BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    Going to this concert on Sunday:

https://www.royalalberthall.com/tick...ra-world-tour/

I wonder what the video scenes will show.
    I was gonna go, but got scared due to COVID so I had initial purchase jitters. Then when I finally gathered the courage to think "it might not be that bad" all tickets were sold out haha

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm going in Nov!

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just got a PS5 so I bought the DLC, but now I suck at the battle system because it's been so long and Ramuh is destroying me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I tried solo with just Yuffie and gave up and waited for... god I can’t remember his name lol, the other guy to turn up and do it as a duo. Still sucked at it but at least he distracted Ramuh while I healed up.

I’ve still got to finish the game in hard mode but I’m not really bothered if I don’t.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I tried solo with just Yuffie and gave up and waited for... god I can’t remember his name lol, the other guy to turn up and do it as a duo. Still sucked at it but at least he distracted Ramuh while I healed up.

I’ve still got to finish the game in hard mode but I’m not really bothered if I don’t.
    How's the concert? Unless your show is the evening one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It was excellent, I was at the 2pm performance (my view from the loggia seats):
    Spoiler: show
    There were some brief videos from various composers, namely Nobuo, scattered throughout the concert.

I particularly enjoyed the Shinra theme - so menacing and bombastic.

They finished with fan favourite One Winged Angel.

There was an orchestral version of Stand Up which I thought would have been better without the singing as it didn’t really suit using choral singers.

A singer called Ricardo Afonso (I think - the programme is at home) sang Hollow, was very good.

The video screen just showed FMV clips and some gameplay to accompany the music.

They even did a track from the Yuffie dlc, probably more as advertisement than anything else.

All in all I’d definitely go again, even if it was the same FF music.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

How crowded was the venue?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It was excellent, I was at the 2pm performance (my view from the loggia seats):
    There were some brief videos from various composers, namely Nobuo, scattered throughout the concert.

I particularly enjoyed the Shinra theme - so menacing and bombastic.

They finished with fan favourite One Winged Angel.

There was an orchestral version of Stand Up which I thought would have been better without the singing as it didn’t really suit using choral singers.

A singer called Ricardo Afonso (I think - the programme is at home) sang Hollow, was very good.

The video screen just showed FMV clips and some gameplay to accompany the music.

They even did a track from the Yuffie dlc, probably more as advertisement than anything else.

All in all I’d definitely go again, even if it was the same FF music.
    Thanks for sharing! I would love to hear Hollow being sung by someone else! That would've been a good highlight if I went.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    How crowded was the venue?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Tickets were sold out, but Laugana provided a photo in his post above that looks like it was taken either during intermission or he got there early (most people on stage is missing)

If that was the turn out then the tickets being sold out = a need to keep numbers down to reduce COVID risk I guess, so less tickets.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I think it was sold out but not all the seats were completely filled, I’d say around 80-90% full. And yeah that photo was right at the beginning when I got there. Here’s one 10mins before the start and another right after the performance began:

I only recorded like 17 secs of the intro, really wish I’d done more, the sound was amazing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Forgot to say, the orchestra was bathed in a blue light throughout the whole performance except for One Winged Angel when they used a red light.

Edit: just did a search on YouTube, Royal Albert Hall FF7R, there’s some vids up there if you want to take a gander.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I went to Royal Albert Hall for Distant Worlds and if I remember correctly it was also bathed in a blue and sometimes purple light, I guess it's just the usual thing there, not specific to event.

I took only one photo though back then and it was a close up of some massive Bard weapon lol, and wow it was 2 years and a bit ago:

https://twitter.com/KaiBondSin/statu...51541545574400

Examining your photo Laugana but I don't see it naturally, but did anyone cosplay? I had all sorts at Distant Worlds but since this one was FF7R specific I'd expected some focused cosplay!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I didn’t see any cosplay personally, just some peeps wearing cat ears. There could have been some around and I just didn’t see them.

The harp was used prominently in the intro at the beginning but I wasn’t close enough to see where it was.

What music did they play at the concert you went to?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've been to Distant Worlds 3x and each time had a random assortment of FF cosplays

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I didn’t see any cosplay personally, just some peeps wearing cat ears. There could have been some around and I just didn’t see them.

The harp was used prominently in the intro at the beginning but I wasn’t close enough to see where it was.

What music did they play at the concert you went to?
    Fair enough, no biggy was just curious.

Distant Worlds is a collection of the popular FF themes across all games. So when I went back in 2019 they predominantly played FFVII music (it's the most popular I guess, and/or to hype up the remake? If I remember correctly it was just a month or 2 before E3 where they completely revealed in its fully glory the new FFVII remake, though did they play the 2015 E3 Remake trailer to go with some of the music)

Opening - Bombing Mission, Main Theme, JENOVA COMPLETE, Aerith's Theme, Cosmo Canyon, JENOVA, One-Winged Angel (twice!)

However, oddly enough, Susan Calloway was present and if I remember correctly she sang both Answers and Dragonsong on stage (if not, at least Answers for sure). Rikki was also present and sang FFX's song.

I believe in other concerts the playlist shifts a bit, so what we got there would be slightly different elsewhere. i.e. I know our friends over in America had FFXV tunes from Yoko Shimomura herself, but we didn't get that. So I guess it's a portion dependent on who is available! Also elsewhere I saw Liberi Fatali (FF8 Opening theme) being played, I was quite jealous of that, it would be awesome to hear it live!

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I feel like we had Liberi Fatali every time I went lol. Got to see Nobuo himself one of the times!

he did Dark World with himself on piano and Arnie on violin and it was amaaaaazing

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Final Fantasy VII: Remake (II) - You're Gonna Need A PS5 Now

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    However, oddly enough, Susan Calloway was present and if I remember correctly she sang both Answers and Dragonsong on stage (if not, at least Answers for sure). Rikki was also present and sang FFX's song.
    Freaking nice!

Went to see distant worlds when they were at Carnegie Hall a few years back and knowing what I know now about FF14 I would love to hear Dragonsong next time around.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    So I'm finally getting around going for the platinum on this and doing all the chapters on hardmode. Was looking to see if anyone has any tips or advice or like a video I should watch about doing the Shinra simulator fight againsts the summons and that robot?? I kinda want to beat that before so I can use the Gottermadung(sp????) during my hardmode chapter runs
    A bit late, but its generally easy enough. A big thing is making sure to stagger when it's useful. Staggering when you have no ATB or limits won't do you much good, but doing it while prepared can end or nearly end the fight. Tifa is great for jacking up the stagger bonus, I'd recommend using her if you're familiar. Aerith with arcane? ward is great for double casting to help stagger or pressure the enemies. Knowing when to dodge/block/ability/position to cancel an enemy's attack makes a massive difference.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

A perusal of reddit last night showed that there were some cosplayers at the concert, one person came as Cloud wearing one of the dresses from Honeybee.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The last DW i went to, i totally lost my shit when Susan Calloway sang Answers. The previous times i went in St. Petersburg, the Opera of Maria and Draco from VI played with opera singers. Susan Calloway in the Miami shows i went to sang Eyes on Me, Melodies of Life, Answers, i believe there was one more but i can’t remember it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Got PS5 so had to check out intermission. Playing as Yuffie was very cool, but now I'll be angry because I no longer have a platinum on the game. Fuck trying to get 50k on the damn mini game with the crazy targeting

Edit: of course after I complained I cleared it in the next 10 min, lol. But that's mainly thanks to a better guide on yt than I used before