Closed Thread
Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i've never seen you post proof of anything, even if whatever you're saying is true, back in my day i could throw a pig skin 5 football fields.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    i've never seen you post proof of anything, even if whatever you're saying is true, back in my day i could throw a pig skin 5 football fields.
    Well clearly you're not an elephant then cause elephants never forget

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm still trying to figure out why Obama deporting a lot of people means I cant be upset when trump does it too

Especially when the administration has made it clear it's trying to make it harder to claim asylum

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Obama was widely accepted as allowing anyone in and not deporting people. Weak on immigration or whatever. Trump is widely considered as deporting people even citizens. Just best to not operate and get outraged on fallacies.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

What? I dont recall how old you are, but do you not recall "Deporter in Chief" being thrown at him regularly in his 2nd term?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Dude was super hard on immigration, but he didnt needlessly separate families, lose children, or enact policies to make it harder for people to claim asylum.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Fucking how about catch and release? The program that began entirely because he specifically didnt want to separate families like trump is.

He deported people, but he tried to be humane about it. He set priorities for criminals over non criminals, made sure families weren't being lost or worse, killed, by his administration. Was he perfect? No. Did he attempt to handle this topic with compassion? Yyuupp.

And that's coming from a guy who doesnt care if you deport criminals. Just stop fucking with asylum seekers.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

If I remember correctly he was called that late in his term or after it. Prior to that and the numbers coming out he was exalted for opposite

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I still like how you conveniently ignore and steer the conversation in a different direction when according to Homeland security we easily deport 200k criminals

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Obama has never (honestly) been exalted for letting everyone in. He deported a shitton of people.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Ignore what? How many times do I have to say Idontcareaboutcriminaldeportations

That isn't what Trump is doing. Hes taking perfectly legal asylum seekers and separating the families and putting them in concentration camps. Literally.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Obama has never (honestly) been exalted for letting everyone in. He deported a shitton of people.
    And this.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post

That isn't what Trump is doing. Hes taking perfectly legal asylum seekers and separating the families and putting them in concentration camps. Literally.

D44k can't read. He sees a bunch of letters on the screen then makes up an argument in his head and runs with it. And provides minimal supporting evidence.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

D44k, seriously dude.

Putting people in what are concentration camps in everything but name is ridiculous, especially with separation of children tacked on.

There is a staggering difference between Trump and Obama handling of immigration.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post

My bad. You said 200k a month and since I have common sense and no one is making that claim I read it as a year, since we were only talking about yearly numbers.

There are no reports of legal asylum seekers being deported, only what I said in my first post

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

There are no reports of legal asylum seekers being deported, only what I said in my first post
    Lol ok

BG Level

There are no reports of legal asylum seekers being deported
    Nah, just detained and separated from their kids:

Under a binary choice policy, which is highly controversial, migrant parents would be given a choice of whether to voluntarily allow their children to be separated from them, or to waive their child’s humanitarian protections so the family can be detained together, indefinitely, in jail-like conditions.
    (Source: NYT; https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/08/u...ral-judge.html)

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Totally cool bro, nothing wrong there. Obama deported almost twice as many people as Trump.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I never said kids didn't get separated from their families. Pls quote where I did.

BG Level

No, sorry dude. We're not doing the "I didn't technically say this therefore argument is done" right now.

If your argument isn't "Look, Trump is doing what Obama did" then I don't know what your argument is. If your only reason for suggesting that similarities between what Trump is doing and what past presidents have done exist is comprised of "for the lulz" or "just to state a fact" there is nothing being contributed here.

All it does is gloss over the real differences in order to focus on the principle (and the wrong one, at that).

There is a fundamentally HUGE difference between how the two Presidents have handled immigration.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast