Closed Thread
Page 61 of 151 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I personally hope not, it would remove part of the feeling of the original. They've done a really good job staying true to the original with the first game, having connected zones would remove that. It would also make the airship and exploration very difficult. For example, reaching the secret island that can only be reached with the golden chocobo. How would that be handled with connected zones?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The same way they handled it in FFX..

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    I personally hope not, it would remove part of the feeling of the original. They've done a really good job staying true to the original with the first game, having connected zones would remove that. It would also make the airship and exploration very difficult. For example, reaching the secret island that can only be reached with the golden chocobo. How would that be handled with connected zones?
    In your example you'd have a zone with a beach/cliff and an island out at sea that you couldn't cross unless you had the right chocobo. Not sure how they'd make the location a secret.

I don't see why they can't make a fully explorable world. If you've played Death Stranding the map in that game is huge and incredibly detailed. That game shows what the PS4 is capable of better than FFXV did. Part 2 probably won't have the whole world to explore either so they can worry about designing the rest of the world for part 3 or 4 or however many parts they want. I could see each continent being its own map, maybe the final part will come with all the previous maps included so you can fly/ride between them.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    For example, reaching the secret island that can only be reached with the golden chocobo. How would that be handled with connected zones?
    Simple, once you bred the gold chocobo, it becomes a selectable on what Shenrien said 2 posts above me :D

I'm also on the camp of getting rid of the overworld. FFXV's implementation of it was terrible in that it was mostly 1 and a half towns (Powerplant place, seaside place, every other place was more or less the same). While I've not played the game yet I'm not sure how currently Midgar works but I do not believe it to be that much more open (i.e. I can't go to Sector ... 4, or 2).

Outside of Midgar, everything was rather small/bland anyway. FFXV sacrificed a "world" map for just a continent, the rest of the world is unknown (like the bad guy's empire side).

FFVII's world map for quick reference:

A fully explorable continent of outside of Midgar will just really suck on this basis, they'll need to add so much openness and try hard to fit bits for us to discover, I don't think it'll work at all.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    In your example you'd have a zone with a beach/cliff and an island out at sea that you couldn't cross unless you had the right chocobo. Not sure how they'd make the location a secret.

I don't see why they can't make a fully explorable world. If you've played Death Stranding the map in that game is huge and incredibly detailed. That game shows what the PS4 is capable of better than FFXV did. Part 2 probably won't have the whole world to explore either so they can worry about designing the rest of the world for part 3 or 4 or however many parts they want. I could see each continent being its own map, maybe the final part will come with all the previous maps included so you can fly/ride between them.
    That's my point, a lot of games have a fully explorable world that's not just an overworld. Assassin's Creed Origins, Just Cause 4, Death Stranding, Skyrim, Witcher 3 are all examples of a fully explorable open world that could replace the overworld, and are all much better examples than the way FFX or FFXIII handled it.

Yes, the overworld in FFVII was empty, but that does not mean they couldn't turn it into a sprawling world like pretty much every other open-world game has done.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

People been waiting their entire adult lives for this remake, have probably 6 years minimum until the full completed work, and already complaining that it might be "too big" or there might be "too much to explore".

Oh no, I got lost exploring a wide open desert in a game that I care more about than my children. How dare they make it so big.

Edit: Nord Highlands in ToCS will take you probably 20 minutes, maybe closer to 30, to run through from end-to-end on foot and without turbo mode turned on. Once you get to the town at the HALFWAY point it lets you quick travel to different parts each area of the map and to entrances to the dungeons / other areas.

Like...you can have big and have it not be shitty.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You guys are seriously misremembering the game. The entire world was not accessible until you had the highwind, and until then at most you had a handful of continents or towns accessible depending on you having the buggy or bronco, or colored chocobo. They can get away with going all the way past the city of the ancients, maybe even all the way up to the return to Midgard with small story changes, without having to account for unfettered world wide access to towns and all the content that includes. That could very well be the final game they release in this series, and by then theyll have assets from two or so earlier installments of the game to expedite the art generation.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Plus the new consoles are taking advantage of how huge memory bandwidth is now, so I'm excited to see what a AAA final fantasy game can look like designed from the ground up with that in mind. The sequel probably is too far along for that, but the installment after that will probably be next gen from the ground up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I just want to emphasize something...

No other game from your childhood will ever, ever get the treatment that this FF7 remake is. Ever. SE is never going to put this much work and care into a game ever again. Just...use your heads.

This is something you have wanted since the first time you beat FF7. This is something you have been masturbating furiously over since the very first announcement. Just...please...shut the fuck up about an overworld being "too big" or there being "too much to explore".

This should be as good as a game can possibly be. If you have 1 hour to play per night because you don't understand condoms and it takes you longer to finish than other people...who cares? Who cares if it takes you 3 hours to explore every nook and cranny of a zone. If it's that much a hardship just don't do it?

You people are why FFXIV has always, always sucked. God damn.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post

You people are why FFXIV has always, always sucked. God damn.
    You got that right. And anyone who thinks they shouldn't have piecemeal this thing is ridiculous. There is no way they could remake the entire game at the level we are seeing in part 1, as a single game, without losing a shit ton of money.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

But Sath what about my FFIX? D:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FF7R was as much a labor of love as it is a "stop asking us already, jeez" move. SE knew that whenever they undertook this, they would have one shot to not ruin everything at the same time trying to deliver a brand new experience. Thats a tall order for any company in their prime, let alone a behemoth like SE who is living off of their previous prime era.

Theres going to be just as many people wanting 6, or 5, or 4 remade instead as there are people (rightfully imho) cautious or negative about SE's ability to pace this out over 3 or 4 installments as there are people who think this is better than Little Caesar's delivery.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

6 remade on Ps5 would be nut-worthy.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

6 doesn't tickle my fancy really any, I don't see why people are so crazy about it. I'd rather see 5 or 9 get attention.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Unfortunately doubt we'll ever see it since an FF6 remake would be an even more monumental undertaking than remaking 7

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I wish I could get a FF8 remake with less teenage angst

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Mine is arriving today from the SE store. hype!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm all for a FFVI or a FFIX remake, I loved those games

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post

Game would be 2 hours long after that.

ZING

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post

All this nigga wanna see is the triple dot ...