+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Paulie possibly pulling a fat Eric and fucking over the entire team on a final would be legendary lmao
    I can't imagine they will automatically lose the final. They might just automatically lose that stage, and suffer whatever penalty it is on day two, but it looks like they were probably going to do that anyway. And the penalty might be something as basic as 5 minutes, or 10 minutes off the next stage, making day one largely irrelevant other than perhaps trimming both teams down to four, although that might happen early on in day two.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    That's more weight to shoulder for the rest, but if I learned anything from Death Stranding, it's that balance is often more critical than the amount of weight.
    That's funny, I had the exact same thought while watching the episodes. Press R2, Leroy! Now L2! Grip with both. Grip with BOTH, damnit! *Crash* Great, now your cargo's damage. Got any of that magic suitcase healing spray?

In some ways, having Zach and Leroy sit out the same trip might have made sense had Paulie been able to carry his share at that point. Kam, Paulie, Cara Maria, and Ashley might have been able to handle that pretty well given their relative heights. Leroy and Zach (in particular, Zach) threw off the balance something fierce, and made it waaaay harder to carry that thing. Then again, who wants to listen to Cara whine and complain more than she already is? Cara, when Ashley is telling you to quit complaining and buckle up, you're doing something wrong.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Challenge 34: War of the Worlds 2

Is there no episode tonight?

Edit: nvm

BG Level

Jordan with a ridiculous hat for the reunion. I can't wait!

As for this season, very mixed bag.

I'm ok the winners. I am happy with the people that LOST. The final itself was garbage. A couple weeks ago I said that this season probably compares similarly to Vendettas, and lo and behold it has a dumb final like it. Don't get me wrong. The elements themselves of the final were fine. Having "time-outs" happen 3x including twice by the winning team is just silly. Even if they insist on having it boil down to a head start rather than total time, at least have the head start be meaningful. Maybe I'm thinking about it backwards, but I feel like the head start should have been more than the penalty for breaking the rules.

Seeing people finishing that puzzle though, it was like "this is the worst order imaginable". That sucks that Kam, Leroy, and Tori got cut considering all the work they did in the first leg compared to some people that made the second leg for their teams, but I don't watch this show expecting things like fairness and people being rewarded based on merit.

Dreaded 9 piece tangrams!

Cara listing off all the things that Paulie is better than Jordan at, lmao.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Challenge 34: War of the Worlds 2

That final challenge was fucking horrible. I don’t know if it’s the two day format but Day 1 with the Americans blatant disregard for every single rule only led to a five minute head start for Day 2? Fuck outta here. They might as well have taken a power nap before reaching the snake pit.

Also, why was there a timeout for the final puzzle? Is that the norm and I just never noticed?

Season had a ton of potential but the Americans right off the bat had an all-star team and the producers reacted too little too late to them taking full advantage of the format. There should’ve been regular purge intervals throughout the entire season.

Good for the winners though. CT looked like he lost at least 20 pounds throughout the season and at least Jordan won for Tori. Rogan is still cringe as fuck and Dee is your typical overly attached girlfriend who doesn’t get a clue. My wife really hated her for going back to Rogan lol.

Cara needs a break for a few seasons. Ninja is absolutely worthless when it’s not some climbing challenge. Paulie just looked foolish. And I wouldn’t have been mad at Zach had he killed all of them right than and there on the end yacht. Leeroy should flat out retire. This was his best chance at winning and he still choked it up.

BG Level

Invasion's final was extremely bad about people not finishing tasks. Off the top of my head, there were 3 portions that had at least one of the pairs for that leg fail.

Your line about Zach reminds me of my thoughts when I was watching the purge portion. When he was swimming out, I couldn't tell if it was just that he knew nobody was going to catch him, or if he was trying to decide if he even wanted to make it and have to team up with those 3.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was definitely rooting for Team UK, particularly after the purge took out Leroy and Kam.

Timing out on puzzles in the final is silly. Particularly on the individual puzzle, because as soon as the fourth person from each team hit the boat, it was over anyway.

Fantasy ended up closer than expected. If Tori had made the final part of the final (and hadn't taken Rogan's place), and UK still won, Moss would have beaten Vil. But she didn't, so congrats Vil.

Final scoring:
    Spoiler: show
    Vil 1115 3
    Moss 1065 3
    Valisk 790 3
    Headspace 715 1
    Byrd 665 1
    Xno Kappa 505 1
    UFA 5 0

Scoring Notes from this Week:
    Zach screaming at his team (5)
    Paulie puking on camera (5)
    CT, Jordan, Dee, Rogan wins challenge (100)
    Cara Maria, Paulie, Natalie, Zach take second (50)
    Cara crying because she lost (5)
    I was originally going to give bonus points to the players that survived the purge, but then I realized they're all getting first or second place points anyway, so decided to skip it.

Final Contestant Standings for the Season:
    Spoiler: show
    Jordan 375 HEAD
    Dee 330 MOSS
    Rogan 285 MOSS
    Paulie 270 VIL
    Cara Maria 250 VIL
    Zach 245 VIL
    Natalie 240 VALISK
    CT 235 VALISK
    Tori 230 MOSS
    Ashley 215 BYRD
    Josh 210 VIL
    Turbo 210 BYRD
    Kam 200 XNO
    Leroy 200 VALISK
    Nany 190 BYRD
    Georgia 170 MOSS
    Theo 160 XNO
    Jenny 140 VIL
    Joss 135 HEAD
    Kayleigh 120 HEAD
    Bear 90 XNO
    Idris 65 VALISK
    Esther 60 XNO
    Bananas 50 VALISK
    Laurel 50 MOSS
    Kyle 45 BYRD
    Wes 45 HEAD
    Nicole 40 HEAD
    Faith 5 UFA
    Tula 5 BYRD
    Zahida 5 XNO
    Sean 0 XNO

BG Level

Until you brought it up, I hadn't thought about the individual puzzle. When they blew the horn, I assumed at the time it was because each team had 4 arrive. That was not the case. Wasn't there a non-trivial running portion before getting to the puzzle? Maybe they all basically kept up a similar pace, but I'd assume they'd have different time getting to the puzzle. Eh, the whole concept of timing out is dumb and it's not like it mattered, but just weird.

Would have thought that Moss and I would be within 20 points of each other. Paulie and Cara kind of had a nothing season besides making the end and winning basically every challenge, but they did finally chip in some bonus points in the final.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Really one of the shittier seasons in a long time but at least we got to see Cara and Paulie suffer and lose

Who would've thought my Laurel pick would be the one to kill me. Never getting over that farce of an elimination result

gg Vil

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Josh as the last pick was truly the gift that kept on giving. He was probably the only person in the last 8 or so picks that would have been enough. Pretty fortunate that nobody wanted anything to do with the guy.

The reunion was actually better than most recent ones. They didn't really spend forever on completely terrible and pointless things, which was kind of shocking. Bananas being there was terrible and pointless... except for the look he gave Paulie when he stood up and was dancing like a buffoon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9