Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

That is only $100 over after tax. Not bad

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That was my logic as well. After tax it’s not horrible I guess. Going to try to sell the Xbox one X now to recover that difference and hopefully get some accessories.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://twitter.com/majornelson/stat...01083795849217
    limit one per customer unfortunately

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

There's easily 5 games on there I'll play. I almost bought Control now I'm glad I waited. Screwed up on Doom though, picked it up cheap but haven't even played it yet. I had a good time with Slime Rancher... I'd recommend it for anyone who wants something a little more relaxing and fun.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Gamepass remains the best deal in gaming

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

This is a yikes from me because it's blatantly being done to push people to Game Pass Ultimate.
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/...-gold-pricing/
    If you’re an existing online 12-month or 6-month Xbox Live Gold member, there’s no price change. If you choose to renew your membership, it will renew at the current price.
    The price of a 1-month Gold membership is increasing $1 USD and the price of a 3-month membership is increasing $5 USD or the equivalent amount in your local market.
    If you’d like to upgrade your Gold membership to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate your remaining Gold time will also convert directly to Ultimate (up to 36 months). For example, if you have 11 months of Xbox Live Gold now, and you upgrade to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, those 11 months convert to 11 months of Ultimate at no additional cost.

Members have already been notified in some regions. If you’re in a region where prices are being adjusted, you will receive an email and a message center notification over the next month letting you know what the new pricing is for your membership. Going forward, new pricing will be 1-month for $10.99, 3-months for $29.99, and 6-months for $59.99, or your local market equivalent. You can always visit your account to manage your membership, and prices won’t adjust until at least 45 days after you receive the messages.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So a year of xbox gold is $120 now? Yeah I guess I'm unsubbing to xbox finally. Time to dump my xbonex

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's probably a response to everyone using the Gold to GPU upgrade trick.

I used that when i got the series X so I only ended up paying something like 150 for 3 years of GPU

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think I renewed in December. From what I gather, if I upgrade to GPU now I should theoretically get another 10ish months of GPU at no extra cost right? And then I can cancel and still keep the GPU access til it expires. I guess it's to reel people in and keep them.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you don't currently have Game Pass it costs 1 buck to upgrade however much Gold you have to Game Pass Ultimate.

I let my PC Game Pass expire right before I got the Series X and bought some discount Gold cards, applied them all and paid the one buck to upgrade it

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

There's been so many deals on game pass, and it's already the best deal in gaming. I'm subbed for like 2 years at less than half their MSRP

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Here's to hoping Sony doesn't "follow market trends" and bump the price of PS+ up yet again.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Here's to hoping Sony doesn't "follow market trends" and bump the price of PS+ up yet again.
    My first thought when I read the news.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Kind of a win/win for Sony which makes the move even more of a headscratcher. Either Sony raises their price and makes more money or can flaunt being half the cost of 'the other guy', Or a smaller price hike and reap a bit of both.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

But it's not half the cost. PlayStation services ain't got shit on game pass, it's not even close. Let Sony market their service that offers less than their competition cause I'm sure they'll love that lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    My first thought when I read the news.
    Same..

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    PlayStation services ain't got shit on game pass, it's not even close.
    Even something basic like "Let a PS5 game read cloud save from a PS4 game to import it" is beyond Sony currently. MS has had that available to developers for awhile already.

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Kind of a win/win for Sony which makes the move even more of a headscratcher. Either Sony raises their price and makes more money or can flaunt being half the cost of 'the other guy', Or a smaller price hike and reap a bit of both.
    We both know damn well they'll go for the +Money route, and they'll still add no extra value like they did the last two times.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    But it's not half the cost. PlayStation services ain't got shit on game pass, it's not even close. Let Sony market their service that offers less than their competition cause I'm sure they'll love that lol.

for the base online service, which is vaguely comparable. comparing PSN+ to XBL Gold, not Game Pass Ultimate.
    To clarify, it now costs 120 a year to play online games on Xbox, vs Sony's 60. Worse, unless they stealth changed it you have to have gold for F2P titles too, so Fortnite on xbox just got expensive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag