+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanos shows up in the last few episodes of season 4 but is only mentioned by name. But yeah, after the snap, it went it’s own way.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Fury 100% got the helicarrier from them in Ultron, it was an ongoing plotline in the show before the movie even came out. Even though Fury left it vague in the movies and said he only got it from a friend.
    That's kind of my point though, is that the MCU treated it like a bastard stepchild. It was never going to be as integrated as something from D+ like FatWS, but the MCU (at best) actively downplayed any connection or reference to it, making it essentially a one-way relationship. AoS could use MCU events to try to build hype/attract ratings, but they couldn't have any meaningful impact on the MCU.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah, they definitely just had him say they got it from old friends so they could leave themselves an out.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think that's because Marvel dropped support for anything that isn't full Disney profit if they could get away with it, which is how AoS is. If it was a Disney+ show from the start, it would likely be canon and still canon.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Other then Mutant Enemy (Whedon's production company) being part of it, AoS was entirely a Disney product.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    I think that's because Marvel dropped support for anything that isn't full Disney profit if they could get away with it, which is how AoS is. If it was a Disney+ show from the start, it would likely be canon and still canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Other then Mutant Enemy (Whedon's production company) being part of it, AoS was entirely a Disney product.
    mmmmmmmm yes, but it was also a Marvel Television product. Besides Disney's tenuous relationship with Loeb, it was also tied to Isaac Perlmutter who was historically against social change which didn't vibe with Disney's all-inclusionary path.

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Anything that involved Jeph Loeb in production is no longer considered canon.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

To be fair, we still don't know how important the events of WV or FatWS are going to be.

The events of WV are probably going to actually matter (since she now has kids and Vision is sorta back), but prior to FatWS, the last time we saw Sam, Steve was giving him the shield and passing on the mantle. Cut out the events of the show and he's still, more or less, in the same place. I'll be shocked if we ever hear of the GRC or any of the conflicts of FatWS again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Are we even sure the kids are "real", or just a product of her original hex?

Ridill
    BG Level

The kids are Mephisto.

But seriously, maybe at least something is using the voices to get Wanda to do something stupid like free some entity from another dimension.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    It wasn't published on Disney+ though. As soon as Disney+ was in the serious works they pulled the plug on all their shows, really. Which is why none of the Netflix series got past season 2 aside from Daredevil (the first and so ahead on the schedule). Fair chance we'll see those heroes come to Disney+ soon enough, possibly with the same actors, too. Disney just wants full control and profit.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You know who owns ABC right?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

But they want to sell Disney+ subscriptions.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: Midnight Sons Film in Development
    Cast Includes Doctor Strange, Moon Knight, Blade, Hannibal King, Daimon Hellstrom, Ghost Rider, and the Scarlet Witch

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021...arvel-studios/

Ghost Rider is supposedly being introduced in Dr Strange 2, while Hannibal King & Daimon Hellstrom would be introduced in Blade.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So is all the stuff from the old Marvel TV just non Canon now?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Indeed

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I would call it comic book canon. It's canon until its retconned

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I miss when movies had their own thing and post credits were the setup. Now every movie sets up other movies by introducing characters instead of giving them a movie and crossing them over.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I miss when movies had their own thing and post credits were the setup. Now every movie sets up other movies by introducing characters instead of giving them a movie and crossing them over.
    Aside from Avengers, what are you referencing?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Aside from Avengers, what are you referencing?
    That's pretty much all I'm referencing. The first sets of movies pre-IW were about bringing folks together through common enemies, as opposed to introducing new characters and having them split up. This was evident in the introduction of Spider-Man and Black Panther in Civil War, which established them in movies that then we're spun into solo franchises to build them further. We didn't get to grow with them similar to Iron Man or Cap because they didn't get to have build up then bring together.

That didn't make their movies terrible, but for me at least it did make it harder to care about them compared to the others because I had only the team movies to compare them to. Look at Ant Man - his solo film established him so that you could see him in Civil War and go "yea I could see Scott doing this" instead of OMG THEY INTRODUCED ANT MAN.

Like, imagine if Reed Richards got introduced in WandaVision and then F4 had their own movie. That might be cool. But then if they randomly appeared in Infinity War with all their powers and abilities their solo movie loses impact.

I want to get hyped about characters through what made the MCU great: make a great solo film and integrate them into the greater story. I worry they'll end up doing what DCU does: introduce shit then explain it later in solo movies that don't connect.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Not everyone wants to see another origin film. It's refreshing having a film where a character has already been established and can jump right into their adventures.

Edit: You're getting Shang-Chi and Eternals with no previous builds. So the practice is not dead.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag