• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol missed that somehow. clearly kawhi is the top FA max player of the offseason. think you can just flat out say he's best player in the nba right now.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ohhh okay. See I thought he wasn't being mentioned because he'd be eligible for a Super Max or something like that that I don't understand lol

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

My bad y’all, didn’t mean to disrespect kawhi. I completely forgot about him being available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

There hasn't been any indication he's considering the Lakers. It's of course possible but most signs point to LAC or returning to Toronto

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah I don't even consider the Lakers getting him to be a remote possibility so I didn't list it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post

(Also, I don't really know/get the difference between max and super max)
    If you are eligible for the Super Max (basically an extra year at max salary), the only team who can offer it is the team you are currently playing for.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    If you are eligible for the Super Max (basically an extra year at max salary), the only team who can offer it is the team you are currently playing for.

Yup, Spurs offered him a Super max and got rid of Tony Parker and he still wanted out.

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Didn't want to tarnish this new season thread with my old fucked up thoughts but it's closed so...

FFS such a sad end to the Warriors season and I specifically mean that physically. I was turnt up to level 10 at a bar in San Francisco for Game 5 and man... That win was amazing. When Klay went down in Game 6 it was definitely like the air left the building but those dudes kept it going till the end, /salute. Feel hella bad for KD and Klay.

Big shots to Toronto though! Not at all player hate their win, as a fan of bball, fucking yikes Kawhi is a monster and his "role players" are all super legit.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Azull View Post
    AD and Lebron might work out okish based on overwhelming talent.. but i think their games fit together like dill pickles and grape jelly.
    I imagine their pick and roll game could be unstoppable

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

AD to the Lakers is gonna be fun.

I know they're asleep but I hope the Kings can make a move to improve that solid young core. Fox is a real one, I really need him not to get DeMarcus'd by Sacramento.

This off season, fucking bananas about to ensue... /popcorn.

Can we get a early MVP prediction going? I got mine on deck!

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"New Orleaican Pelicans" from here on.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post

Ohhh I see I see, so pretty much the same as the NHL

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    We've seen the formula for LeBron is to treat him like a PG, surround him with shooters plus a big man that can score in the post when teams double LeBron.

AD is one of the best compliments for LeBron.

Given this, if I'm the Lakers decision maker I don't go after Kemba. He's good but I don't think he's worth a max (which you need since he's getting a supermax offer from Charlotte). I'd rather get Jimmy Butler or some other guy that can create in solo isolation playoff defense plus some really good mid-salary shooters. Like Klay is obviously the ideal get but that's not happening.
    what are you stoned the elite bigs Bron has played with in Bosh and Love totally reoriented their games to the perimeter, the last thing a Bron that lives to drive and post up himself needs is a big body cluttering up the paint.

and Bron is ball dominant but he needs more rest + plays off than ever before, and even in his prime needed other ball-dominant scorers/distributors in Wade/Kyrie to carry the load. a Kemba pairing would work p decently, they def need some off the bounce shooting with the bricky lineup they're finna rock. and Kemba is a far far better isolation creator than Klay, prolly Butler too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I imagine their pick and roll game could be unstoppable
    it's gonna be an absolute nightmare, you'll just have to overload the strongside with help. Lakers need to surround it with shooters to really punish teams.

BG Level

also i just realized Brook Lopez would be the perfect compliment to the squad to provide cheap spacing and let AD play a lot of 4 minutes

big ups Magic keep doing work from beyond the grave

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    also i just realized Brook Lopez would be the perfect compliment to the squad to provide cheap spacing and let AD play a lot of 4 minutes

big ups Magic keep doing work from beyond the grave
    From what I've read, teams are finally waking up to Brook's value and the bucks really want to keep him

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Oop Woj reporting the trade will be executed July 6th which would cause Lakers to miss out on 10mil in cap space.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    My bad y’all, didn’t mean to disrespect kawhi. I completely forgot about him being available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    honestly kinda figured that. prob we just all assumed he was getting max from raps or clips

archi covered what max/supermax is. basically meant to be a carrot on the stick for staying with your team vs going off to a new one. but it's honestly a pretty nasty thing imo because that last year can be in the realm of 30m+ a year which can really hamstring a franchise.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Doesn't part of the supermax 5th year not count towards a team's luxury tax and salary cap so that the team isn't disadvantaged in the 5th year?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    what are you stoned the elite bigs Bron has played with in Bosh and Love totally reoriented their games to the perimeter, the last thing a Bron that lives to drive and post up himself needs is a big body cluttering up the paint.
    it's gonna be an absolute nightmare, you'll just have to overload the strongside with help. Lakers need to surround it with shooters to really punish teams.
    I mean this is your answer right here. They aren't turning AD into a perimeter shooter. AD is going to be Bron's close range pass outlet if the perimeter shooters aren't free. And probably will be his first go-to option.

and Bron is ball dominant but he needs more rest + plays off than ever before, and even in his prime needed other ball-dominant scorers/distributors in Wade/Kyrie to carry the load. a Kemba pairing would work p decently, they def need some off the bounce shooting with the bricky lineup they're finna rock. and Kemba is a far far better isolation creator than Klay, prolly Butler too.
    I said Klay fits because he's a catch and shoot 3-pt star to pair with Bron and AD, not for iso-creation. I'd get a wing over a PG because even if Bron is taking plays off, there's a different between giving him another ball-dominant scorer to offload the ball to (Wade, Butler) vs. pairing him with a PG who won't play optimally with the ball constantly out of their hands which is going to happen a lot with Bron. Admittedly I haven't watched a ton of Charlotte games to say where Kemba falls on this, but to demonstrate what I'm thinking about the worst possible waste of an elite PG with Bron would be Westbrook.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Doesn't part of the supermax 5th year not count towards a team's luxury tax and salary cap so that the team isn't disadvantaged in the 5th year?
    No, it's been discussed but isn't a current feature of the CBA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast