BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Sure it isn't just that '96 Carolla leaking fuel?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    it's corolla you big doofus

also i have no idea what's even going on w/ that car since i left the island tbh

edit: also '94 lmao

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quitting the internet, it was a '94, I was wrong. Cant handle it objectively because "Car"ollas were OP. Your broke island proves that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    can confirm, get the fuck out of my thread

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The whole BLU thing just reeks of the usual MMO mentality of "I saw it on this guide, so we have to follow it to the letter!" because free thought is scary. People like to chase some combination of easier, faster, and safer, where something that checks off two of those boxes can be pretty hard to change minds over. Short of countering a very specific gimmick, XI has very rarely been a "one way to play" kind of game, but damn if some don't pretend it is.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

God I love it.

Seeing both draylo and spicy complain about SEs game design. It's so delicious

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The question everyone should be asking is, why does PLD keep getting left off the good Sapara-style swords? The only i119 main-hand you can buy for PLD is a dagger. The first i119 sword you get access to if you're returning is the Skirmish one if that's what you use the RoE voucher on.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

BLU burn gold chest and magian trial burn parties in abyssea? Sudden Lunge shutting Voidwatch bosses the fuck down? BLUs being able to exploit any damage type in the first tier of Delves and smashing those NMs with damage resistance gimmicks? BLU has been a god since 75 cap was lifted, let alone ilvl era. They are a swiss army bazookas. Hell, even at 75 cap, Cocoon+CA+TA+Cannon Ball was amazing.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Anything good for login bonuses this month?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Mog Kupon I-Seal if you need any empy seals.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The question everyone should be asking is, why does PLD keep getting left off the good Sapara-style swords? The only i119 main-hand you can buy for PLD is a dagger. The first i119 sword you get access to if you're returning is the Skirmish one if that's what you use the RoE voucher on.
    Not sure what dagger it is you're looking at. However, you can attribute some of the odd job distribution of freebie(ish) gear to SE attempting to throw the new/returning players a bone at one point.

Originally, the higher tier coalition armor and weapons were i117. Same as Eminent/etc stuff from sparks. i119 was reserved for gear earned or unlocked by doing content. So the Homestead Blade I assume you're looking at sat alongside the Eminent Scimitar, or crafted Dija Sword that PLD can use, along with lower ilevel options. Even at the time, it could be an odd situation for dual wielding (particularly), since most sources didn't necessarily have multiple examples of a weapon type.

I think in the same patch that they introduced the Intermediate objectives, SE bumped those higher tier coalition items to i119 and slashed the Bayld cost in an attempt to bridge the content/gear gap a bit. Means that whatever jobs are on the relevant Homestead items have that easy i119, and ones that aren't...don't. RDM and COR, offhand, also aren't on that sword (or dagger).

Far as I recall though, that's really the one exception to that i119 design logic, and still basically a benefit to everyone given that they have some i119 armor/weapon/etc available to them from it.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    God I love it.

Seeing both draylo and spicy complain about SEs game design. It's so delicious
    "why is this guy still allowed to post here" remember?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Not sure what dagger it is you're looking at. However, you can attribute some of the odd job distribution of freebie(ish) gear to SE attempting to throw the new/returning players a bone at one point.

Originally, the higher tier coalition armor and weapons were i117. Same as Eminent/etc stuff from sparks. i119 was reserved for gear earned or unlocked by doing content. So the Homestead Blade I assume you're looking at sat alongside the Eminent Scimitar, or crafted Dija Sword that PLD can use, along with lower ilevel options. Even at the time, it could be an odd situation for dual wielding (particularly), since most sources didn't necessarily have multiple examples of a weapon type.

I think in the same patch that they introduced the Intermediate objectives, SE bumped those higher tier coalition items to i119 and slashed the Bayld cost in an attempt to bridge the content/gear gap a bit. Means that whatever jobs are on the relevant Homestead items have that easy i119, and ones that aren't...don't. RDM and COR, offhand, also aren't on that sword (or dagger).

Far as I recall though, that's really the one exception to that i119 design logic, and still basically a benefit to everyone given that they have some i119 armor/weapon/etc available to them from it.
    Sorry, was thinking of the Eminent dagger which is i117, my bad. Also my comment was prompted by that new Odin sword not having PLD on it, which made me think of the Homestead... Blade? which is another Sapara that PLD is missing from.

Not detrimental to me now, but just seemed odd when I was trying to find the easiest path to 119 for my PLD haha.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Ah. Well, PLD wasn't on Hofud or Heimdall's Doom either, so not being on the i119 version kinda makes sense.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

TBH those type of restrictions were really dumb when it came to things like unity gears. As if blu/pup/dnc not being able to equip shit was some valuable element of nostalgia.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I very clearly remember being rejected on BLU for most delve groups and most content shouts, including SR because "we want BST" or a "real DD" before MG existed lol.
    "Hey guys nobody wanted the job before the update that fundamentally put our whole kit together so CLEARLY we weren't OP after we got that tool"

I've never seen BLU get rejected from SR, I always ran it with LS with 3x BLU and stomped it in minutes when it was first released. And MG existed for SR as well.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura