Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Genshin Impact (PC/iOS) - Open-World Action RPG

Developed by miHoYo (Honkai Impact)
    Welcome, travelers, I know the world of Teyvat has been quiet lately, and you might be curious about what is going on behind the veil... I think it's time for you to step further...

We are thrilled to officially announce our brand new game, Genshin Impact, an open world action RPG, is coming soon, and here you will find out what new adventure we at miHoYo are busy cooking up, learn about new allies and adversaries, and step into a brave new landscape awaiting your exploration.

In the coming months we will be unveiling Genshin Impact, showcasing the world we have been busy building over the year, brand new gameplay systems that maintains the high standard miHoYo is known for, new friends to make, new enemies to vanquish, and ultimately, new loot to showcase your prowess.

We are excited to announce that Genshin Impact's Close Beta will be coming to iOS and PC soon, and sign up is available right now! We will have more information regarding testing schedule, specs and device requirements in the near future.

The past year has been tremendously important for everyone here at miHoYo, thanks to you, players across the globe and the awesome community we are so grateful to have around our games. And we can't wait to show you what is in the works.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get up to speed on latest news and goodies. In the meantime, the Genshin Impact manga is still going strong at Crunchyroll with Episode 5 just released!

So onward, traveler, Paimon is waiting!
    https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/458
    https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en
    https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/questi...iz=hk4e_global - Beta Pre-Reg

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Mihoyo also makes Honkai Impact 3rd, which is an action brawler game, on mobile, that actually has a lot of varied event content, besides just brawler stages. Controls are surprisingly tight on a controller, if playing on PC emulator, and it looks like they've added that action combat into this game, as well as their cell shaded look in graphics. Can't recall, but this seems like the first Chinese MMO to actually gain some global attention, though I can't image it becoming a hit outside China. Still interested to see what they accomplish, as Honkai has some top tier JP VA in the Japanese version, and they are constantly adding new content and rapidly bringing up global/SEA to Chinese server's content plus going to Cons over here and promoting in Japan.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

BotW with a story, count me in

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I got into the beta. It's basically BotW mixed with Tales, Xenoblade, and various action games. Lots of mixed together systems here, and it feels great to play. Can't wait to try it on mobile.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wait, so is this gacha crap or a legit game?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Legit game, so far. No gacha rolling or even a cash shop available in the beta, though that might be an interesting take on it. No idea if that's planned though I'm sure a cash shop will be; very big Breath of the Wild presentation in terms of the graphics, which are crisp, HD, and it's physics engine. Burn grass, and float up/gliding with your outfit capes, kill a camp for a chest, cooking is an identical presentation, and other mechanics directly taken, which I can see a lot of people getting pissed over, but we'll see. Story is nothing like BoTW though, from what I've seen.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Story is nothing like BotW insofar as this game actually has a story. The dungeons are also quite interesting and I assume that's where the co-op will eventually go (there are major mechanics that are clearly built for it).

The elemental combo system makes combat so much better than any other game like this honestly.

It also fixes my main problem with BotW: exploring gives you a currency that has meaningful rewards attached to it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I’m slowly dipping my toes into the beta as well, maybe have only put in about an hour?
    In route to the first town/city, I am enjoying it a whole lot though.

BG's favorite asshole
    I have a fairly serious medical question to ask, if I dont ask it, please ban me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lame

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post

Lame

Time to invest in that superior Android technology.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The dungeons are also quite interesting and I assume that's where the co-op will eventually go (there are major mechanics that are clearly built for it).
    Their matchmaking and co-op stability is shit, in HI3, so that's the one area I'm concerned with.

*edit*
    Here's a shot from the top of the zone area called Draonspine, looking north; you can bypass the barrier they put up by swapping characters and dashing repeatedly to avoid the NPC redirecting you back to the playable area. That's all explorable, and it's somehow gonna be on mobile.
    Spoiler: show

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag