BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/o....co/GcSuy9a7va

Bret Stephan saying to go. Also sound off Ben Garrison.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

A war with Iran would make Iraq look like normal Wargames training. I hope this shit settles down.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/0...mit-in-10-days

Iran gives the EU a 10-day deadline to come up with an nuclear deal or they will begin enriching uranium up to 20% and stockpiling it above the agreed amount.

Under terms of the nuclear deal, Iran can keep a stockpile of no more than 660 pounds of low-enriched uranium. Kamalvandi said that given Iran's recent decision to quadruple its production of low-enriched uranium, it would pass the 300-kilogram limit on July 27.

The United Nations nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency, said last month that Iran still remained within its stockpile limits. The Vienna-based agency declined to comment Monday on Iran's announcement.

Kamalvandi said Iran needs 5 percent enrichment for its nuclear power plant in southern Iranian port of Bushehr and it also needs 20 percent enrichment for a Tehran research reactor.

The nuclear deal had limited Iran to enriching uranium only to 3.67 percent, which is enough for power plants and peaceful purposes.

Enriching a supply of uranium means boosting its concentration of the type of uranium that can power a nuclear reaction. That type, or isotope, is called U-235. Enrichment basically means stripping away atoms of another isotope, called U-238.

When uranium is mined, it typically has about 140 atoms of this unwanted isotope for every atom of U-235. Refining it to a purity of 3.67 percent, the level now allowed by the nuclear deal, means removing 114 unwanted atoms of U-238 for every atom of U-235.

Boosting its purity to 20 percent means removing 22 more unwanted isotopes per atom of U-235, while going from there to 90 percent purity means removing just four more per atom of U-235, he noted. Ninety percent is considered weapons-grade material.

That means going from 20 percent to 90 percent is a relatively quicker process, something that worries nuclear nonproliferation experts. Iran maintains its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Jerusalem Post reports that the US is gearing up to bomb a nuclear facility in Iran.

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Ir...in-Iran-592832

(no idea how seriously to take this report)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/s...08243401293824

People are definitely trying to make the Iran war a fucking thing jesus christ.

BG Level

Don't worry, it's not like Mike Pence's comms director didn't announce today he's leaving to go work at Lockheed Martin or something

*puts finger to ear*

wait I'm just receiving news that

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/0...he-middle-east

Trump sends 1500 troops to the Middle East to re-enforce American interests.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKCN1TI2UO

And 1000 more.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/oi...083445457.html
    Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps said the drone was in Iranian air space.

Iran has shot down a US drone.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Oh good

I like to eat food
    BG Level

So in both the tanker and drone cases, they were reportedly "near" their respective airspace/waters. Sounds like some WW2 Germany shit. Starting to push the limits of their influence.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I mean, Iran didnt claim responsibility for the tanker attack, and the owners of the tankers are dubious of America's claim. The attack may have originated in Iran, but that doesnt mean the government was behind it.

This was a drone flying "near" their airspace, or was it one of our spy drones flying reconnaissance like you know we do? If that's the case I can't really get mad when another country catches us with our pants down and shoots our drone out of their air space.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I mean, Iran didnt claim responsibility for the tanker attack, and the owners of the tankers are dubious of America's claim. The attack may have originated in Iran, but that doesnt mean the government was behind it.

This was a drone flying "near" their airspace, or was it one of our spy drones flying reconnaissance like you know we do? If that's the case I can't really get mad when another country catches us with our pants down and shoots our drone out of their air space.

Can only go based on what information we're given. Saying we're using a spy drone in their airspace is possible, but it's also an easy excuse for their actions.

As far as the tanker goes, they have reasons for suspecting Iran, and the UK and Saudis also believe it was Iran, though Iran denies it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The Saudis are hardly neutral here lol. Neither is the Trump administration. When the owners of the tankers that were attacked do not believe that America has the story correct, and I see the history this administration and the Saudis have with Iran, then yes I am cautious to take the Saudis and Trump at their word. Show the evidence or go. A couple Iranians removing a mine from a ship is hardly conclusive, especially when the crew in the tankers say it was a drone or missile that hit them from the air.

As far as drones go, I haven't heard anything from the administration about it. If it was shot outside of Iranians airspace I'm sure we would have heard about it. These people are embarrassed their drone tech got shot down in enemy territory and are just ignoring it and moving on lol. But again, if they have evidence otherwise I'm more than interested in seeing it. I doubt they'll be eager to talk about it though, lol.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Saudis, fine. You're right. Trump admin, again, I'll concede that. Is there anything that shows the tanker operators' interview or anything? I heard about the missile thing, but also that it was no plausible immediately afterwards.

I get that the photos of the unexploded mine and video may be seen as non-conclusive, but it also seems there are an increasing number of people that are agreeing that Iran is responsible. Merkel has apparently said there is "strong evidence" that it was Iran, the House Intelligence Committee chair, a Democrat, also believes there is strong enough evidence to definitively say Iran did it. I'm not saying that makes it right, but it shows there must be something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I haven't read a full interview of the Japanese crew, just their comments that they dont agree with the US and that they were hit from the air.

And if everyone is in agreement then by all means show me the evidence. I learned my lesson with Iraq. I'm not cheering for a war with Iran for no reason other than the word of the leader who lies quite often, and who's security advisor has been clamoring for a war with Iran for as long as I've been alive.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I don't know if it's everyone in agreement, really.

This article from CNBC goes into why Iran would benefit, or at least think about it. Citing that they UK is "almost certain" it was Iran, and the Saudis blaming them.

This article from Vox is the one that has Merkel quoted as saying there is "strong evidence" as well as Schiff's comments that there is "no question" Iran is behind the attacks. Again, Schiff is a Democrat with a history of opposing Trump.

That's what I was able to find regarding the tanker.

Thanks Fiye. The waterline thing is interesting. I'll look at the article and see what it says.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/oi...083445457.html
    Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps said the drone was in Iranian air space.

Iran has shot down a US drone.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48700965

The US military has confirmed that one of it's RQ-4A Global Hawk drones was shot down. The military claims it was shot down over the Strait of Hormuz between Iran & Oman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northr...-4_Global_Hawk - $131.4M cost

Two weeks ago a MQ-9 Reaper drone was shot down in Yemen with what is believed to be an Iranian missile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...cs_MQ-9_Reaper - $15.9M cost

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...11064305983488 - "Very Big Mistake!"

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    So it just says they don't think mines were on board, and the holes were above the water line, and they believe they saw something come in from the air. That doesn't necessarily help or hurt the idea that it was Iran. It's not like Iran doesn't have missiles, as indicated by other attacks, like the drones.

I wonder if we'll ever actually know.

BG Level

It's almost like Iran is pissed that the US backed out of the nuclear deal and slapped a bunch of crippling sanctions on them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag