Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Game releases on 9/28 for PC, IOS, Android. PS4 at a later date: https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/st...66185233186816

Pre-registration is live, with 3 million end goal for release bonuses, and some for following on YouTube and FaceBook, though those seem to cap at a couple hundred k atm.

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/pre-register/#/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Genshin Impact Livestream Summary

Spoiler: show

------------

Free 20 Pulls on standard banner. (Including prereg pulls i believe)

Free Glider skin for launch.

First Top-Up gives double the primogems.

Free Xiangling from clearing Abyss 3-5.

Noelle Starter Banner at 20% discount. (8 Fates for 10 Pulls. Max 20 Pulls). Guaranteed Noelle in first 10.

Travel Preparation Event on 10th Sept. Free 4* Weapon/Artifact.

Free 4* Artifact after chapter 4.

Free 4* Weapon at AR10.

New Photo/Screenshot Settings System.

New Achievement System. (Additional Source of one-time Primogems)

New Profile Cards. (Something like a Title/Profile Banner Cosmetic System)

New PV.

New Zone? or Zone revamp.New Quests.Glider Skin System. (Costume system to come)

Freeplay Mode (You can test out characters before you pull them on gacha)

New Characters, all 5*

https://i.redd.it/dpaifhm0kqj51.png

- Qiqi (Cryo)

- Sucrose (Anemo)

- Keqing (Lightning)

- Mona (Hydro)

Characters now have a dive attack.

New Enemy Types.

- Cryogunner Legionnaire

- Pyroslinger Bracer

- Electrohammer Vanguard

- Whopperflower (Pyro/Cryo)

- Geovishap Hatchling

- Cryo Regisvine (Boss?)

Behind the Scenes Video: Shows some interesting tech information.

PS4 Exclusive content:

The game world is about 18.5 SQ Miles, at launch, with 3/7 planned cities implemented. No loading zones in the main world; just into specific dungeons and such. The game is already stunningly gorgeous, so having a planned upgrade, for characters and zone models, is kinda nuts. You can per-order a package, on PS4, but it's just some supplies, so not really worth it unless you feel like it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It’s cross play so if you buy the ps4 stuff you can then play it on PC?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

PS4 accounts are separate saves, from PC/Phone accounts, and while they haven't specifically addressed it, would seem to indicate you won't be able to use PS4 items, on your PC accounts, even though they are both under your Mihoyo account.

2 million pre-regs hit so far, and still climbing well, so hitting the 3 million mark looks very doable right now. If those are added to the above rolls, that's 30 free rolls to start.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is there a "need" to do rerolls like other gacha games if you want good/meta units?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Not really, and if they keep the starting sequence the same, it takes some 15 minutes to get to where they let you summon stuff; longer if you explore around the world first. The characters the game makes available, via story and one achievement, give you most everything you'll need to run around the world and do everything but the further levels of Abyss, which will require 2 parties of 4 characters (Solo only). Of course, 5* characters and weapons are measurably stronger, but there's no PvP, and you can party up if something is too strong for you to handle, so it's less about meta and more about characters you like, though it takes a ton of currency to guarantee the 5* on a given banner.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

"Get Ready for the Road" campaign has officially started, where you can get some 4* weapons/accessories, to start out with.

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/5353

Hey there, Travelers~

Paimon's "Get Ready for the Road" event has officially begun! (。・∀・)ノ
    You can obtain 4-star weapons and rare artifacts by participating~!
    Let's get ready for our adventure in Teyvat!

Duration
    From now until October 10

Rules
    1. The first time you log in on the event page, you will obtain one try to turn over the squares on a card.
    2. You can obtain more tries by completing daily tasks.
    3. Each try allows you to turn over all 9 squares on a card, for which you are guaranteed to win 1 prize.

Luck Score
    1. You will receive 1 luck point for every prize you win. The maximum luck score you can reach is 25.
    2. When you reach a luck score of 25, you will "luck out." When you are lucked out, you are guaranteed to win a class A prize on your next try.
    3. After you have won a class A prize while lucked out, the lucked out status will disappear and your luck score will be reset. You will then start accumulating luck points from zero once more.

Best things to get are either the 4* Claymore + the Gladiator's Destiny, or Gladiator's Destiny + Gladiator's Nostalgia + another 3* artifact, as the 2 piece gladiator set gives a 20% boost to ATK. Every 25 rolls (got 9 attempts day one) get you an A rank prize, so at the least, everyone is likely getting the weapons, even if one is easily craftable in game.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Something to show everyone, what the engine is capable of:

https://youtu.be/fuoGQ8t1QZc?t=428

Most of the video is meme stuff, but the part I start it at shows you the type of stuff you can do in game. I'd do the normal BG linking, so you could run in the window, but it doesn't seem to let you do it at a specific video time stamp.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's dope

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    "Get Ready for the Road" campaign has officially started, where you can get some 4* weapons/accessories, to start out with.

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/5353

Best things to get are either the 4* Claymore + the Gladiator's Destiny, or Gladiator's Destiny + Gladiator's Nostalgia + another 3* artifact, as the 2 piece gladiator set gives a 20% boost to ATK. Every 25 rolls (got 9 attempts day one) get you an A rank prize, so at the least, everyone is likely getting the weapons, even if one is easily craftable in game.
    ~59 pulls later, I finally got the Gladiator's Destiny (already had 2x Prototype Animus, Prototype Malice & Gladiator's Nostalgia).

Of the options you listed above, which would you say would be the best route to take? The set bonus you mention sounds nice, but I have no idea how good the prototype weapons are. For 3* items to go with the armor set, I'm only missing the Greatsword and the Bow.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

I know the prototype gs was good for q character like Barbara who wants both att and def.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    ~59 pulls later, I finally got the Gladiator's Destiny (already had 2x Prototype Animus, Prototype Malice & Gladiator's Nostalgia).

Of the options you listed above, which would you say would be the best route to take? The set bonus you mention sounds nice, but I have no idea how good the prototype weapons are. For 3* items to go with the armor set, I'm only missing the Greatsword and the Bow.
    I've actually learned that, by and large, elemental mastery is much better than raw attack, unless a character (Jean) specifically scales off of it, as the bulk of combat resolves around swapping characters out to do elemental combos with their special and ultimate attacks. This makes the blue four * set actually the top pick, but I've seen zero of them, while I have two sets of the 4* red sets. Both of the accessory sets are readily available as three star drops in the game, so I suppose it doesn't matter all that much. As for the weapons, neither are particularly special, but the Claymore can't be crafted, and is a good weapon for Noel to use, which is someone you'll get from the discounted starter banner.

As for Barbara, she does negligible damage, but is great at burst healing; I believe she scales off of HP, but you've very little use for her outside of co-op, where you can't stuff your face with food healing, later Abyss floors, or some of the Level 5 World weekly bosses, as those start to get crazy. Her real issue is that her skills give you the water/wet status, and if so much as a pixel of Ice damage or environment touches you, you get frozen.

In general news:

• We're getting some 30+ free pulls, between the standard/beginner banner gems and 1600 primo currency at AR 7
    • There are two types of gems to use for pulling, both bought with the primo currency. Rate up banners use one gem, while the Standard banner uses the other, so make sure you grab the right one, if you want a Rate Up banner, like Venti's.
    • Monthly card is $5 and gets you almost $50 bucks worth of crystals every month, from daily login rewards.
    • Battle Pass is $10 bucks, and gives you rewards for hitting adventure ranks, and there's some good stuff in there, worth the money.
    • Venti banner (the guy shown in the clip above, shooting the arrows) should also either be available at launch, or shortly there after.
    • Game goes up for preload this weekend, and I recommend starting sooner, rather than later, as their downloaded seems to cap at 1 meg download speeds.
    • Servers officially launch at 7PST Sunday, however, they were up an hour early, on the Chinese Beta, so I'll be monitoring it there.
    • I've seen zero server issues, and the Chinese player base is some 3x Global's, so I don't expect any server issues at launch.

The beginner banner is a good value, as it's 20% off, guarantees Noel, and has the Standard banner 5*s in it. No weapons though. After that, I believe trying to go for Venti is a good start as he's very OP, if you get him, with his ultimate pulling a wide area of enemies into a bunched up group, and spreading whatever other elements are around, to all the enemies, resulting in massive chains of elemental reaction damages. He also can create an upstream of air, which makes exploring a lot less stamina intensive. Combined with the 4* Battle Pass bow you can chose, which has a 50% chance to create similar cyclones, as his ult, he's hard to not recommend.

*Warning about Re-rolling*

Re-rolling is possible, but takes some 20+ minutes, and Mihoyo has already banned many accounts, which they suspect were bought accounts. There's no appeal process either, so even if you re-roll and use it, if they think you did it to sell the other accounts, they'll drop a ban on all of them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Pre-download is live: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/

GD, Free Barbara if you get rank 20 before 1.1 released, which is really easy.

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/st...04248028848128

That makes the following, practically free:

• MC - Wind & Geo (Default)
    • Fire - Amber (Story)
    • Kaya - Ice (Story)
    • Lisa - Lightning (Story)
    • Geo - Noelle (8 pulls on Starter Banner)
    • Water - Barbara (AR Rank 20)
    • Xing Ling - Fire (Level 4 Abyss Spiral)

Also, something to keep in mind is if you first log into your PC account, you can purchase primo gems on both PC or andriod/iphone. If you log in on PS4 or android/iphone first, then you can only buy primo gems on that platform.

For the pre register and "get ready for the road", does it have to be the same email as your PSN?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is this a fun and decently good open world action-RPG? Should I be worried about the Chinese government stealing all my information via my playstation?

It looks fun, but outside of this thread, I've barely heard about this game

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just realized that the Get Ready for the Road event doesn't include PS4. So I've been doing this for nothing unless I want to play on 2 platforms.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Is this a fun and decently good open world action-RPG? Should I be worried about the Chinese government stealing all my information via my playstation?

It looks fun, but outside of this thread, I've barely heard about this game
    Game looks fun but it honestly depends on how heavy the gatcha aspect is. I think there is a different premium currency for limited characters vs the other gatcha banner which is a red flag for me. I have peresonally had hard times getting into gatcha games that have characters and weapon/armor tied to the gatcha, which I think this game also does.

Having said that, it doesn't have PvP so that is a plus to me and the combat looks enjoyable. Also seems like a BotW clone so it will depend on how often the world is updated and what is added overtime for me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PS4 pre-load begins at 1 PM Et