+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I understand you love being overly negative for the sake of it but calling the game pass library bad is just being asinine.
    Eh, no. I said the PC game pass is bad, and it is. I do a lot of gaming, and most of the games I've never heard of. Or they are bullshit Indie games. Or they are games like Halo / old Final Fantasy that are a decade+ old. I see Dragon Quest / FF 15 / Yakuza as slightly interesting titles if I hadn't already played them.

So what is the answer to the questions about the console pass? Is the plan for all games to be available on the pass and are they immediately available (release day)? If not, meh.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Eh, no. I said the PC game pass is bad, and it is. I do a lot of gaming, and most of the games I've never heard of. Or they are bullshit Indie games. Or they are games like Halo / old Final Fantasy that are a decade+ old. I see Dragon Quest / FF 15 / Yakuza as slightly interesting titles if I hadn't already played them.

So what is the answer to the questions about the console pass? Is the plan for all games to be available on the pass and are they immediately available (release day)? If not, meh.
    all first party titles are day 1, as well as some random ones they make deals with like Crusader Kings 3, Wasteland 3, etc

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Now that Xbox is quite tempting for people without a specific pc for gaming like me. In this generation I am planning to go with a Ps5 as a primary console and Switch successor as portable. No chance my Mac Mini or Ultrabook will run games like Flight Simulator and Series S can fill that gap nicely.

Judging from the size and overall style it can also be placed on a work desk/workstation and connected to a monitor, similar to a gaming PC.

Man, such a smart move from Microsoft.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

11/10/20 launch date

Looking at the launch specs, this is a 512 gb SSD. Counting the OS, you're probably left with MAYBE 400gb of usable space. Seeing as how some games on current gen are over 100gb, that would be my main reason for not purchasing this.

I saw nothing about expandable memory, though most other versions I think you could plug in USB storage. I have enough of a problem on the PS4 Pro with 1TB.

I see the appeal for the $300 console, but gets a big nothx from me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    11/10/20 launch date

Looking at the launch specs, this is a 512 gb SSD. Counting the OS, you're probably left with MAYBE 400gb of usable space. Seeing as how some games on current gen are over 100gb, that would be my main reason for not purchasing this.

I saw nothing about expandable memory, though most other versions I think you could plug in USB storage. I have enough of a problem on the PS4 Pro with 1TB.

I see the appeal for the $300 console, but gets a big nothx from me.
    I imagine, even if you can plug in more storage, you aren't going to be able to replace the proprietary m.2, and then installing some random storage is going to drastically reduce the user experience. Total guess though. I'm just getting the Series X, but I view this as a good option for young kids.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They showed off that propriety nvme card quite awhile back when unveiling the Series X, which I assume the Series S has a slot for also. Either case it's still an added cost, one which you'll probably need real soon at the current size of video games. Should have +$50'd the console price and at least get 1tb minimum in there.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    also been seeing speculation it will be integrated into game pass or game pass ultimate
    called it
    To provide even more value, we are teaming up with Electronic Arts to provide Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC members with an EA Play membership at no additional cost starting this holiday. This means Ultimate members can enjoy EA Play on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S, and Windows 10 PCs, and Xbox Game Pass for PC members get EA Play on Windows 10. In addition to the 100+ games in the Xbox Game Pass library today, Ultimate and PC members will be able to play more than 60 of EA’s biggest and best console and PC games like FIFA 20, Titanfall 2 and Need for Speed Heat, as well as titles from some of EA’s most popular franchises like Battlefield, Mass Effect, Skate, and The Sims. Some of the best EA Play games will also be available for Ultimate members to play on Android devices from the cloud at no additional cost.

BG Level

It looks like at least the series X has a dedicated expansion storage slot in the back. Expansions are sold directly by Ms for $220 (1TB). Not sure about the S.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Jesus christ, game pass is such a fucking steal wow. Just...hands down the best value in gaming. And the top of the line xbox is $500? Wild. Theyre coming out swinging cause everything else from them thus far has been a bust.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At some point Microsoft is gonna have to calm down with all this pro consumer behavior

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was looking at the list of games yesterday. I've been saying it's one of the best deals in gaming for a while, but the amount of "AAA" titles on there along with a ton of indie gems is a steal. A lot of the titles are a couple years old, but unless you have all the time/money in the world you'd never buy them all. And they cycle new things in every month. I'll probably end up getting both consoles, but Sony's PS Now service can't hold a candle to Game Pass IMO.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    It looks like at least the series X has a dedicated expansion storage slot in the back. Expansions are sold directly by Ms for $220 (1TB). Not sure about the S.
    If that is the cost to bump up that paltry 512gb on the S without resorting to cold storage solutions to swap games in/out from, it begs the question why bother with an S over an X at that point. I picture a lot of folks in Canada just going with the X as it is simply because it's the only option with a disc drive, and our general net speeds are still shit/overpriced.

I am curious to see how the performance profiling of games will look between the two specs. Yeah you're not targeting native/upscaled/faked 4K which gives you a ton of leeway, but I'm curious if it'll lead to situations still where an S would run on "medium" settings in some cases vs high on X, especially with the lowered RAM + bandwidth.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Did they say when the EA Play games were coming? I didnt notice and didnt see it in a half-hearted google attempt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag