+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New TV Decision.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

New TV Decision.

Hey people.

Not sure this is the best place to ask, but looking to get a 65 inch TV for the next move. Currently have a 55 inch Sony Bravia 810C, which while I like, seemed to get screwed over with HDR (which still has me miffed, honestly..). That one's going upstairs in the home office.

I've looked at Rtings and various other places, and have narrowed things down to the following:

TCL 6 Series
    Samsung QLED 65 Inch (QN65)
    Samsung 4K 65 Inch (RU8000)
    Vizio P Series

TCL seems like the best deal, honestly, but I hear the panel can be hit or miss (vertical banding issue).

I'm trying to avoid Sony TVs (I got a deal on the last one), because I'm a bit salty about the HDR deal with my current one (though I'm generally happy with it otherwise) and generally feel like their products are overpriced.

Thoughts?

lol I upgraded from Bravia to Samsung also and I love it. Picture is good and the apps for netflix and stuff are great. We also have a Vizio and I hate that TV, I'm not sure if they gotten any better I think this one is like 6 years old.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Which model/type of Samsung did you get? My first LCD TV was a Samsung and honestly I was quite happy with it.

Go Samsung. Don't go Vizio.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Which model/type of Samsung did you get? My first LCD TV was a Samsung and honestly I was quite happy with it.
    I forget the model, it was like a 350$ one from Costco. Nothing fancy, 50 inch