+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    And once again Leroy is just a waste of tv time.
    I'm hoping there's a payoff for him, even if it's just things blowing up in his face. Several times this season, even when things were fine, he's been talking about how he wants to take more initiative and all that in this game. Once, maybe twice saying something like that I'd just think "whatever, Leroy" but maybe he'll actually try to play his own game here? The odd thing is that if there were a season for him to be complacent on the banana express, it would have been this one. Too bad they had to jump the gun and make the division on this team even worse the past 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Was fairly drunk when I watched this episode, so feel free to ping me if I missed something.
    Cara crying in the bar. Rogan and Dee kiss just before elimination.

Bananas on the UK team might be really good - he's the manipulator that team needs.
    On one hand, I think that team is a "no drama zone" so he could just get booted back, but maybe he could get in CT ear that the main alliance has the weakest people. It would probably be better if this hypothetical was him going over there in addition to Theo rather than in his place. I could easily see it being Bear/Theo/Georgia/Nicole/Jenny/Kyle (the people that voted for Kyle last week) with CT/Bananas joining and turning the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Everyone is so scared of switching teams right now.
    I feel like there's been opportunities to do so, but going from UK to US is a much more enticing option right now. Bear maybe not, but Georgia and especially Theo could have probably been fine finding safety in that mess of a team. Of course, their friends on the UK team would be even more outnumbered and absolutely screwed if they did, so maybe that's part of it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk
    I can’t wait for the first Turncoat. Can an extra 15 points be given to the person with the balls enough to be the first turncoat? Then 5 points for all turncoats after that? Everyone is so scared of switching teams right now.
    Sure. Seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Cara crying in the bar. Rogan and Dee kiss just before elimination.
    I saw Cara looking like she was crying in the bar, but I didn't see tears, which has always been my standard of "crying." I did miss Rogan and Dee kissing, I will add that next week.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Ughhhhh my disdain for Cara and Paulie

I wanted bananas to win just for the turncoat

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Josh truly is the king of fools, but I appreciate a great fantasy episode from him here, even moreso because it was between him and Paulie at the opening.

Nice rigged challenge for the Americans. The hardest question they got was multiple choice. Besides Theo's uncomfortable ride, I don't know what those fools were talking about. Getting launched probably was fun as hell.

Can I just take Xno's line about Leroy from last week and replace Leroy's name with Nany? She's so bad when her one play is no longer an option. She's the weakest on the team and is doing that amazing thing where she's saying that everyone else is afraid, when she's the only one that is actually being afraid. Next season can people get negative points for incorrectly calling another player afraid/playing a scared game?

That elimination looked tough. At first I thought there might have been slats between panes or something, but it didn't look like it. So long, Nicole. Nice to finally hear your voice this episode. While I thought Johnny's farewell confessional to that Shipwrecked guy in the first episode was messed up, I fully support Ashley's comments about Georgia. Just go hook up with Josh if you need some comforting. (Shoutout to CT for saying what everyone was thinking when they kissed earlier.)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Josh is really not cut out for reality TV. I mean, he's great TV because he's so emotional, but I think it might be doing him quite a bit of psychological harm. I have no idea what Georgia is thinking, good gravy.

Next week's episode looks interesting - Turbo and Jordan getting in a shoving match? I would not have expected that.

Lots of scoring this episode. Kissing, yelling, a near fight, etc. I only gave team victory points to the people that were actually in the challenge.

Kyle is the lowest scoring player left in the game. Not what I would have expected from my first round draft pick.

Scoring:
    Spoiler: show
    Standings:
    Vil 455 5
    Moss 420 4
    Valisk 310 4
    Xno Kappa 285 4
    Byrd 255 4
    Headspace 255 3
    UFA 5 0

Scoring Notes:
    Josh crying in confessional (10)
    Josh and Paulie screaming at each other (5)
    Josh and Paulie get security on camera (5)
    Dee crying because Rogan (5)
    Josh and Georgia kissing (5)
    Esther, Kayleigh, Nicole yelling in deliberation (5)
    Dee and Rogan kissing last week, missed it (5) - listing as commish points
    Dee and Rogan kissing this week (5)
    Nany screaming at Kam (5)
    Tori, Jordan, Paulie, Zach, Kam Ashley win trivia (10)
    Georgia crying because Nicole losing (5)
    Jenny won an elimination (15)
    Esther confessional cleavage (5)
    TJ told Jenny she killed it (15)

Player point totals:

Josh 120 VIL GAME
    Georgia 105 MOSS GAME
    Paulie 95 VIL GAME
    Rogan 95 MOSS GAME
    Bear 90 XNO GAME
    Dee 90 MOSS GAME
    Jordan 85 HEAD GAME
    Kam 85 XNO GAME
    Zach 85 VIL GAME
    Jennifer 80 VIL GAME
    Natalie 80 VALISK GAME
    Tori 80 MOSS GAME
    Ashley 75 BYRD GAME
    Cara Maria 75 VIL GAME
    Nany 75 BYRD GAME
    Leroy 70 VALISK GAME
    Theo 65 XNO GAME
    Turbo 60 BYRD GAME
    CT 55 VALISK GAME
    Idris 55 VALISK GAME
    Bananas 50 VALISK HOME
    Esther 50 XNO GAME
    Laurel 50 MOSS HOME
    Kayleigh 45 HEAD GAME
    Wes 45 HEAD HOME
    Joss 40 HEAD GAME
    Kyle 40 BYRD GAME
    Nicole 40 HEAD HOME
    Faith 5 UFA HOME
    Tula 5 BYRD HOME
    Zahida 5 XNO HOME
    Sean 0 XNO HOME

BG Level

Did Kyle simply manage to grow up during however long it was between Final Reckoning and WotW? That dude started off with two great seasons, but I remember feeling disappointed last season too that he wasn't getting much in the way of points. At least he did win an elimination and a few tribunals, but he still was pretty low while in the game. Here he's tied with Joss "technically on this season" Mooney.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I’m sure I mentioned it last season but Georgia is such an ugly crier lmao.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Nany is so fucking dumb, no wonder she's never won. "If I throw in Jenny she'll come after me, I have to protect myself!" You idiot... it doesn't help you if you're turning your entire team against you in the process.

It's hilarious how predictable it is every week where someone volunteers to be the leader and then once they have the power they go back on everything they promised. It's like the Stanford prison experiment except you can see the power corrupting them in real time since they have the mental capacity of children

I'm sure the producers did the best they could but the US women are essentially an all time all star team compared to the Brits who have multiple absolute dead weights in Nicole, Esther, Kayleigh, Big T

The trivia challenges should be entertaining but these producers really suck at designing them. Spell "alliance" - are you fucking kidding me? I'd care more except the Brits were probably losing regardless. They should've done something more creative like ask US history trivia to the US team and British trivia to the Brits

That elimination looked really fucking hard, in a good way. Especially the puzzle with symbols, more of that
    I’m sure I mentioned it last season but Georgia is such an ugly crier lmao.
    She is lmao

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good challenge. Good elimination. Good season.

Standings:
    Vil 520 5
    Moss 450 4
    Valisk 355 4
    Byrd 325 4
    Headspace 315 3
    Xno Kappa 290 3
    UFA 5 0

Scoring Notes:
    CT yelling at his team (5)
    Jordan yelling at Ninja (5)
    Team USA wins challenge (10)
    Jordan and Turbo fighting (15)
    Turbo caused production to be on camera (5)
    Joss wins elimination (15)
    Kayleigh Confessional Cleavage (5)

Contestant Points:
    Josh 135 VIL GAME
    Jordan 120 HEAD GAME
    Georgia 110 MOSS GAME
    Paulie 110 VIL GAME
    Kam 100 XNO GAME
    Rogan 100 MOSS GAME
    Zach 100 VIL GAME
    Dee 95 MOSS GAME
    Natalie 95 VALISK GAME
    Tori 95 MOSS GAME
    Turbo 95 BYRD GAME
    Ashley 90 BYRD GAME
    Bear 90 XNO HOME
    Cara Maria 90 VIL GAME
    Nany 90 BYRD GAME
    Jennifer 85 VIL GAME
    Leroy 85 VALISK GAME
    Theo 70 XNO GAME
    CT 65 VALISK GAME
    Idris 60 VALISK GAME
    Joss 60 HEAD GAME
    Esther 55 XNO GAME
    Kayleigh 55 HEAD GAME
    Bananas 50 VALISK HOME
    Laurel 50 MOSS HOME
    Kyle 45 BYRD GAME
    Wes 45 HEAD HOME
    Nicole 40 HEAD HOME
    Faith 5 UFA HOME
    Tula 5 BYRD HOME
    Zahida 5 XNO HOME
    Sean 0 XNO HOME

BG Level

Challenge 34: War of the Worlds 2

I feel like the editing is building up for Rogan to make it to the final and lose in a spectacularly embarrassing fashion.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I feel like the editing is building up for Rogan to make it to the final and lose in a spectacularly embarrassing fashion.
    I could see that. Watch him gas out like he did on his first season.

