+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And that'll do it, folks. The draft is complete, with two days to spare - the longest delay was on me, so no complaints there.

Teams:
    Headspace: Jordan, Joss, Wes, Kayleigh, Nicole
    Valisk: CT, Bananas, Leroy, Ninja Natalie, Idris
    Byrd: Kyle, Turbo, Ashley, Nany, Tula Big T
    Moss: Laurel, Georgia, Rogan, Tori, Dee
    Xno Kappa; Bear, Theo, Kam, Zahida, Sean
    Vil: Paulie, Cara Maria, Jennifer, Zach, Josh

Free Agents: Faith, Esther

Judging from the free agents list, I think we've discovered something about ourselves.

I would expect more points this year, as I believe all episodes are 90 minutes, meaning we should see more time for shenanigans. Which I think is a nice solution, assuming each episode still has one daily competition and one elimination.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

They're all 90? I thought that was just something they were doing for the premiere, but that's cool if all season. Last season was really hurting for time during some of the early-middle portions and could have used that.

Of course this means it'll probably be 20 minutes devoted to watching CT/Turbo/Dee/Natalie working out and watching live footage from the house until they enter the game.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    They're all 90? I thought that was just something they were doing for the premiere, but that's cool if all season. Last season was really hurting for time during some of the early-middle portions and could have used that.
    I read it on Reality Blurred.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityBlurred
    The new season premieres Aug. 28, airing Wednesdays at 9, with 90-minute episodes.
    The first paragraph of this Hollywood Life article seems to indicate the same thing. In different words, too, which adds credence to the story that's it not just a copy & pasted error.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Real World / Challenge has been around long enough that not only have its alumni run for and been elected to Congress, they're old enough to be retiring from Congress. Maybe he's going to come back for War of the Worlds 3 - Conservatives vs. Liberals.

Side note: dude has 9 (!) kids.

GATTACA!

BG Level

How was Faith terrible in her season? I'm not taking her, so I don't really care, but that's a little harsh for someone who had a decent rookie season and kinda maybe got a littler screwed (I'm not even talking about Kyle).

She's a weird inclusion on this season when they stacked that team the way they did. The other two are weird inclusions as well. Esther is on a youtube show or something? I tried watching a video and was like "what the hell is this?" and Josh is Josh.

But, I saw a verbal argument in that trailer, and I'm going to go for free points. Will he smash pots before/after/during it? Will he break something? Will he cry uncontrollably after?

Gimme Josh.
    How about an extremely cringey, desperate attempt to get a girl to sleep with him, like he did with Amanda?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Dude just wanted to figure out a way to promote team unity. He's all in it for the team!

Personally, I took his lame attempt as just a goofy, light-hearted moment on a show that is quite often overwhelmed by absolute terrible people doing terrible things. I'd take that scene over a majority of non-challenge/elimination related stuff they deem important/interesting enough to make the broadcast.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Dude just wanted to figure out a way to promote team unity. He's all in it for the team!

Personally, I took his lame attempt as just a goofy, light-hearted moment on a show that is quite often overwhelmed by absolute terrible people doing terrible things. I'd take that scene over a majority of non-challenge/elimination related stuff they deem important/interesting enough to make the broadcast.
    Oh I'm glad it made the show, I just found it to be terribly cringey

He was basically trying to turn them bonding as a team into sex. Then he told her he loved her or something when they lost lol

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Well that sucked lol. Should’ve just went with Josh when I had the chance.

Other than that an excellent first episode. I love the ability to change allegiance twist.

BG Level

Josh shot his shot. Looks like there's more of that to come this season. What a star! As ridiculous an episode as that was for him, Rogan and Dee? Moss will be happy.

Cool idea being able to switch teams. Will reserve judgement on some of the rest til seeing how it works going forward. I just think of the Troika from whatever season that was being such crap, but maybe this will be more similar to last season's when it gets going. Being able to vote someone from either team is wild too.

That poor kid, who's clearly never seen the Challenge, having to deal with Wes at that Tribunal. Pretty good returns from Jordan and Laurel, and pretty stupid hat for Bananas.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, that was an interesting first episode. Georgia and Josh having a romance? Would never have predicted that.

Moss off to a solid start based on his Dee and Rogan coitus points.

Feel free to check the spreadsheet for errors, it's pretty common to have translation mistakes between one season and the next. I think I found them all, but who knows?

Scoring for the Week:

Spoiler: show
    Standings:
    Moss 95 5
    Vil 80 5
    Valisk 70 5
    Byrd 45 5
    Headspace 45 5
    Xno Kappa 30 4
    UFA 20 2

Individual Scoring:
    US team wins challenge (10)
    Georgia and Josh kissing (5)
    CT and Josh yelling at each other (5)
    CT and Josh both getting security on camera (5)
    Dee and Rogan coitus points (20)
    Idris wins elimination (15)
    Dee confessional cleavage award (5)

BG Level

I don’t even think Zahida had a single confessional. I’m gonna struggle this season lol.

BG Level

To some degree, I think you can chalk that up to the girls not being up for elimination. Besides Laurel, who was in the Tribunal and was a big return, and Dee who really hit the ground running, there wasn't a ton of focus on the ladies once they started getting into the challenge, etc. The usual camera hogs were kind of downplayed unless they were needed.

One of my favorite random scenes was that awkward one with (I think) Leroy, Ashley, Nany, Cara, and Paulie. Episode is 3/4 over and they're just sitting in the room thinking "uh, does anybody have any idea what's going on with this? Shouldn't the team have had a talk?" Sometimes people simply aren't part of the action.

While I'd been hoping for a team challenge for a while, I was thinking maybe more like Cuthroat, rather than US vs. UK. The constant jokes/references about that got old within about 10 minutes of the start. However, I'll make an exception for Jordan hilariously referring to what Wes was doing as "treason".

GATTACA!

BG Level

I'm slow AF but finally had a chance to watch the premier

Dee has... interesting taste in men. I'm predicting a shitshow since she already mentioned that she's jealous and possessive and already told Rogan they are exclusive lol. I'd still marry her tho

Georgia and Josh is the most wtf thing ever but ok. I get the nice guy rebound (assuming Josh is "nice"?) after Bear

How tragic that Bear doesn't have any allies. I don't think he'll last long

Laurel was back with a vengeance doing smart Laurel things, fuck yeah. Jordan too, missed having them around

I think I'm on board with the format, especially the team-switch mechanic. Curious how they will handle if US keeps winning and their team stays way larger than Brits

New guy Sean was waaaaay too nice and earnest, it was reaching cringe levels for how bad I felt for him.

Almost forgot to mention - the suggested Laurel+Bear romance could be the greatest thing of all time.

BG Level

"Faith quit too." (3 second flashback) "Moving on." I wonder what wasn't shown though. Would they really have security in there just for banging pots and pans seemingly not even in the room?

0-2 in challenges and Kayleigh wants one of the stronger girls to leave over one of the weakest... in a team challenge. Good thing she's friends with "Kam with a plan"! Did seriously nobody even talk about who to nominate for the round? Or were they like me and think that they'd have a top 3 earn spots or something and not have something reminiscent of that terrible troika format from vendettas or whatever that was.

Can they have a lot of Josh in the previews when it's not guy's elimination day coming up please? I have no idea what next week's challenge is supposed to be, but I think that was in the season preview and I thought it looked awesome then.

Leroy being all "what?" at Turbo during the challenge cracked me up.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

"Faith quit too." (3 second flashback) "Moving on." I wonder what wasn't shown though. Would they really have security in there just for banging pots and pans seemingly not even in the room?
    Yeah, there was pretty clearly something more egregious going on there. Security was involved even before the cameras were there. Dumb move by Faith.

Then again, she quit the next day. I think she just wasn't cut out for the Challenge, I can't imagine we'll see her again. Faith was an unsigned free agent, so she doesn't affect anything. Zahida left for legit reasons, so Xno loses her, but can pick up someone else. Lucky Faith left this episode, so there's no decision - he gets Esther.

Standings:

Moss 160 5
    Vil 145 5
    Valisk 125 5
    Byrd 95 4
    Headspace 95 5
    Xno Kappa 55 4

Scoring this Week:
    Team USA wins in a landslide (10)
    Wes gets medical attention, but that is not an ambulance, technically. (5)
    Faith somehow gets security on camera (5)
    Faith went home for pansy ass reasons (-25)
    Georgia gets confessional cleavage award (5)
    Georgia wins elimination (15)

Scoring by Contestants, to date:

Josh 45 VIL
    Dee 35 MOSS
    Georgia 35 MOSS
    Wes 35 HEAD
    Ashley 30 BYRD
    Bananas 30 VALISK
    Cara Maria 30 VIL
    Jordan 30 HEAD
    Kam 30 XNO
    Laurel 30 MOSS
    Leroy 30 VALISK
    Nany 30 BYRD
    Paulie 30 VIL
    Rogan 30 MOSS
    Tori 30 MOSS
    Zach 30 VIL
    Idris 25 VALISK
    CT 20 VALISK
    Natalie 20 VALISK
    Turbo 20 BYRD
    Bear 10 XNO
    Esther 10 XNO
    Jennifer 10 VIL
    Joss 10 HEAD
    Kayleigh 10 HEAD
    Kyle 10 BYRD
    Nicole 10 HEAD
    Theo 10 XNO
    Faith 5 HOME
    Tula 5 BYRD
    Zahida 5 XNO
    Sean 0 XNO

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

RIP Zahida confessionals

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Zahida left for legit reasons, so Xno loses her, but can pick up someone else. Lucky Faith left this episode, so there's no decision - he gets Esther.
    I suppose Xno could sit on that pick on the off chance someone shows up to replace Zahida and/or Faith, but unless I hear otherwise, he gets Esther starting next week.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I've enjoyed both episodes, good drama and infighting so far. But the disparity between the two teams has been a big weakness. Hopefully that turns around
    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    RIP Zahida confessionals
    A crushing blow. I don't think we got a single one before she left either

Also Tori has underrated confessional titties

BG Level

Challenge 34: War of the Worlds 2

Doesn’t seem like they’re getting replacement for zahida unfortunately so I guess I’m stuck with Esther.

As far as team disparity, I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull a Survivor. Whenever there’s a dominant or an extremely weak tribe they either swap players or merge them altogether.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    But the disparity between the two teams has been a big weakness. Hopefully that turns around
    For fantasy purposes only, I'd hope it doesn't. As a viewer, I'd like to see things have at least some semblance of balance, but I don't know if it'll hurt the season that much unless it gets really out of control.

This casting would probably end up with a horrible season if it were another format. With what we have, there's two different types of drama that could pop up on opposite sides. There's already been signs of too many cooks on the US side. The UK side seems to have people already showing frustration about being blown out in these challenges for one reason or another. To me this looks like a ripe situation for someone to jump to the other team.

One thing I've wondered is if it would be good if they had to pick the spokesperson and/or the tribunal before the challenge. Win and you're the tribunal, lose and you're in the arena/only people that can be voted for. You face the issue of people throwing, especially since the other side would be voting someone too, so I don't know.

As far as team disparity, I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull a Survivor. Whenever there’s a dominant or an extremely weak tribe they either swap players or merge them altogether.
    You can't cast the teams the way they did and not expect it to be like this. They also made a point that someone that switches team stays there the whole game, so I think that if anything they would expect things to work itself out naturally with people being able to jump teams and tribunal being able to vote anybody.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast