FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Here is a better source at reddit from NHk.https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/201...998921000.html.
    The Google translate of that article makes reading some of that tough.

Finally found Vinland Saga on Amazon prime and watched the first 3 episodes and it's one gorgeous anime. This summer season is going to be one of the best seasons of anime I've watched in a long time. So many good shows and it's just getting started.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-49055468

34th person has died from the Kyoto Animation team. There are new reports that the arson was spotted scouting the building days ahead of the attack. Also, to add insult to injury, the building lacked sprinklers.

One woman told Kyodo news agency that she spotted a man resembling Mr Aoba close to the KyoAni building on Monday. She said the man was carrying two boxes that appeared to contain petrol cans.

Two students also reported seeing a man on Wednesday evening dressed similarly to the suspect. One of the students said the man resembled Mr Aoba and was lying on a bench approximately 500m (1640ft) away from the office.

Kyodo news agency said firefighters had found the door to the roof was shut, leaving people trapped inside. A Kyoto fire official also told Reuters news agency that the building did not have any sprinklers or indoor fire hydrants - but did not need them to comply with Japan's fire code.

WTF kind of code is that Japan? You can legit have a building without fire suppression? wtf.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Tragedy aside, assuming they were working under the conditions the Anime industry is notorious for, this is starting to sound like some death trap straight out of Bangladesh.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Petitssk View Post
    Tragedy aside, assuming they were working under the conditions the Anime industry is notorious for, this is starting to sound like some death trap straight out of Bangladesh.
    They were amongst the best paid and treated in the industry. Their wages were higher than most other studios.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    They were amongst the best paid and treated in the industry. Their wages were higher than most other studios.
    At least that base is covered, then, very good to know.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Japan has really shitty fire code, and I don't really understand why; the building only had one entrance + it was a gasoline fire, which burn hotter and faster then typical fires, so there was almost no chance for anyone to escape. They also lost everything, so unless stuff was backed up on a cloud, it's all gone. Wouldn't be surprised if the company folds, due to loss of talent and assets.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Summer 2019 Anime

Japan’s construction industry is one of the most notoriously corrupt in the world. It’s NYC on steroids. I remember reading an article stating something ridiculous like at least 30% of all new business buildings going up is a yakuza front.

It’s the same with their combat sports and why it’s almost always a freakshow with mismatches, fixed matches, and fighters juiced to the gills.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anyone read the DanMachi light novels? I just finished Shield Bro (whatever is translated so far at least) and wanted to start something new. So I was wondering if it was any good? Does DanMachi cover stats and abilities and etc kind of like how Shield Bro does?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Anyone read the DanMachi light novels? I just finished Shield Bro (whatever is translated so far at least) and wanted to start something new. So I was wondering if it was any good? Does DanMachi cover stats and abilities and etc kind of like how Shield Bro does?
    Danmachi is pretty good as a light novel, it does do the stat thing in the pictures usually near the end of each book to show changes that happened within each volume, but overall so far they've been good, i'm on Volume 10 sof ar and I think this season so far has dealt with volume 6 so far and I think it'll do volume 7 at least also :O

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Symphogear XV Episode 5

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Infinity Train Ep 8 this was legitimately dark and heartbreaking.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Infinity Train Ep 8 this was legitimately dark and heartbreaking.
    Well damn. Didn't expect that from a CN base show. Will have to check this out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    Danmachi is pretty good as a light novel, it does do the stat thing in the pictures usually near the end of each book to show changes that happened within each volume, but overall so far they've been good, i'm on Volume 10 sof ar and I think this season so far has dealt with volume 6 so far and I think it'll do volume 7 at least also :O
    Sorry I missed this reply until now. I just started reading them myself and yeah, I'm at volume 10 too lol. Really enjoyable read so far. Volume 10 almost reads more like a collection of short stories with how each chapter focuses on a specific character.

Also, if any of you aren't watching Kimetsu no Yaiba, do yourselves a favour and start now. Today's episode was amazing. The animation is over the top gorgeous, the music was perfect, the story just wonderful. Gorgeous, gorgeous storytelling and anime. With Carole and Tuesday kind of falling off a little, KnY has easily become my favourite show that's airing at the moment.

Kimetsu no Yaiba is next level.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Kimetsu no Yaiba is next level.

Symphogear XV Episode 6

LMAO I didn't expect to see a reference to breast missiles. the grand tradition of the ladies of Mazinger Z.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yep, that Yaiba ending was fun as hell

I'm gonna go a different direction and give Vinland Saga a thumbs up. Beautiful animation and art, and the story is uhh...Japanese Vikings?