Still not sure how he earned an invite back after that, other than they needed a full team of Brits. Still mad Melissa didn't make the cut - maybe she's got other things on her mind.

BG Level

That was real cute how TJ blew the horn for Team UK when they actually finished the challenge well after it already being over. I was expecting a whole mess around him when the preview showed Zach splashing the water, but a minute later, he was being called the MVP, and after the challenge he's all "neither of these idiots are going to be spokesperson, I am" somehow didn't cause some of these people to lose their mind. Ordinarily, I'd expect him to want to stay as far away from that, but on top of that, seemed like a savvy call putting those two on tribunal with him. The two morons are happy that the other can't try to send them to the elimination, and ultimately they at least made it seem like that time planted the seeds to those two making up.

Of course then after they showed that clip of them making up, Turbo's all "Jordan is PUSSY!" Thanks for your contribution, Turbo. The whole thing was just so stupid. Get a grip, both of you. I'm assuming that they had to refilm stuff and that's why Jordan was so pissed off by him acting like a child kicking things. Him charging after Jordan simply for yelling at him to stop kicking stuff around is an insane overreaction.

Did they even talk about Joss that episode? Definitely a good call taking a shot at him, and whoever it was that said it was 100% going to be Rogan should have meant that it would 100% not be Rogan, there would usually at least be some talk, or at least subtle hints. Maybe I just missed it.

I think I like this take on Hall Brawl better than previous versions. Adding in the extra agility and all that weaving in and out of the walls was nice, but watching it, I kept losing track of which one of those was in better position. Oh well.

Still not sure how he earned an invite back after that,
    Was he a big deal on whatever shows he was on before the Challenge? Worth at least another try here and if it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out. There have been plenty of people that probably get 4-5 seasons when they should have been cut after 2, but if they just keep cutting people then there's a situation where it's like 1-2 veterans and all rookies and we can bitch and moan about it being the "[insert name of veteran] show" while everyone else is ignored. I don't remember the season well, especially not the opening several episodes, but there probably were a few people from Invasion that didn't make it to the Oasis that probably should get another shot.

I see why people on this cast get annoyed by Natalie, but I also kind of feel bad for the girl. She was the only girl to finish the final last season, seems to be in a good spot this season too, but whenever she actually gets screentime, it seems to be negative. Didn't the preview show her in an argument with Dee "I fight with all my friends" Nguyen?

BG Level

This is really a rough patch of this season. As much as I liked the 90min episodes at times, I'd rather they just use those when they need them rather than this. My 2 best and 1 worst line of the episode:

CT telling Kyle that he can't help himself because he has "lie-abetes"
    "What do you mean, fuck off? We live in the same house, you nob!"
    "I'm being the realistic voice of reason" - Natalie to Dee, while not being realistic or reasonable.

But anyway, you've got a terrible combination right now and 90 minutes of it makes it more blatant. It's horribly one-sided (and they're not even having people sit out?) and there's basically no fun to be had. They're all miserable and acting like assholes. That entire bar scene, the pure nonsense of Cara sending Natalie to threaten Dee, and the outrage that Dee "didn't do anything". Seriously? At least CT called it for what it was, that the US side of his alliance just wants the UK to keep an anchor. Don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem if they want to see if they can keep Esther around. But being pissed at Dee about that (why just her, anyway?) and not being honest, even in confessionals, about it is ridiculous.

Was Idris even on this episode other than a passing mention when first talking about who was going in? I really don't like Rogan and I'm not sure why. It's not just that he's been against the only people that might possibly bring some entertainment to this season. Most people are against them. Maybe it's just that he's basically the person getting 75% of the airtime for that side of that alliance.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I think we're in the mid-season lull. The "freshness" of the season has worn off a bit, which means there's no new romance going on, nobody's really fighting, but we're not into full final mode. The mid-season trailer was a nice indication of that - at least there's some interesting stuff yet to come. And Turbo is going nuts again? On who this time?

Results:
    Standings:
    Vil 585 5
    Moss 505 4
    Valisk 400 4
    Byrd 370 3
    Xno Kappa 350 2
    Headspace 345 3
    UFA 5 0

Scoring Summary:
    US wins challenge (10)
    Dee and Rogan kiss (5)
    Ninja crying when Dee is berating her (5)
    Georgia wins elimination (15)
    Theo wins elimination (15)
    Esther crying on her way out (5)

Contestant Scores to Date this Season:

Josh 150 VIL GAME
    Jordan 135 HEAD GAME
    Georgia 130 MOSS GAME
    Paulie 125 VIL GAME
    Kam 115 XNO GAME
    Natalie 115 VALISK GAME
    Zach 115 VIL GAME
    Rogan 110 MOSS GAME
    Tori 110 MOSS GAME
    Turbo 110 BYRD GAME
    Ashley 105 BYRD GAME
    Cara Maria 105 VIL GAME
    Dee 105 MOSS GAME
    Nany 105 BYRD GAME
    Leroy 100 VALISK GAME
    Bear 90 XNO HOME
    Jennifer 90 VIL GAME
    Theo 90 XNO GAME
    CT 70 VALISK GAME
    Idris 65 VALISK GAME
    Joss 65 HEAD GAME
    Esther 60 XNO HOME
    Kayleigh 60 HEAD GAME
    Bananas 50 VALISK HOME
    Laurel 50 MOSS HOME
    Kyle 45 BYRD HOME
    Wes 45 HEAD HOME
    Nicole 40 HEAD HOME
    Faith 5 UFA HOME
    Tula 5 BYRD HOME
    Zahida 5 XNO HOME
    Sean 0 XNO HOME

GATTACA!

BG Level

Dee is stupid sometimes but Cara is a shithead all of the time. God she fucking sucks. Loved Zach calling Pauly "Napoleon" since he's a doucher too

They should've made people sit out for the US, the numbers are only getting more slanted. They could also do a better job of creating challenges that include some kind of strategic balancing. As it is, everything is pretty straightforward and doesn't allow much room for alternate strategies that will allow an underdog to win.

Georgia and Theo reallllllly should've fucking switched. The mistake might've been on Tori-alliance side for not talking to them about it before in case they were thrown in. Would've made a ton of strategic sense, since they could've joined that alliance within the US and not even be at the bottom of the US totem pole

Now we get to see more of this Cara/Pauly alliance bullcrap. I can only hope the comeuppance is as good as it was last season

Final note, can Kayleigh shut the fuck up? She is completely useless and just happens to be carried every episode because she ended up on the largest alliance. Maybe stop complaining about Georgia every episode until you've done one thing of note on the show?

BG Level

YOU CANNOT COPY MY WALK!

After years of Paulie lustily staring and screaming at Kyle inches from his face, he finally went in for the kiss with Theo. What a beautiful moment, but I wonder if Kyle is jealous.

Josh being pissed off at the end of the round is so hilarious to me, and also feels like a classic Big Brother moment. Dude is HoH, being able to pick the tribunal is basically like having the Veto as well... but still gets a bad result.

Jordan is a certified asshole, but holy crap that line "You can't get in my way because you'll be behind me" was A+.

Cool concept for the challenge while also a terrible idea. That must have absolutely sucked.

Food for thought: Are Leroy and Zach playing two of the best under the radar games this season? Having majority is great, but there's too much attention on some others that are relying on staying in their position. Those two are in a very sustainable spot, as they aren't likely to be main targets of the other team or either side on their own team. That sort of thing probably applies to Kam, CT (though numbers are getting low over there), and until this week I was thinking Ashley, who just drew a lot of attention mostly for her own amusement. It's just in those two guys' case, they've done this while falling on the bad side of that team split early on.

Idris trying to process a dozen people shouting different things at him makes me question if I hate eliminations like that or like them for moments like that. He was so far behind anyway that it wouldn't have mattered.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So long, Idris. You seem nice enough, too nice for this show. Doubt we'll see you again.

Paulie really doesn't interest me as a Challenge character. He's like a more meathead version of Bananas.

Vil has a good point about Zach and Leroy. Both are getting subdued edits, but they're not getting in any fights, and nobody seems to be bringing them up as possible elimination. They could easily be there at the end.

Turbo is so easy to manipulate. I think that will likely be his ultimate challenge undoing.

Weekly Scoring:
    Standings:
    Vil 670 5
    Moss 555 4
    Valisk 440 3
    Byrd 425 3
    Xno Kappa 395 2
    Headspace 375 3
    UFA 5 0

Scoring Notes:
    Dee gets producer on camera (5)
    Dee crying from pain (5)
    Dee gets ambulance extraction (10)
    Turbo yelling at Joss (5)
    USA wins challenge … again (10)
    Kam and Leroy kissing (5)
    Paulie and Theo kiss, yeah it's silly but It's funny (10)
    Paulie and Theo getting producers on camera (5)
    Theo wins elimination (15)
    Cara Maria screaming at Tori (5)
    Jordan and Turbo get security on camera (5)
    Turbo screaming at Jordan like peak Camilanator (5)

Challenger Point Standings for the Season:
    Josh 165 VIL GAME
    Paulie 155 VIL GAME
    Jordan 155 HEAD GAME
    Georgia 135 MOSS GAME
    Kam 135 XNO GAME
    Turbo 135 BYRD GAME
    Dee 130 MOSS GAME
    Natalie 130 VALISK GAME
    Zach 130 VIL GAME
    Tori 125 MOSS GAME
    Cara Maria 125 VIL GAME
    Theo 125 XNO GAME
    Ashley 120 BYRD GAME
    Leroy 120 VALISK GAME
    Nany 120 BYRD GAME
    Rogan 115 MOSS GAME
    Jennifer 95 VIL GAME
    Bear 90 XNO HOME
    CT 75 VALISK GAME
    Joss 70 HEAD GAME
    Idris 65 VALISK HOME
    Kayleigh 65 HEAD GAME
    Esther 60 XNO HOME
    Bananas 50 VALISK HOME
    Laurel 50 MOSS HOME
    Kyle 45 BYRD HOME
    Wes 45 HEAD HOME
    Nicole 40 HEAD HOME
    Faith 5 UFA HOME
    Tula 5 BYRD HOME
    Zahida 5 XNO HOME
    Sean 0 XNO HOME

BG Level

Challenge 34: War of the Worlds 2

I doubt we’ll ever see Idris again. The guy is terrible and he clearly doesn’t have the personality for the challenge.

“YOU CAN NOT COPY MY WALK!” lol. You can tell he was getting super frustrated because that’s clearly not what he was trying to convey but his English is so limited it’s all he can come up with at the moment. I can’t stand Ashley as a person, but that shit was hilarious as hell to go run to Turbo immediately like that.

Jordan’s a bitch and always has been a bitch. When CT was talking about him I was hoping they would show the flashback of him threatening Jordan to say one more thing so he can hit him lol.

EDIT: bah! This was best clip I could find and it doesn’t show the whole encounter lol.

http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/2sql1...e-ct-vs-jordan

GATTACA!

BG Level

Jordan is an asshole but most of the remaining characters are assholes. Cara is forever at the bottom of my list. At least Tori is likable but dating Jordan isn't the best look for her.

This seems like one of the most miserable houses ever. I often think about if I'd be able to survive in the house without going insane. All of the bickering would be beyond exhausting.

I'm getting reallllly bored with this one alliance controlling everything. It was really a huge turning point when Laurel got robbed. What a shame.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    This seems like one of the most miserable houses ever. I often think about if I'd be able to survive in the house without going insane. All of the bickering would be beyond exhausting.
    This seems to be something that I wonder nearly every season. Last season was probably an exception to that, not that there was no bickering. Nobody goes on The Challenge and actually has fun anymore. It's probably been this way for almost a decade now. Fresh Meat II/Cutthroat were 9 years ago, and a decent cutoff for comparison. Not saying there weren't fights and I'm not ignoring CT 1.0, or Kenny, Evan, and their protege Johnny. Would people have done those seasons back in the day just for the hell of it? Would anybody now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast