FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This game is definitely beautiful.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Could also just see an option if importing a save to power up foes to match your levels FF8 style.
    More my point being, a lot of these games revolve around growing your character, but if you did the bulk of that growing in part 1, the subsequent parts will feel way different as you just breeze thru it. Even with the FF8 system, enemies were a breeze at higher levels but that might have more to do with how broken junction is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I could see them locking it down like 13, is all I'm saying.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah I can see that too

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I dont think I played the XIII sequels. What happened there?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

No random encounters, all enemies are on the field and when killed, they disappear. It put a cap on total exp you can earn, and if you wanted to grind new abilities you had to travel thru the game to get it. Cant just stay in one zone grinding for 5 hours.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

And when you thought youd reach the end of your progression, you then jumped into another allies system of abilities and rise in levels there. So they put more than enough monsters to cap each characters main role before the end of the game and how much stronger than that you became depended on how many side quests you do.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Oh I see. But they said random encounters, didnt they?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Did they? Idk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

That koala, though.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    That koala, though.
    ?

Did this motherfucker just call a moogle a koala?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I refuse to believe 6souls doesnt know what a moogle is

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

That koala, though.
    No you fucking didn't

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Did this motherfucker just call a moogle a koala?
    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    No you fucking didn't

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I mean.... It's pretty close

Does look more like a koala than a mog D;

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

It could just be a simple matter of them not letting you bring levels to the next game, maybe give a level boost based on your level in part 1, that way you can’t just break the game lol, I’m thinking materia, skills/weapon levels and maybe a smaller level boost, or they could go full on Digital Devil Saga and just give you a special equipment for being max level/having beaten certain super bosses?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/...ake-developers

Part 2 has entered into active development. Some interesting tidbits from the devs about Part 1;

TETSUYA NOMURA - DIRECTOR & CONCEPT DESIGN

Opportunities for discussing our true intentions are few, but with regard to the size of the game that many are asking about – there’s no reason at all to worry. Even in this Midgar portion alone, the density and volume are so great that I had to give directions to lighten them.

With regard to new characters, of whom I said during past interviews that there would be “none” – though they aren’t main characters, their numbers ended up growing considerably in the process of creating a rich depiction of Midgar. When you think of Midgar’s final boss, you probably think of the M.O.T.O.R., but in this game new bosses will appear and add to the excitement of the story even more.

MOTOMU TORIYAMA - CO-DIRECTOR (SCENARIO DESIGN)

In FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, we’re using the newest visuals, voice acting, and character facial expressions to redesign the FINAL FANTASY VII universe to be more realistic. By increasing the realism of the universe within the city of Midgar, which is made prosperous by mako energy, we of course also reimagined the characters who reside there, like Cloud and Tifa, more vividly as living and breathing human beings, depicting their daily lives and feelings in a more in-depth manner.

We took care to remake not only the main characters, but also characters like Johnny and the Shinra Middle Manager who I created back then. Please keep your eye out to see how they make their new appearances. Additionally, when remaking the Honey-Bee Inn at the Wall Market, we revived it is as a pantheon of entertainment, which couldn’t be realized back then. Here, the scene that many of you have been eager to see, where Cloud disguises himself. Please enjoy.”

SHINTARO TAKAI - GRAPHICS & VFX DIRECTOR

Among the many major games that are celebrated for their photorealistic graphics, FINAL FANTASY VII is a little different. Not only is it realistic, but I believe you’ll notice that it incorporates “playfulness” in the design and colours for an originality not found in other games. Effects are an area that is particularly conducive to expressing various elements of “playfulness.”

I hope you’ll enjoy various effects that are not only beautiful, but also convincingly portray realism and magic!! Various elements of game design and graphic design have been packed into every corner of the vast Midgar.

TERUKI ENDO - BATTLE DIRECTOR

Speaking to my own personal experience, I had mostly been creating action games thus far, so for this title, I took on the challenge of remaking a system that was not of an action game originally and incorporating action elements into it.

In order to create battles that are surprising and never boring, we worked hard to create a variety of strategic elements for each boss and enemy. Also, in constructing battle systems for each character, we wanted to respect the image of the original version while additionally introducing many new abilities. I hope you’re able to find your own style of battle by combining those abilities with Materia.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Does look more like a koala than a mog D;
    Yeah, them showing pupils instead of slits for eyes doesn't help matters either. Head shape is a bit unlike the classic moogle look hence koala comments. Fat droopy cheeks and nose is a little long. Reminds me of when they decided to make FFXV's Carbuncle a god damn fennec fox.

Part 2 has entered into active development. Some interesting tidbits from the devs about Part 1;
    We've still heard nothing about how these parts connect in terms of save data/progression, right? I'm still going with my plan of just holding out until this is all done and released, then re-released again under some Director's Cut moniker on PS5 for a fraction of the cost. The main curiosity is whether these parts will bolt onto each other to feel like a single game when it's all done, or act like completely separate games.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast