Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

from the live stage event :D

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tifa and Aerith looking fucking good. Love Tifa's knockback drop kicking the boss across the stage.

They've added Classic mode to the game as well. AI handles movement, guarding, and auto attacking, and you just do command inputs. Idea is for it to be more like the original, by being a menu based battle system. I'm not sure how that'll work in practice, almost sounds like easy mode. Maybe the AI doesn't 100% get out of AoEs and doesn't always guard.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

they were on classic mode the entirety of the sentinel scorpion fight, so in practice it looks like it works fairly well :O

Edit- Also noticed during the Aps boss video, Cloud has 2 green and a purple materia in Hard Edge's slots, but when he goes to summon ifrit a red materia symbol appears under the limit bar, so maybe we don't have to equip summon materia anymore? or else he had it in an accessory?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Are you close to Max or somethin? Got him playing in the background, swear up and down he just read your comment word for word.

Anyways, yeah, hard to say. They just released some further info about Aerith. She sounds really useful now, she's like a multi cast support unit with ranged damage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

he did read my comment, and no I don't know him at all XD but yeah, Tempest looks like it might be broken as hell if it lets you multicast attack spells also :O

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Seems barret eventually takes those shades off.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Over/under on the remake explicitly referencing having a dog trying to fuck aeris?
    i mean

they appear to have kept Cloud cross dressing to seduce a pimp who sexually assaults him

soooo

50/50 ?

My guess is they'll edit it to Hojo wanting to do some sort of gene splicing. Because if you're legit any sort of scientist, you should know a dog and a (near)human shouldn't be able to reproduce due to differences in species.

Also no chance they cut Aerith's death as it was key to countering Meteor with her entering the lifestream to better rally the planet's energy through Holy. Post-game resurrection or some sort of NG+ feature? Sure, I'd leave those on the table. Otherwise, I would hope they're somewhat better about it than Seph just dropping from the ceiling.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Goddamn those menu screen renders. Barret... goddamn he looks amazing. I can only imagine what a FFX remake would look like with Auron. Those two need to have a drink someday.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    My guess is they'll edit it to Hojo wanting to do some sort of gene splicing. Because if you're legit any sort of scientist, you should know a dog and a (near)human shouldn't be able to reproduce due to differences in species.

Also no chance they cut Aerith's death as it was key to countering Meteor with her entering the lifestream to better rally the planet's energy through Holy. Post-game resurrection or some sort of NG+ feature? Sure, I'd leave those on the table. Otherwise, I would hope they're somewhat better about it than Seph just dropping from the ceiling.

They'd have to rewrite the canon for her to be resurrected here since she's still dead in AC

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The menu I'm torn about. I always like when they add 2D art in those, but I guess that would stand out too much in a hyper realistic style like this

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Hojo wanted to breed them? I thought he was just into that.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They really did Barret justice. I'm actually happy with it considering Japanese.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Breed in the original JP script. General freak in the woosley NA script. Breed in the Machinabridged script.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Actually seeing the materia in the weapons is so awesome. Right at the end, I saw some purple materia in the hardedge.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The music itself just gets me so hyped up. Only 6 months!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Classic Mode Announced - For Those Who Enjoyed the Original Battle System
    Spoiler: show

Today, Square Enix revealed the North American package art for Final Fantasy VII Remake alongside a number of new screenshots and character renders, providing a deeper look at how players can explore the city of Midgar and battle the tyrannical Shinra Corporation.

The package art, reminiscent of the North American cover of the original Final Fantasy VII, features protagonist Cloud Strife with his iconic buster sword, staring down the headquarters of the shadowy enemy he has agreed to help take down.

Additionally, new screenshots were released today, bringing more of the Sector 7 Slums and the Seventh Heaven bar to life. Cloud, Tifa, Barrett and Aerith are also showcased in action-packed battles, providing an in-depth look at magic and summons, the materia system, powerful limit breaks, and more.

Furthermore, a new gameplay video is now available, in which Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith go head to head with a ferocious beast, Abzu. The exhilarating fight highlighting each characters’ unique battle style can be viewed above.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a reimagining of the iconic original game that re-defined the RPG genre, diving deeper into the world and its characters than ever before. The first game in the project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience that provides a great starting point to the series.

Along with unforgettable characters and a powerful story, Final Fantasy VII Remake features a hybrid battle system that merges real-time action with strategic, command-based combat. For players who wish to focus purely on battle strategy, a menu-focused ‘Classic Mode’ provides a gameplay style more similar to the original game.

The Deluxe Edition, available to pre-order now, contains a hardback art book featuring stunning concept art, a soundtrack selection CD, Summon Materia DLC allowing players to summon Cactuar in game, and a Sephiroth SteelBook Case. The Digital Deluxe Edition contains a digital art book, a digital soundtrack selection, and Summon Materia DLC allowing players to summon Carbuncle and Cactuar in game.

Those who pre-order any version of the game will also receive the Chocobo Chick Summon Materia DLC at launch. Those who pre-order any digital edition from the PlayStation Store will also receive the Cloud & Sephiroth Dynamic Theme for the PlayStation 4 system.
    The new feature will thrill fans who prefer the original FINAL FANTASY turn-based battle systems to real-time combat.

The original FINAL FANTASY VII used the classic Active Time Battle (ATB) system. In that game, you would wait until an ATB gauge fills up, then initiate a command. Classic Mode recreates this style of gameplay for FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

It’s a different way to play to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE’s standard combat modes - which see you attacking, dodging and blocking in real-time to charge up the ATB bar and initiate a special action.

In Classic Mode, characters fight automatically, so the player can instead focus on selecting commands. It essentially turns the game into a classic menu-based RPG!
    https://www.square-enix-games.com/en...e-classic-mode
    https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/...605.1568050815

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

How is Tifa so damned perfect.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I can’t wait to see some of the later summons. Ifrit looked amazing.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast