+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Like still my biggest gripe about Zendaya in Spider-Man is she doesn't dye her hair for the role.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Would a Red hair/Wig look good? I think it'd be more "iconic" when you think about the Little Mermaid in terms of pop culture, but at the same time I just don't know if I wouldn't prefer her natural hair color especially when you consider the converting cartoon to real life.

That said, It kiiinda worked with Starfire?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

MJ not having red hair is not as bad as ariel not having red hair imo. It doesnt need to be neon saturation red like in the cartoon, but even a realistic red is required imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Imagine acting and singing your whole entire life, becoming famous as a teen, then auditioning for a role, and beating everyone else there

Only for mouth breathers like Draylo to complain that the role was just given to you because the color of your skin, over some idea of reverse racism

The irony is fucking loco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mouth breather for my opinion, okay lol. My opinion has nothing to do with race, its about consistency. If they changed her to a white man I'd have the same opinion. Also lets not pretend it wasn't done as a publicity stunt to attract a certain crowd or drum up controversy, its a popular Disney character and they knew what they were doing. My OPINION, because people seem to freak out thinking I make laws or something, is related to remakes and the question brought up in this thread. I gave my OPINION on remakes and said I don't like when they change established characters from their popular movies that the remake is based off of (I know she was green as was said a million times, aint nobody remembers that as the Ariel we know.)

jUST MaKE oRiGInAL BlACK rOLES

yeah cuz Hollywood is just clamoring to take risks on black writers, actors, and original stories. The field is just ripe for opportunity. Those blacks need to stop being lazy and get their stories budgeted

Your privilege is showing my guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They have plenty of times and its been successful, I just listed two earlier in the thread. If it is what people want, it will make money and people will go see it. Don't forcefully change established characters to try and get a controversy going.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

none of the Lannisters were blonde

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The extra space in the title of this thread is triggering me so hard

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    (I know she was green as was said a million times, aint nobody remembers that as the Ariel we know.)

Because you personally saw her as white. Kids nowadays will see her as black. Just like kids our grandparents age saw her as green. Just because our age group grew up with something, doesn't mean thats the way it has to be forever.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Because you personally saw her as white. Kids nowadays will see her as black. Just like kids our grandparents age saw her as green. Just because our age group grew up with something, doesn't mean thats the way it has to be forever.
    Okay and that is your opinion, see how easy that is? Also no, not personally, almost all the world? Go anywhere, see any adaptation of Ariel and she looks the same. Look at TV series, Once upon a time, she looks the same. Look at all the movies and sequels they made, she looks the same. It doesn't have to be that way forever, it's their property and they can change whatever the hell they want. Don't also pretend they don't specifically look for characters that match their original counterparts, its not racist its part of making the illusion. Most specifically the series Once upon a time, they tried to be as true to the originals as possible.

My opinion is that it's dumb and I'd rather the original look for the characters that I liked seeing, that's it simply and nothing to do with race. They do this for so many movies now, it's like they are just creating new characters. It's as if the next X-men movies they will make Wolverine a woman and say its girl power while ignoring the fans that want to see the original character.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    none of the Lannisters were blonde
    Linsey Lohan kept her red hair for the Parent Trap, when clearly Hayley Mills had blonde hair. I'm so furious.

BG Level

They did make Wolverine a woman, her name is Laura Kinney aka X-23.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Most specifically the series Once upon a time, they tried to be as true to the originals as possible.
    Mulan was gay in the tv show.

BG Level

I guess I don't see the issue with an actor of a race we're not used to seeing in the role play a character when race has nothing to do with that character. It's weird to me that it matters to you.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Mulan was gay in the tv show.
    What does that have to do with her appearance?

I guess I don't see the issue with an actor of a race we're not used to seeing in the role play a character when race has nothing to do with that character. It's weird to me that it matters to you.
    Great opinion, look we can all have one. It's how a forum works, imagine that.

BG Level

Uh in Once Upon a Time Rumplestiltskin was The Beast, Jack was a woman, Captain Hook was a misunderstood hero, Peter Pan was Rumplestiltskin's dad and the main villain, a bunch of other stuff I don't even remember. They changed a ton in that show.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

What does that have to do with her appearance?
    So it's just skin tone with you? Yeah, that's not racist at all.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Sebastian was played by Titus Burgess in the Broadway musical.

But I don't think anyone is complaining about species/race. Oh wait. That's what is going on.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Draylo, this pretty much eviscerates any argument you've made thus far. If you preferred the white depiction of ariel, that's one thing, but you're acting like this is egregious and how could anyone do this to ariel when the ariel you prefer did this exact same thing to the original ariel. Like, cmon man

Cmon

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Uh in Once Upon a Time Rumplestiltskin was The Beast, Jack was a woman, Captain Hook was a misunderstood hero, Peter Pan was Rumplestiltskin's dad and the main villain, a bunch of other stuff I don't even remember. They changed a ton in that show.
    Appearance, wipe the slober off your mouth as you look for anything to attack me with. I have a black friend okay?

They all looked like their counterparts in the cartoons etc. Hell, they even made Ursula black and I loved her portrayal. One of my favorite series except season 7 which I dislike and not because Cinderella was latina or whatever but because it sucked. My point is, they were mostly consistent and I enjoyed it more for that aspect.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Also if we're gonna talk about appearances in the show.

This:

looks nothing like this:

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

They all looked like their counterparts in the cartoons etc. Hell, they even made Ursula black
    Except...Ursula isn't black...so you just countered your own argument...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag