+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    For fantasy purposes only, I'd hope it doesn't. As a viewer, I'd like to see things have at least some semblance of balance, but I don't know if it'll hurt the season that much unless it gets really out of control.

This casting would probably end up with a horrible season if it were another format. With what we have, there's two different types of drama that could pop up on opposite sides. There's already been signs of too many cooks on the US side. The UK side seems to have people already showing frustration about being blown out in these challenges for one reason or another. To me this looks like a ripe situation for someone to jump to the other team.

One thing I've wondered is if it would be good if they had to pick the spokesperson and/or the tribunal before the challenge. Win and you're the tribunal, lose and you're in the arena/only people that can be voted for. You face the issue of people throwing, especially since the other side would be voting someone too, so I don't know.

You can't cast the teams the way they did and not expect it to be like this. They also made a point that someone that switches team stays there the whole game, so I think that if anything they would expect things to work itself out naturally with people being able to jump teams and tribunal being able to vote anybody.
    I also remember a wrinkle from past seasons where your group splits the money, so it is a disadvantage to end up with a huge team at the end

For those that remember, that season where fat ginger Eric started hyperventilating and caused his big team to lose lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Eric who would come back every season in “the best shape of his life” lol. I remember when Laurel went at him hard. That shit was fucked up.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Eric who would come back every season in “the best shape of his life” lol. I remember when Laurel went at him hard. That shit was fucked up.
    Yeah that one wasn't the best look for Laurel

It was annoying how Eric would always take offense if anyone EVER questioned his endurance

BG Level

Josh is such a goober. Dude is the definition of corny.

BG Level

Nah, he's just a meatball.

He'd be a nightmare to be on a team with, and even moreso to be aligned with. You figure that something like that was going to eventually happen, but breaking the seal on voting your teammate in round 3 seems hasty when there's already enough drama on the team. Then again, this is Josh we're talking about. On his season of Big Brother in week 1 they had the competition for head of household, and they were put on teams for it. There was an option to get safety for yourself for the week, but you'd disqualify your team from the competition. Guess which meatball took safety? "Don't try your logic on me!" Indeed.

Joss, Rogan, Dee, Idris, and Esther calling the shots on the UK team? Even with the extra 20 minutes, they can't find a way for most of them to be interesting. Rogan has had his moments, at least.

While there were some serious problems with the way the US team ran that challenge, that's really a massive disadvantage going first. So many challenges are the same way, but it's been so long since team challenges like this that it really stood out. Way to cheat when your team is like a half hour ahead, Theo.

I actually believe that Bananas probably cares more about outlasting Wes than winning a season. Please stop casting them both if that's the case, since nothing these two do vis-a-vis one another is fresh or interesting. Wes just seemed out of it this season as well. Maybe it was just getting cocky and then getting busted with his scheming. Couple that with being sick, and he just seemed like "whatever" for that elimination.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, that was some good fucking TV. Love or hate Wes, that was pretty unbelievable that Laurel and Josh turned that around. Mostly Laurel. They each got commish points for doing that.

Side note: this is the third season in a row, at least, with a tribunal. I will start giving Tribunal points next season.

Scoring:
    Spoiler: show
    Standings: Moss 245 5
    Vil 220 5
    Valisk 180 5
    Byrd 145 4
    Headspace 135 4
    Xno Kappa 100 4
    UFA 5 0

Scoring This Week:
    Laurel and Bear kissing (5)
    Zach puking on camera (5)
    Dee and Rogan kissing (5)
    US wins challenge (10)
    Dee and Bear screaming at each other (5)
    Theo and Rogan get security involved (5)
    Rogan and Theo scream at each other in sexy accents (5)
    Laurel gets 10 points and Josh 5 commish points for nominating Wes
    Bear wins elimination (15)

Contestant Scoring to Date:
    Josh 65 VIL
    Laurel 60 MOSS
    Dee 50 MOSS
    Rogan 50 MOSS
    Zach 50 VIL
    Ashley 45 BYRD
    Bananas 45 VALISK
    Cara Maria 45 VIL
    Jordan 45 HEAD
    Kam 45 XNO
    Leroy 45 VALISK
    Nany 45 BYRD
    Paulie 45 VIL
    Tori 45 MOSS
    Wes 45 HEAD
    Bear 40 XNO
    Georgia 40 MOSS
    Natalie 35 VALISK
    Turbo 35 BYRD
    Idris 30 VALISK
    CT 25 VALISK
    Theo 25 XNO
    Esther 15 XNO
    Jennifer 15 VIL
    Joss 15 HEAD
    Kayleigh 15 HEAD
    Kyle 15 BYRD
    Nicole 15 HEAD
    Faith 5 HOME
    Tula 5 BYRD
    Zahida 5 XNO
    Sean 0 XNO

GATTACA!

