Closed Thread
Page 99 of 151 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

world of ruin in 6 is very open. for the most part you can do whatever the fuck you want in any order, with varying degree of difficulty

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Its been linear since PSX because the cost has skyrocketed. An ugly, empty world, or a pretty (for the time) focused world.

13 just shit the bed.

Super open-world gets you buggy Skyrim jank, where modders have to clean all the mess up.

Mostly open-world gets you square dungeons connected to winding corridors like Tales of Beserberberber.

When I want open worlds, I play MMOs these days because modern JRPGs aren't pulling them off unless they either look like a PS3 game or are laggy as hell (Lookin at you, Xeno series).

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    world of ruin in 6 is very open. for the most part you can do whatever the fuck you want in any order, with varying degree of difficulty
    Yeah 6 was fantastic there in that regards. I recall the moment you get the airship (which means your party is of .... 3?) you can basically go beat the game if you're levelled enough. Unlikely of course, but it's there. Or go round up your gang in any order you want.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Yeah 6 was fantastic there in that regards. I recall the moment you get the airship (which means your party is of .... 3?) you can basically go beat the game if you're levelled enough. Unlikely of course, but it's there. Or go round up your gang in any order you want.
    I remember beating the game once when I was really young, and then again when I was in late high school or so. In high school I got the airship and then realized "wait. I can just beat this now, can't I?" and it made me appreciate the game even more.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Late to the party, but finally beat it. The music is captivating, so familiar, but new and renewed.
    Ready for p2 to come out.
    I may actually platinum this game.... the only platinum i have so far. I enjoyed this game, everything was so massive. Each area explored felt so awesome amd looking out the shinra building, it didn't feel like a video game.
    Whens the next chapter happening now ?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

probably 2022 at the earliest, id expect 2023/2024

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Knowing SE, 2024 but then part 3 will come out late 2025 or early 2026.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Next chapter, imho, depends on if its a 3 part or 4+ part series.

If 3, then yeah 2022. If 4+, then I would expect P2 to be mid-late 2021.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

https://twistedvoxel.com/final-fanta...-parts-update/

As for the number of sequels that will be developed for the Remake, Nomura has clarified that they are hoping to show their future policy in the next update
    Hoping to lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah now that part 1 is out, we know what to expect, so give us a real timeliness cause honestly I think the public has been pretty patient with the model they went into this with. Give me a timeline so I can judge how many times you're gonna delay the sequels lol

thinking we're gonna get the next one in 2021 is some real lulz

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

hopefully their future policy includes making good games

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    hopefully their future policy includes making good games
    Not as long as Nomura is allowed to have his attention span split between 14 games concurrently.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Stop making Kingdom Hearts and FF games concurrently if you want either to be good.

this game annoyed me but holy shit did KH3 take the wind out of my sails with that franchise lol. i wasnt really a fanboy of 2, i played 1 more and none of the other titles but was looking forward to 3. oof

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    this game annoyed me but holy shit did KH3 take the wind out of my sails with that franchise lol. i wasnt really a fanboy of 2, i played 1 more and none of the other titles but was looking forward to 3. oof
    i couldnt even finish kh3. lost it at pirate world and couldnt stand all the cutscenes. gameplay seemed okay but ugh

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I've always been a "I'm fine to watch someone else play it" fan of KH. Combat is cool and some of the fights are really interesting, but the plot has never interested me. I know the series sells like gangbusters so its important that it exists, but man, seeing some of the overlap in cocaine fever-dream ideas that Nomura and his merry band cook up between KH and FF is just, ugh.

I don't mind gameplay mechanics being shared between the series, but please leave KH's wacky-ass plots in KH. Not that the original FF's "4 plucky kids eventually throat-punch God" games were bastions of creativity, but when I saw the fucking spirits swirling around Shinra HQ on the highway like some sort of "15-minutes left in the Disney Movie so lets make the evil castle look REALLY EVIL" moment... ugh.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I still don't really understand what they're going for with the spirits around... i thought how they managed them in train graveyard made sense enough but the rest of the game im not so sure on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I was fine with just about every appearance of spirits until that fucking Disney moment right there. My god, it reminded me of some Cinderella shit. I thought I was playing KH because it was RIGHT out of a Disney movie!

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Its not ideal now, but 10 years from now when the series is complete this game is gonna feel fine when you do your complete playthrough knowing you won't have to wait for how they follow this up cause thats whats gonna make or break how we look back on this game imo