+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Shame that Theo had to go out like that. I did love when he told team UK he was going to switch teams or just throw the final for them.

Then Rogan is like "hey not cool man" and Theo is like "what the fuck do I care you guys throw me in anyway!"

It just sucks that it doesn't look like the game will last long enough for the big alliance to start eating itself

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

After Amanda/Zach a couple seasons ago, I would be surprised if there's a tie any time soon in a public vote situation, even if sides are clear cut and there's a house/team divided like the time of Wes/Laurel/Bananas eliminations this season. Even then, TJ has offered someone to change their vote (Ashley Cain last season), so whatever. Josh is a goober, but I just kind of roll my eyes at Paulie and Cara bringing him into things or overreacting to any little thing he does. But hey, they found their target, so hopefully it makes those two feel better about themselves.

Nany is an enigma to me. She started last season with a good energy, kind of faded into oblivion for a while outside of hooking up with Hunter, and then resurfaced again to panic when her back was to the wall. In terms of the general trajectory, that's what this season feels like too. She'd probably fare a lot better on shorter seasons, but the midseason blues hit her harder than most.

BG Level

Yeah, I hate almost everyone now.

Is Rogan a sociopath or something? People taking all the money at the end of a season is what they'll always give attention to, but this was straight up dirty even with it not happening. The idea that these conversations are taking place and Kayleigh isn't being mentioned in them is just astonishing, but I guess I get it in this sense. Using the proper Challenge terminology, these guys are too big of pussies to vote in Kayleigh and they know that the other side won't do it.

When CT sat down and started screwing around, I looked at the time remaining on my recording and rolled my eyes.

Truly impressive showing by Tori there. That's not a gigantic upset, but it still is one. I feel as though when there's a real upset in one of those, it's because of bad form (usually someone being too upright) but Jenny stayed low and Tori just seemed to go at her at a good angle and a full head of steam.

The one positive I'll say about this episode was basically from the first 10 minutes. Zach toast > Bananas toast. Also, it was nice to see Nany actually genuinely happy. At times I don't think much of her as a player in the game, but I do sort of find her fascinating in a way because she seems more "human" than most of these challenge-bots that join up for every season.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Brits seem to keep trying to make their team weaker. I mean, trying to get rid of Dee made sense, but that didn't work out. What are they doing? I understand some rookie ability, but come on, CT. You know better. I understand blowouts happen, but it would be nice to have a little more cohesive strategy.

Standings:
    Spoiler: show
    Vil 845 4
    Moss 755 3
    Byrd 590 2
    Valisk 550 3
    Headspace 525 3
    Xno Kappa 475 1
    UFA 5 0

Scoring Notes:
    Tori and Jordan kissing upon returning to the house (5)
    Rogan threatened to throw the challenge (-5)
    CT Throwing a challenge (-10)
    US wins challenge (10)
    Nany yelling at people (5)
    Dee screaming AND crying (10)
    Tori wins elimination (15)

We finally have a new leader for points for the year. Pussychicken passed his nemesis.

Contestants Scores to Date:
    Jordan 215 HEAD GAME
    Turbo 210 BYRD HOME
    Josh 200 VIL GAME
    Tori 195 MOSS GAME
    Paulie 190 VIL GAME
    Dee 185 MOSS GAME
    Nany 175 BYRD GAME
    Georgia 170 MOSS HOME
    Kam 170 XNO GAME
    Natalie 165 VALISK GAME
    Cara Maria 160 VIL GAME
    Leroy 160 VALISK GAME
    Theo 160 XNO HOME
    Ashley 155 BYRD GAME
    Rogan 155 MOSS GAME
    Zach 155 VIL GAME
    Jenny 140 VIL HOME
    Joss 115 HEAD GAME
    CT 110 VALISK GAME
    Kayleigh 110 HEAD GAME
    Bear 90 XNO HOME
    Idris 65 VALISK HOME
    Esther 60 XNO HOME
    Bananas 50 VALISK HOME
    Laurel 50 MOSS HOME
    Kyle 45 BYRD HOME
    Wes 45 HEAD HOME
    Nicole 40 HEAD HOME
    Faith 5 UFA HOME
    Tula 5 BYRD HOME
    Zahida 5 XNO HOME
    Sean 0 XNO HOME

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Challenge 34: War of the Worlds 2

Next week’s purge challenge is too little too late. The alliance is way too lopsided to make any kind of difference. This season would’ve benefited quite a bit sprinkling them in a lot more throughout.

Also, CT made the situation 10x worse by blatantly throwing the challenge lol. Of course the girls were going to be pissed they weren’t included in the plan regardless of the logic behind it. It all made Rogan look that much more like a dick.

Having said that, Dee hooks back up with him next season.

BG Level

He'll usually give people crap about that sort of stuff, but I was glad that TJ did more than just a single line in passing about CT and the guys on the UK team. At the same time, I cracked up at whomever claimed something about the "integrity of the challenge". I don't know, CT. If there's no point to pretending, why not just tell TJ that nobody's going to even show up to the challenge, so people don't have to waste their time?

I've said CT sucks for years and needs to just get off my screen. Last season was supposed to light a fire under his ass, I thought. Dude has been sleepwalking through this season based on his reputation and friends. He hasn't done a damn thing. He whines about losing, but aligns with the weakest. He should have just rode off into the sunset following his ill-gotten win in Invasion.

Absolutely agree with Xno's comments about the purge. Have they ever got these things right since the Bloodbath in Invasion? The first one in Dirty 30 was fine I thought, but I think they did like 2 or 3 more. They always seem to be either terrible ideas or at the wrong time.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Hooooooo boy that was a tough watch. What a shitty season lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Yeah, I hate almost everyone now.

Is Rogan a sociopath or something? People taking all the money at the end of a season is what they'll always give attention to, but this was straight up dirty even with it not happening. The idea that these conversations are taking place and Kayleigh isn't being mentioned in them is just astonishing, but I guess I get it in this sense.

The one positive I'll say about this episode was basically from the first 10 minutes. Zach toast > Bananas toast. Also, it was nice to see Nany actually genuinely happy. At times I don't think much of her as a player in the game, but I do sort of find her fascinating in a way because she seems more "human" than most of these challenge-bots that join up for every season.
    Yeahhhhh I was almost impressed with how calculating of a move it was by Rogan but unfortunately for him, he's a dumbass. Watching Dee have a breakdown was tough.

I've never been the biggest Nany fan either - she's dumb and it makes her do and say hypocritical things, but she is one of the few "authentic" seeming people on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Next week’s purge challenge is too little too late. The alliance is way too lopsided to make any kind of difference. This season would’ve benefited quite a bit sprinkling them in a lot more throughout.

Also, CT made the situation 10x worse by blatantly throwing the challenge lol. Of course the girls were going to be pissed they weren’t included in the plan regardless of the logic behind it. It all made Rogan look that much more like a dick.

Having said that, Dee hooks back up with him next season.
    Sorry if me repeating it every week is getting annoying but it's frustrating how badly they fucked up the format this season.

It's the same formula every week: MTV does it's best to tease that things can go differently, but instead the alliance throws in the same strong players, who are upset and frustrated, repeat

It's one reason why that old system of "last place goes to elimination automatically, other team is voted in" was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    He'll usually give people crap about that sort of stuff, but I was glad that TJ did more than just a single line in passing about CT and the guys on the UK team. At the same time, I cracked up at whomever claimed something about the "integrity of the challenge". I don't know, CT. If there's no point to pretending, why not just tell TJ that nobody's going to even show up to the challenge, so people don't have to waste their time?

I've said CT sucks for years and needs to just get off my screen. Last season was supposed to light a fire under his ass, I thought. Dude has been sleepwalking through this season based on his reputation and friends. He hasn't done a damn thing. He whines about losing, but aligns with the weakest. He should have just rode off into the sunset following his ill-gotten win in Invasion.

Absolutely agree with Xno's comments about the purge. Have they ever got these things right since the Bloodbath in Invasion? The first one in Dirty 30 was fine I thought, but I think they did like 2 or 3 more. They always seem to be either terrible ideas or at the wrong time.
    Yeah I don't have respect for CT anymore. I'm fully on board with straddling the fence as long as possible before picking a side, but once they really turned the corner towards fucking their own team (which really started with throwing Georgia in), it stopped making sense.

How fucking stupid can you be to not get an absolute guarantee from Paulie that they will throw in Dee? And why are they suddenly so concerned with the Final AFTER getting rid of Georgia and keeping the likes of Kayleigh?

The highlight was when CT says "you know, I'm starting to think Paulie doesn't have our best interests in mind." No shit sherlock lmao! It doesn't take a genius to see that it's being set up for his side to destroy the final...

I'm holding out at this point just to see Kayleigh get eliminated or suffer in the final.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This has been a really good season, even given the competitive disadvanatage Team UK has had. Could have been better, but still a solid season, at least compared to 28-31 or whatnot.

Scores:
    Jordan and Tori kissing (5)
    Dee crying (5)
    Kam and Leroy kissing (5)
    Giving Dee 10 commish points for kicking ass in the challenge (10)
    USA wins challenge (10) - shocker
    Leroy crying (10)
    Joss crying in confessional (10)
    Jordan wins elimination (15)
    TJ told Jordan he smoked him, which I will take as a half "you Killed It" (10)
    Everyone remaining gets survival points (5)

Standings:
    Vil 900 3
    Moss 790 3
    Byrd 620 2
    Valisk 600 3
    Headspace 570 1
    Xno Kappa 495 1
    UFA 5 0

Contestants to Date:
    Jordan 250 HEAD GAME
    Josh 210 VIL HOME
    Turbo 210 BYRD HOME
    Dee 205 MOSS GAME
    Paulie 205 VIL GAME
    Tori 205 MOSS GAME
    Kam 190 XNO GAME
    Leroy 190 VALISK GAME
    Nany 190 BYRD GAME
    Natalie 180 VALISK GAME
    Cara Maria 175 VIL GAME
    Ashley 170 BYRD GAME
    Georgia 170 MOSS HOME
    Zach 170 VIL GAME
    Rogan 160 MOSS GAME
    Theo 160 XNO HOME
    Jenny 140 VIL HOME
    Joss 125 HEAD HOME
    CT 115 VALISK GAME
    Kayleigh 110 HEAD HOME
    Bear 90 XNO HOME
    Idris 65 VALISK HOME
    Esther 60 XNO HOME
    Bananas 50 VALISK HOME
    Laurel 50 MOSS HOME
    Kyle 45 BYRD HOME
    Wes 45 HEAD HOME
    Nicole 40 HEAD HOME
    Faith 5 UFA HOME
    Tula 5 BYRD HOME
    Zahida 5 XNO HOME
    Sean 0 XNO HOME

BG Level

I don't think this is a good season. I'll hold off on calling it terrible til we see how the final couple weeks play out, but it feels like it has most of the negatives of Vendettas with very few of its own positives. There are still some potential silver linings possible, but it's far too flawed a season for me to ever consider this a good one. The stretch of episodes around late September may as well have been a different season.

I think I'm actually sort of going to miss Josh. If you take the entire Josh experience from this season and spread it out more evenly across the season, it was probably the right amount. Considering how the past several episodes have been worse than a mid-season lull, Josh being oddly endearing was a bit of a highlight.

CT is atrocious. Remember the guy about 2 years ago that kept targeting people who were actually performing well on that season because he didn't want to run a final with them? Well now he keeps those people around and forces the others on his team to deal with them because he insists on swimming alone. But hey, he's really a star at those deliberation votes. Piss off, mate.

Kayleigh smiling and not even caring when she gets eliminated and takes one of the people she's closest to out with her. Classic! Look, Joss did bring this on himself to some degree, but being dragged down by a terrible partner that way sucks.

At the same time, it's too bad that Dee quit her job before this so she could do the Challenge full time. With Rogan crying about being stuck with her, I was hoping she'd possibly throw it.

I kind of want to root for Leroy at times, but it's just insane to me. This guy would have already won a season if he just fixed one known issue. Be a passable swimmer. You don't need to be Ian Thorpe, but at least be able to somewhat move.

While I've had mixed feelings about the "last place goes straight to elimination" at times, this season makes me miss it.

BG Level

I felt bad for Joss. He’s just too nice of a guy to be on the challenge. You can tell the guilt of voting out Georgia and Jenny overwhelmed him. I don’t think he ever once placed the blame on Kayleigh.

If Leroy doesn’t win any money this season then he needs to 100% retire from the challenge. It’s just getting more and more embarrassing for him. The guy is more cringe than entertaining at this point.

I hate Jordan as a person but that was one of the most brilliant elimination performances I can recall off the top of my head. It was too damn hilarious and Josh played right into his hand, pun intended, over and over and over lmao.

Season started off with a lot of promise but the premise left the one major alliance gain way too much power. It was all pretty much downhill when Theo and Georgia refused to turncoat when they had the perfect opportunity to really shake the game up.

BG Level

I think that the only elimination Jordan's ever lost was the one to Bananas when he threw himself in. His w/l record alone is awesome, but then you consider that like half of them would be easier if he had two ordinary hands.

About Joss - Leroy got by for how long (and usually doing at least moderately well) not really getting involved in the politics/scheming. I see no reason why Joss couldn't do similar if he wanted to stay out of that stuff. Plus, he doesn't have a game-ending weakness that I know of. This season being on a losing streak and having Rogan there just seemed to put him in a spot that he was not comfortable with. Wanting to stick right by his best mate who wants to play a much different game than he would.

GATTACA!

BG Level

I agree with Vil, weak season. It's just a dumb format with no controls in place to prevent the one big alliance from dominating the game as it has. The day to day challenges have been essentially meaningless.

That was a really good elimination challenge - I always say the best combine strength and strategy and that was a perfect example.

I never really agreed with the Josh hate. He does get emotional but I'll take that over blindly following an alliance. He and Nany very well could've been in last had he not pulled the boss move of dragging her.

Was happy for Dee standing up for herself but then she falls right back into the trap and "forgives" her supposed lover for completely betraying her. Girl is hopeless.

BG Level

Pretty glad to see an outdoor elimination like that, since it's been forever since they've done a season with those. Didn't seem really "super" of an elimination, but oh well. Even with Ashley taking a detour, I'm kind of surprised that was close, at least the running part.

Nobody has done what Paulie has done in their first 3 seasons. If he's talking about dramatically removing his shades while sitting indoors in an effort to try to intimidate someone twice his size, he's probably correct. Rogan telling CT about that was probably my favorite Rogan moment ever.

The reactions in the game and on the internet to CT wanting to keep the team safe are just so bizarre. It's as if this is some absolute gigantic thing and the greatest move and biggest surprise in the history of the show. Come on. He just did a sensible thing for once this season. It's not like it undoes all that he's done or sat back and watched happen. Maybe they wouldn't have to do the US team's bidding all season if they didn't ensure that they weren't strong enough to stand on their own two feet.

Final next week!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    The reactions in the game and on the internet to CT wanting to keep the team safe are just so bizarre. It's as if this is some absolute gigantic thing and the greatest move and biggest surprise in the history of the show. Come on. He just did a sensible thing for once this season. It's not like it undoes all that he's done or sat back and watched happen. Maybe they wouldn't have to do the US team's bidding all season if they didn't ensure that they weren't strong enough to stand on their own two feet.
    Feels like a move that could have happened before Georgia, Theo, and Jenny went home.

Weekly Scoring:

Standings:
    Column1 Total Points Active Players
    Vil 915 4
    Moss 850 3
    Byrd 660 1
    Valisk 625 3
    Headspace 610 1
    Xno Kappa 500 1
    UFA 5 0

Weekly Scoring:
    Team UK wins challenge (10)
    Jordan & Tori kissing (5)
    Ashley wins elimination (15)
    TJ told Ashley she killed it (20)
    Rogan Dee smooching (I think) under the flag during the club night (5)
    All 12 get episode survival points (5)

Contestant Standings to Date:
    Jordan 270 HEAD
    Dee 225 MOSS
    Tori 225 MOSS
    Ashley 210 BYRD
    Josh 210 VIL
    Paulie 210 VIL
    Turbo 210 BYRD
    Kam 195 XNO
    Leroy 195 VALISK
    Nany 190 BYRD
    Natalie 185 VALISK
    Cara Maria 180 VIL
    Rogan 180 MOSS
    Zach 175 VIL
    Georgia 170 MOSS
    Theo 160 XNO
    Jenny 140 VIL
    Joss 135 HEAD
    CT 130 VALISK
    Kayleigh 120 HEAD
    Bear 90 XNO
    Idris 65 VALISK
    Esther 60 XNO
    Bananas 50 VALISK
    Laurel 50 MOSS
    Kyle 45 BYRD
    Wes 45 HEAD
    Nicole 40 HEAD
    Faith 5 UFA
    Tula 5 BYRD
    Zahida 5 XNO
    Sean 0 XNO

GATTACA!

BG Level

Almost a full week late but I have to say:

The righteous indignation from Cara/Paulie/etc after CTs move was fucking breathtaking. How dare he make a move to help himself in the game! And Cara and Paulie talk like they've been helping him out of the good of their hearts lmao... gtfo.

BG Level

"I've played the perfect season."
    "They've overtrained and are slowing down. I'm peaking right now."

You were saying, Paulie?

To revisit his comments, I don't think anybody has in their first three seasons lost multiple eliminations to teams like DaVonne/Jozea, and majorly gassed out TWICE.

Thankful for Cara puking and crying, Zach screaming at the team, and what looks like future production/medical assistance for Paulie because Moss is looking to spoil my perfect season because this US team is in shambles right now.

Is the US team going to get penalized for carrying bags because they ruined their gurney?

Simply as a fan, I'd like this final a lot more if the teams were Zach, Kam, Leroy, and Ashley versus the two couples. That'd also be probably pretty balanced until a water portion if there is one. There's been a ton of swimming elements this season so I expect one.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't blame Zach for screaming at his team - he's absolutely right. Of course, the ones holding them back the most (Paulie and Cara) are not the same ones Zach was worried about voting off. But still...

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    Is the US team going to get penalized for carrying bags because they ruined their gurney?
    I wondered that myself. I'm not sure it is going to matter, though. Of course, knowing how this works, the only thing that will matter is who wins, and it will be a 5 minute head start on the next day.

I'm really looking forward to them culling the teams down to 4 each at some point. Predictions: CT, Tori, Jordan, Rogan on UK and Zach, Leroy, Kam and Ashley on US make the end, and UK wins.

Not many points this week. Some puking on camera, Cara crying and Zach yelling.

Standings:
    Vil 950 3
    Moss 865 3
    Byrd 665 1
    Valisk 640 3
    Headspace 615 1
    Xno Kappa 505 1
    UFA 5 0

Scoring Notes:
    Cara Maria crying during challenge (5)
    Zach and Cara Maria are puking on camera (5)
    Zach screaming at his team for voting off strong players (5)
    Everyone gets episode survival points - even Paulie (5)

Contestant Results to Date:
    Jordan 275 HEAD GAME
    Dee 230 MOSS GAME
    Tori 230 MOSS GAME
    Ashley 215 BYRD GAME
    Paulie 215 VIL GAME
    Josh 210 VIL HOME
    Turbo 210 BYRD HOME
    Kam 200 XNO GAME
    Leroy 200 VALISK GAME
    Cara Maria 195 VIL GAME
    Nany 190 BYRD HOME
    Natalie 190 VALISK GAME
    Zach 190 VIL GAME
    Rogan 185 MOSS GAME
    Georgia 170 MOSS HOME
    Theo 160 XNO HOME
    Jenny 140 VIL HOME
    CT 135 VALISK GAME
    Joss 135 HEAD HOME
    Kayleigh 120 HEAD HOME
    Bear 90 XNO HOME
    Idris 65 VALISK HOME
    Esther 60 XNO HOME
    Bananas 50 VALISK HOME
    Laurel 50 MOSS HOME
    Kyle 45 BYRD HOME
    Wes 45 HEAD HOME
    Nicole 40 HEAD HOME
    Faith 5 UFA HOME
    Tula 5 BYRD HOME
    Zahida 5 XNO HOME
    Sean 0 XNO HOME

BG Level

Considering how these sort of challenges have worked in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if they told Natalie to not even bother carrying at certain points when she was one of the designated people because it just makes it more difficult for the rest. That's more weight to shoulder for the rest, but if I learned anything from Death Stranding, it's that balance is often more critical than the amount of weight. She definitely had a turn, but it seems every season there's at least one challenge where the super short girls are going to make things more difficult and many others have to compensate. At one point I thought I saw Kam as the only person up front, for instance.

GATTACA!

BG Level

"I'm not just leaving my boyfriend in the jungle!" -Cara

*Leaves boyfriend in the jungle*

I've suffered through a lot of episodes but god damn does it taste good when you get an episode like this

BG Level

Paulie possibly pulling a fat Eric and fucking over the entire team on a final would be legendary lmao