BG Level

Best. Episode. Ever.

I cackled so hard when Laurel brought up the idea to throw in Wes. Fucking brilliant.

Do Cara and Paulie not see the irony in calling Josh a traitor for throwing in Wes, when Wes was making deals with the Brits on the first night?!

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    I actually believe that Bananas probably cares more about outlasting Wes than winning a season. Please stop casting them both if that's the case, since nothing these two do vis-a-vis one another is fresh or interesting. Wes just seemed out of it this season as well. Maybe it was just getting cocky and then getting busted with his scheming. Couple that with being sick, and he just seemed like "whatever" for that elimination.
    I think it's because he was 100% caught off guard. That's hard to get yourself amped for in the span of 30 seconds right after the punch to the gut of getting your name called. He still tried but Bear mashed his face into the ground lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I think it's because he was 100% caught off guard. That's hard to get yourself amped for in the span of 30 seconds right after the punch to the gut of getting your name called. He still tried but Bear mashed his face into the ground lol.
    He was also sick the previous challenge. The aftershow mentioned he hadn't been feeling well the whole time. Which is probably part true and part excuse, but hey - Bear won fair and square. I love it when people are blindsided in The Challenge, and it so rarely happens that completely out of the blue that you have to appreciate it. I can't imagine Josh kept his mouth shut, but if only Laurel, Josh and Bananas knew, that would be truly special.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    He was also sick the previous challenge. The aftershow mentioned he hadn't been feeling well the whole time. Which is probably part true and part excuse, but hey - Bear won fair and square. I love it when people are blindsided in The Challenge, and it so rarely happens that completely out of the blue that you have to appreciate it. I can't imagine Josh kept his mouth shut, but if only Laurel, Josh and Bananas knew, that would be truly special.
    You're exactly right. The entire point of all the crazy rules and set-up are to create moments like that. True shockers like that are just so rare... *tear*

BG Level

The thing that made me laugh about it the most was that Laurel was like "you can't say a word about this" and then of course the next scene has Josh getting into it with Wes and even repeating the things that he said. Even if he wasn't tipped off, that should have at least been major red flags there.

The comments about "giving the nuclear codes" to Josh and stuff like that, was like classic Big Brother stuff like "Guys, maybe it wasn't such a good idea throwing it to x so they could get their letter from home."

Was that a good move? We'll see, but at least they will be able to stop bitching about him being a Benedict Arnold and/or other thematic things they'll come up with in confessionals. They could have really stepped on the throat of team UK and just like the UK team showed, it's quite easy to keep someone out of power if they want to. If enough people wanted Wes in, he could at any point. Paulie's attempts to pacify Josh and his comments after the vote is what left me wondering... for all the talk about the turmoil on team US, have they really taken much time hinting at who is with whom? I know they have won the first 3, so it doesn't need to be focused on, but it's weird.

BG Level

Holy shit. I would have taken Laurel somewhere in the top 2 or 3, and she's gone in the 2nd opportunity. But how did I forget what a psycho she can be? YIKES. Before the season, I was so looking forward to her being back and now I'm like "that was enough".

BG Level

Challenge 34: War of the Worlds 2

LOL FUCK LAUREL! Karmas a bitch. She reminded everyone why she’s unbearable as fuck and just a genuinely mean person. I’m so god damn glad this isn’t going to turn into another season of the Americans imploding on themselves cuz reasons. At least that’s not what it looks like anymore. This whole division amongst the Americans was instigated because Laurel was a sucker who got played by Bear.

Fuck Johnny too. Been saying it for too many seasons now but his time is done. He adds absolutely nothing to the show anymore but eyerolls and facepalms with his schtick. Take your boy Leroy with you too.

Props to ninja who didn’t immediately lay down and take the loss. Kudos for Kam too for stepping up to Laurel to her face when all the other girls were too chicken shit to call her out on her trying to intimidate everyone.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I still want Laurel back every season. She nearly won that climbing challenge against an American Ninja Warrior competitor, and lost on somewhat of a technicality. Hard to tell if she would have won if she didn't skip that step (I think 50/50 chance). She's a beast, she's not afraid to go against the top tier, she's fucking golden TV. Sign me up. That being said, karma is a bitch. She deserved that loss. Reason #110,422 why throwing challenges is bad. She definitely lost points for that, as did Bananas. Ashely lost half points for quitting, even if she wasn't trying to quit.

Aside: does anyone have any Ashley Mitchell nudes? While she's not going pyscho and quitting, she's actually pretty hot. And she definitely seems like the type to have them out there.

I would also accept Ashley Kelsey nudes.

Where is Playboy and why haven't they done a Girls of the Challenge issue lately?

Anyway, results:

Standings:
    Moss 315 4
    Vil 270 5
    Valisk 240 5
    Xno Kappa 195 4
    Headspace 185 4
    Byrd 175 4
    UFA 5 0

Scoring:
    Bananas throws a challenge (-10)
    Ashley kind of throws a challenge (-5)
    Laurel throws a challenge (-10)
    UK "wins" a challenge (10
    Nany and Paulie yelling at each other (5)
    CT yelling at a bunch of people at the Speaker deciding ceremony (5)
    Ninja crying at deliberation (5)
    Cara Maria crying (5)
    Josh and Georgia kissing (5)
    Bear and Georgia kissing (5) - that's 10 for Georgia for kissing two dudes. Good for her.
    Bear and Georgia coitus (20)
    Who wins elimination? WTF?
    Natalie wins elimination (15)

Scoring to Date (all contestants):
    Georgia 85 MOSS GAME
    Bear 80 XNO GAME
    Josh 75 VIL GAME
    Dee 65 MOSS GAME
    Rogan 65 MOSS GAME
    Natalie 60 VALISK GAME
    Cara Maria 55 VIL GAME
    Nany 55 BYRD GAME
    Paulie 55 VIL GAME
    Zach 55 VIL GAME
    Jordan 50 HEAD GAME
    Kam 50 XNO GAME
    Laurel 50 MOSS HOME
    Leroy 50 VALISK GAME
    Tori 50 MOSS GAME
    Ashley 45 BYRD GAME
    CT 45 VALISK GAME
    Idris 45 VALISK GAME
    Wes 45 HEAD HOME
    Bananas 40 VALISK GAME
    Theo 40 XNO GAME
    Turbo 40 BYRD GAME
    Esther 30 XNO GAME
    Jennifer 30 VIL GAME
    Joss 30 HEAD GAME
    Kayleigh 30 HEAD GAME
    Kyle 30 BYRD GAME
    Nicole 30 HEAD GAME
    Faith 5 UFA HOME
    Tula 5 BYRD HOME
    Zahida 5 XNO HOME
    Sean 0 XNO HOME

BG Level

Did they both miss the same slot at the bottom or something? I wasn't paying that close of attention and haven't gone back to look at the episode yet. Natalie was kind of an idiot acting out when seeing the thing especially not knowing what it was, since that wasn't really some climbing challenge in the sense that she'd have a real advantage, at least against someone with that much of a height/reach advantage. That's like the spinoff when Bananas beat Wes in a "swimming" challenge, when it was more of an underwater untying challenge. I somewhat agree with Bananas confessional about her acting all giddy about it, but it's another thing where I just roll my eyes because "of course he had to be the one to say it". Someone was going to say something about that, but over 4 episodes I just have this feeling that Bananas seems so grumpy this season.

For me, I'd love Laurel at 50% of that, maybe up to 75%. My feelings on her this season as a whole was like Zach commenting on her and her notes. It's just a bit too much. The role of Bananas's bulldog is not something I need on challenge viewing, but she's one of the best at that over the course of this series.

https://twitter.com/ChallengeMTV/sta...09642694713344

I know people act like fools plenty of times, especially after eliminations, but that was terrifying/hilarious MTV showing it that way.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

A live look at me watching the end of that elimination...

https://giphy.com/gifs/5VKbvrjxpVJCM

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!!

Yea, both Ninja and Laurel missed a bottom rung, so if you remove the blunder from both of them, Ninja won comfortably. She was searching for a hole at the top for a while. The editing of showing Laurel in slow-mo showboating after the perceived win was... *chef’s kiss*

GATTACA!

BG Level

Man that was some fucking bullshit

Ninja's act is annoying as fuck. The Laurel showboating at the end was a bit much

They were basically tied and both missed the same rung... except Laurel found an opening in the truss right next to where the bell is. So... Laurel is penalized for that? TJ blew the horn too, to end the challenge. The challenge "staff" really didn't notice the hole that they both missed close to the bottom?

That's a fucking fail. They should've had them both just race from the bottom to break the tie. Ninja probably wins that race but at least it isn't a loss on some technical bullshit

Oh well. Laurel played high stakes and sometimes that doesn't work out. More annoying Cara gloating... great...

BG Level

None of this stuff surprises me, but Josh is insane. There's absolutely no way to predict how he'll react to anything. When TJ was announcing the top times, I was so hoping that Josh was the top guy. He was pretty close, I think. Considering how terrible 1/3 of the people were, maybe that's not saying much. I hate that I feel like we've got to pick a side between Bananas and Paulie/Cara but gotta go with the latter. It wasn't til a few minutes ago til I realized that they had 2/3 of the tribunal and didn't even seem to consider Kyle, nor did they have him scared for his life. It's easier to deal with Paulie's manufactured persona and Cara's fake tears when they're not dragging Kyle into it as an unwilling participant.

Theo really needs to drop this Rogan stuff because it's just not going to work. Or at least just say that it's personal, because he's not going to win people over doing that same thing.

They did an elimination like that on Invasion I think? Some season around then. All I know is that as someone around Theo's height, that looked absolutely terrible. I'd like to thank the Romans for confusing Bananas with their numerals.

Hell yes to the challenge next week!

BG Level

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. As much as I hate the Paulie/Cara dynamic I’d rather watch them than Bananas tired scorched earth schtick. And once again Leroy is just a waste of tv time. Everyone else seems to understand this but it looks like next week Josh once again plays the mental midget.

Loving the 90 minute format. Hope they never move away from it going forward.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was fairly drunk when I watched this episode, so feel free to ping me if I missed something. General notes and scoring:
    "Sometimes you have to wait for Karma. Sometimes you have to be karma." That's reasonably profound.
    Good deliberations before the challenge, but no points yet.
    Ninja is really, really bad at swimming.
    Zach is still Zach, even after all the growing up he's done since Battle of the Seasons.
    Nicole had that bad a start and still beat Cara Maria? SAD.
    It never ceases to amaze me how many people go on this show and don't swim.
    Is Turbo a shitty swimmer? Really?
    I think I made a poor choice in choosing Nany.
    Josh beat Kyle? Huh.
    Gonna give 5 extra points to the top two people just because I'm drunk and feel like it.
    I like Idris.
    Josh is such a meatball.
    Well, this should be interesting. Of course, putting Paulie & CM in tribunal, you're asking for whatever.
    Bananas on the UK team might be really good - he's the manipulator that team needs.
    TJ in the middle of the arena is kind of new, isn't it?
    Bananas and Wes gone in the first three male eliminations, that's quite a thing.

Standings:
    Moss 355 4
    Vil 340 5
    Valisk 290 4
    Xno Kappa 240 4
    Byrd 225 4
    Headspace 220 4
    UFA 5 0

Actual Scoring for the Week:
    Jenny and Jordan called out by TJ for kicking ass (5)
    Team USA wins challenge (10)
    Rogan blurcled ass (10)
    Theo wins elimination (15)

Contestant Scores to Date:
    Georgia 90 MOSS GAME
    Josh 90 VIL GAME
    Bear 85 XNO GAME
    Rogan 80 MOSS GAME
    Natalie 75 VALISK GAME
    Cara Maria 70 VIL GAME
    Dee 70 MOSS GAME
    Jordan 70 HEAD GAME
    Nany 70 BYRD GAME
    Paulie 70 VIL GAME
    Zach 70 VIL GAME
    Kam 65 XNO GAME
    Leroy 65 VALISK GAME
    Tori 65 MOSS GAME
    Ashley 60 BYRD GAME
    Theo 60 XNO GAME
    Turbo 55 BYRD GAME
    Bananas 50 VALISK HOME
    CT 50 VALISK GAME
    Idris 50 VALISK GAME
    Laurel 50 MOSS HOME
    Wes 45 HEAD HOME
    Jennifer 40 VIL GAME
    Esther 35 XNO GAME
    Joss 35 HEAD GAME
    Kayleigh 35 HEAD GAME
    Kyle 35 BYRD GAME
    Nicole 35 HEAD GAME
    Faith 5 UFA HOME
    Tula 5 BYRD HOME
    Zahida 5 XNO HOME
    Sean 0 XNO HOME

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I can’t wait for the first Turncoat. Can an extra 15 points be given to the person with the balls enough to be the first turncoat? Then 5 points for all turncoats after that? Everyone is so scared of switching teams right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast