+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Draylo, this pretty much eviscerates any argument you've made thus far. If you preferred the white depiction of ariel, that's one thing, but you're acting like this is egregious and how could anyone do this to ariel when the ariel you prefer did this exact same thing to the original ariel. Like, cmon man

Cmon

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    No, I simply gave my opinion that I didn't like it when they do this for controversy and change the original character. That's all, its not egregious and Disney can do whatever the hell they want. I probably won't see it because the last few live movies have sucked ass.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Except...Ursula isn't black...so you just countered your own argument...
    Explain this then, checkmate bigot

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Appearance, wipe the slober off your mouth as you look for anything to attack me with. I have a black friend okay?

They all looked like their counterparts in the cartoons etc. Hell, they even made Ursula black and I loved her portrayal. One of my favorite series except season 7 which I dislike and not because Cinderella was latina or whatever but because it sucked. My point is, they were mostly consistent and I enjoyed it more for that aspect.
    I'd say changing the Beast to be Rumplestiltskin is a pretty huge appearance deviation. I only watched the first 3 seasons.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Sp Draylo, you never commented on my Morgan freeman statement. Are you just so outraged they casted him in Shawshank?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Except...Ursula isn't black...so you just countered your own argument...
    Last I checked, you can't have purple people but keep trying. Obviously its impossible to get it as close to picture perfect as possible, but you can see the effort they did.

I'd say changing the Beast to be Rumplestiltskin is a pretty huge appearance deviation. I only watched the first 3 seasons.
    Rumple was not the character, the Beast, he took the role from the original but he isn't the same character so why would he have the same appearance?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Also Once Upon a Time was not a good show.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Explain this then, checkmate bigot

In the cartoon, nutbar. There's nothing to give her race at all (since she's purple, and, well, an octopus. So she's pretty non-race specific at all.

Only race-related thing about her is she is voiced by a white lady (not to say that means she can't be another race, but that is literally all we have to go off of.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Last I checked, you can't have purple people
    Can't have mermaids either, yet here we are.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

You know exactly what I'm talking about, you're just being a dick to try and insinuate that I'm a racist which I'm not. When people went into X-men movies, and saw their popular comic characters on the big screen, they were critiquing EVERYTHING down to the costumes. It's the same concept.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Also Once Upon a Time was not a good show.

I loved it

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

You know exactly what I'm talking about, you're just being a dick to try and insinuate that I'm a racist which I'm not. When people went into X-men movies, and saw their popular comic characters on the big screen, they were critiquing EVERYTHING down to the costumes. It's the same concept.
    And their opinions were dumb, too. Just because they exist, don't make them right.

Noticed how you are ignoring both my Hook and Freeman comment. Care to address them yet?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Hook looks like the cartoon, they had an artistic take on it but if I saw him I would think of the original character. The show took quite a few artistic takes on many different characters. Much of the time the wicked witch wasn't green, etc. My point in bringing up that series is they tried to closely mimic the image of those characters. For example, Ariel is in there and looks like her cartoon counterpart with red hair etc.

You act like I'm here nerd raging about every single character that any movie ever changed. I simply wrote my opinion and in came the bandwagon of people to assault me for it and claim I'm a racist. So I'm here defending my right to leave an opinon lol. I don't think its stupid, people want to see what resembles something they've grown to love. Why is it stupid if the X-men are close to their comic counterparts? I think you're the one being oppressive thinking your opinion is the only one that matters.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thinking someone else's opinion is wrong is pretty much how opinions work. You can think what you want. Other people disagree (their opinion) and are explaining why they don't agree with yours (omg a forum).

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Thinking Ursula is black is pretty on point for the rest of his comments lol

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I didn't "think" Ursula was black, she is portrayed by a black woman in that series is all I said and that I liked it.

Thinking someone else's opinion is wrong is pretty much how opinions work. You can think what you want. Other people disagree (their opinion) and are explaining why they don't agree with yours (omg a forum).
    No actually, it isn't. Everyone is allowed opinions, you can disagree but to label someone a racist is entirely different.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

White supremacists think other races are inferior. It's their opinion. But they're still fucking racist.

You don't get to use "muh opinion" as a shield for shitty beliefs.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    White supremacists think other races are inferior. It's their opinion. But they're still fucking racist.

You don't get to use "muh opinion" as a shield for shitty beliefs.
    Kylo dropping truth bombs

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I didn't "think" Ursula was black, she is portrayed by a black woman in that series is all I said and that I liked it.

No actually, it isn't. Everyone is allowed opinions, you can disagree but to label someone a racist is entirely different.
    Your opinion is that the little mermaid should be white instead of black or green. Their opinion is that this makes you racist.

How is this not exactly how opinions work? IT doesn't mean you actually are racist, just that they think that. It doesn't mean that the little mermaid has to be white, just that you think that.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It has nothing to do with race, what don't you get about that? They did this for an agenda, not to please fans. Granted, I don't care much for the little mermaid but I have an opinion I placed earlier in the thread and that was it until the blood thirsty crowd came in.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Your opinion is that the little mermaid should be white instead of black or green. Their opinion is that this makes you racist.

How is this not exactly how opinions work? IT doesn't mean you actually are racist, just that they think that. It doesn't mean that the little mermaid has to be white, just that you think that.
    My opinion is that she should be true to her popular portrayal. Just as I would say for any character of a remake of a cartoon. If the first time they remade X-men and they made Storm a white woman and took away her iconic features like her hair etc, I would complain too. How does that have anything to do with race?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag