Closed Thread
Page 98 of 151 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It's on Google Play for $19, practically half the iTunes price.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

dunno if it's acceptable to post download links to the OST, but it is available outside the itunes/amazon/google ecosystem. happy to point anyone in the right direction via PM. that said, if you're comfortable paying for the official product and have no qualms with compressed files, please do so! i bought it thru official channels, but i wanted a lossless copy which none of the big digital distros provide as far as i can tell.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The FF7 Remake Tifa them is now free in the US & European PS Store. If you didn't go through the candy kerfuffle, now's your chance to grab it. Still would like to be able to grab the full cast overlooking Midgard, for downloading the demo before the game came out (why remove it from the store?), but at least the Tifa theme is now available.

Imagine doing a shitty campaign then giving away the thing for free anyway.

Next time let's just cut out the middle man and give the free thing I'll never use because there are hundreds of good themes.

Because the campaign worked... people went out and bought a bunch of stuff they normally wouldn't.

They would've done it regardless

Many people, posted here, talked about going out to buy full size candy bars just for this campaign, so no.

That sounds like a great metric.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What are you trying to argue? That advertising and promotions don't increase sales? Are you just bored this morning?

I'm not arguing anything. I just said it was a shitty campaign. It was horribly executed and region locked, why would I be for that?

I’m a little late to the game, but besides some of the nostalgia factor, I’m struggling to finish it. Hmm

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    I’m a little late to the game, but besides some of the nostalgia factor, I’m struggling to finish it. Hmm
    Where you at? I think a lot of people felt fatigued by then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Where you at? I think a lot of people felt fatigued by then.
    Still pretty early. I’m pretty sure I’m where Cloud cross dresses... chapter 7 or 8?

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Still pretty early. I’m pretty sure I’m where Cloud cross dresses... chapter 7 or 8?
    9, that's where I'm at too.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I'm not arguing anything. I just said it was a shitty campaign. It was horribly executed and region locked, why would I be for that?
    They're all shitty, that's why I always wait. Other people, however, either have no patience or don't care if they spend money so long as they get the thing they want when they want.

/shrug

Also, I know the game is from a time where there was no “open world,” but damn, this game is as linear as FFXIII.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Every FF game has been very linear. Just because you got to run around and maybe visit a town you could do no more than maybe a sidequest and access a shop in doesn't make a game non-linear.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Every FF game has been very linear. Just because you got to run around and maybe visit a town you could do no more than maybe a sidequest and access a shop in doesn't make a game non-linear.
    Even FF1 has a number of points where you significantly choose what to do next before advancing the main story. 13 and 7:r are more the exception than the rule.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Even FF1 has a number of points where you significantly choose what to do next before advancing the main story. 13 and 7:r are more the exception than the rule.
    That makes 1 more the exception than the rule. There's practically always exactly one point to progress the story across basically every other FF game the entire way through the story. JRPG's are mostly about telling you a story, not you picking the story. FF is always on rails, recently the games just haven't put forth effort to hide the rails (not to mention western RPG's getting much more popular and showing a very different way to RPG). XV is linear too, you just get a few chapters early on with an open world for side quests, but you still have exactly one place to go to progress the only story in the game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

FF7: You're on rails the whole game until you get the bronco, in which you can go to Wutai. Then you're back on rails until you get the airship. A couple of mini-games at Gold Saucer, and maybe breeding a shitty chocobo doesn't make a game open.

FF8: Again, you're on rails (quite literally at times). You can do an occasional sidequest like the Shumi tribe, but for the most part, you're going from point A to point B.

FF9: This game gives you next to no freedom, outside of Chocobo Forest after Lindblum. Alexandria > Evil Forest > Ice Cavern > Dali > Lindblum > Gizmalukes > Burmecia > **start of disc 2 Garnet/Steiner stuff** > Cleyra > Alexandria > etc. You're on rails until you get a ship or airship.

FF10: Straight line.

FF12: Definitely more open. Stuff is still blocked off often.

FF13: Straight line.

FF15: Openish, but locked out a lot. Chapter 9 to the end is a straight line.

At least since PS1 era, the series has been very linear. I've only played FF1-6 once or twice each, so memory isn't too sharp on them. I don't recall FF4 being open in any way. Since PS1, FF just gives you an illusion of being open. Some mask the linearity better than others. Some don't (FFX, XIII). Linearity isn't bad regardless. It's not like the maps and such don't let you veer off a bit to find treasure, like all the other games do.