View Poll Results: Should the American public force the Democrat party to stop supporting allies who commit genocide?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 40.00%
  • No

3 60.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    But seriously given that Obama grew up in Indonesia and didn't muster the political will to do anything about it, the only way the issues of Indonesia get addressed if if it catches fire in popular consciousness the same way that Darfur did in 2005~

However given the way the majority of the US population doesn't even know about what's going on in Yemen, I highly doubt that happens.
    I went on a date with a Pentagon employee who tried to sell me on how it's a good thing we're selling arms to Saudi Arabia to use in Yemen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I voted no because the poll is one sided towards one political party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullibicity View Post
    Why does the poll only have 1 side? Is this propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Didn't notice the poll. Now that I do calling out one political party when supporting regimes accused of atrocities is a general USA government thing and not isolated to one party is just a stupid way to set up the poll. Nice troll attempt there.

That being said these things are terrible to hear about and real issues that do need to be addressed but never will as long as it is more profitable to turn a blind eye.
    Tories don't care in Britain so I assume Republicans won't in any case. But Democrat politicians falsely advertising themselves as leftist don't speak up on the issue unlike Corbyn in Britain. Labour is lobbying for West Papuans and their cause. The Democratic party is not. Not the Squad or Warren or Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    I thought it was just a given that the GOP doesn't believe in accountability for ethnic hatred unless it is against whitey
    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    ngl, this was my take-away as well.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I went on a date with a Pentagon employee who tried to sell me on how it's a good thing we're selling arms to Saudi Arabia to use in Yemen.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I mean we should definitely be pressuring Saudi Arabia to act better, and not let them get away with bone-sawing journalists, but we're probably better off using the Saudi alliance as a counter-weight to Iran rather withdrawing and letting Russia or China fill in.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by optimisation View Post
    Media attention. American liberal media brings attention to the crimes of regimes like Saudi Arabia because a significant section of Democrat party politicians oppose Saudi Arabia. However all American politicians from both parties, Democrat and Republican are united in their support for the TNI (Indonesian military) and AFP (Philippine military) in committing human rights violations. You can see the difference when only Wahhabism is called out and not Indonesia's equally extreme Sufi Islamism. Media attention forced the west's hand in East Timor. What Indonesia does in West Papua is 100 times the scale of what Saudi Arabia does in Yemen.

British media like The Guardian and the Free West Papua campaign affiliated with Labour party are advocating for West Papua in the UK and bringing attention of what is happening to the British public. No such thing is happening in the US. It needs to happen in the US and so does attention on the Lumad killings. Portugal campaigned internationally for East Timor when the US supported Indonesia's invasion. Britain based Survival International advocates for West Papua and the Chittagong Hill Tracts. American based organizations like Human Rights Watch follow US establishment foreign policy and are deliberately soft and tempered in their criticism of the same events. Even Amnesty International which is an establishment organization in Britain is better than Human Rights Watch.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/west-papua

The https://freewestpapua.org website is selling Free West Papua clothing and merchandise to raise money for their cause. They are holding protests in Britain against Indonesia, handing out pamphlets and holding hearings in Parliament for West Papua. Nothing is happening in America.
    East Timoor was a global issue complete with a UN Peacekeeping operation. Like I said, you need attention on the scale of Darfur in 2005 to get people in the US to actively care.

We don't have people off the sidelines for Yemen even; it's just politically relevant for the US because it's one of the rare issues where the GOP Congress has stood up to Trump.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

altruistic motives, in my house and senate? are you new to US politics? come on man. you know how long africa's been on fucking fire, and how little we've done about it even now?