Closed Thread
Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Was he in Independence day with Bill Paxton?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

No that was Dennis Quaid.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    So, I randomly checked out Maximillian's Twitch (he was playing Power Rangers and I was curious lol), but he was actually talking about this game, and I caught him talking about/reviewing the newest gameplay video. Anyway, he started talking about how the quality of the video doesn't do the game justice, and that even during Ifrit's final attack animation, with all the particle effects and everything, it held a steady 30fps. That's pretty awesome if that is how the whole game is gonna be. At the very least it better hold a steady 30fps.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/486080838?t=1h20m24s
    He's a HUGE FF7 fanboy (or fan, if you associate fanboy as a negative connotation) -- absolutely loves the series, so listening to him get passionate about it is pretty great. The dude's hype is genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    One of my biggest concerns is how they handle the series lifespan going into PS5, though if lauching the S2 or S3 on it doesn't make people buy a PS5, I don't know what will. Obviously will suck for those that stay on PS4, since you know PS5 will have a better experience.

GD that battle music is epic as Fuck though.
    Uncharted started out on the PS3 and ended on the PS4, so you could look at it as the same thing. Granted not the EXACT same thing, but the general idea. It wouldn't be uncommon. Start it with something 'small' (two blu-rays being small is laughable) with Midgar, then open up the PS5 with the next part as the launch title for Part 2 introducing the open world. That'd be pretty sick, not gonna lie.

Everything I've seen/read about the remake, though.. has been pretty solid. The only negative I can see is that it is split into parts, but if we're being real.. for them to really do this justice, there's no way they could fit everything the game possibly has to offer in just one game or it'd be huge AF. It was already a pretty big game in the old days, and if Midgar's gonna be nearly two discs worth of content.. at what did they say? 40-50 hours? Then holy cow at the rest of the game. It'll be crazy.

I'm so excited.

BG Level

Having watched that video I went from Nnnnnng to Hnnnnnnngh

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

For the record, as much as Max loves fighting games (and he does), FFVII is his favorite game of all time, bar none. Any hype you see on his face during those videos is 100% genuine. It must be truly fun to be a youtube and twitch star that literally gets paid to gush about your favorite game of all time, especially when you have an established audience and gimmick that are already super receptive to what you do.

I'd like to be him for a day just to feed off of that energy. Times like this have got to be enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    He's a HUGE FF7 fanboy (or fan, if you associate fanboy as a negative connotation) -- absolutely loves the series, so listening to him get passionate about it is pretty great. The dude's hype is genuine.
    Yeah, that clip of his where he tears up when he hears how the dev team uses his reveal trailer hype video as motivation is great.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Buy 2 Get 1 Free this back at Target this week. Some pre-orders are valid for the deal, including FFVII Remake, both standard and collector’s edition.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

He's got a hell of a range. I'd be down for it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

Hnnnnng

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I wish they would release the demo already, I'm itching to get my teeth into this!

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

With most of the big games of Spring already getting delayed, do we think this is going to suffer the same fate?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Honestly I doubt it. FF7R is being handled with more care than your typical release. SE is very aware how much is riding on this game. I don't think they chose the release date lightly. That being said, there's always a chance, and I would be 100% fine with a delay if it happens, because they're polishing the fuck out of this thing from what I'm hearing/seeing. I just hope they make that call sooner rather than later, because i am absolutely taking time off to play this. I won't see sunlight for days.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

A delay would be a PR nightmare imo

This is like their once chance to get it right lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Releasing it in installments is already tempering expectations. Another delay to what people were expecting would be awkward as fuck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

A delay would remind everyone that SE can’t get their development cycle in order and would definitely be cause for concern for the final product.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    A delay would remind everyone that SE can’t get their development cycle in order and would definitely be cause for concern for the final product.
    Maybe if it was delayed for 6 months or more, if it’s just a monthish then whatever, make it right.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I see now that FF13 was a test case for this type of game development, spreading it out over multiple games to tell some kind of story. The last two 13 games were much easier to develop for than the first, and it showed in the polish and end result. I dont mind delays but youd think they'd be better on top of it since this isnt their first rodeo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I see now that FF13 was a test case for this type of game development, spreading it out over multiple games to tell some kind of story. The last two 13 games were much easier to develop for than the first, and it showed in the polish and end result. I dont mind delays but youd think they'd be better on top of it since this isnt their first rodeo.
    I don't think XIII sequels was ever on the plan when they started the project. Only reason I figure -2/-3 had an easier dev time was because their engine was already done at that point and they had their workflow setup from years of fucking with XIII. That and -2 had a bit of asset recycling in the process.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast