’s gift of world building and story crafting come together into a truly unique gaming experience.”
    https://www.eldenring.com/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries