BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dude. Orko is looking beast

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Show is getting review bombed and hate from hardcore fans. I knew before release Tesla was main protagonist of show and not He-man. I guess people didn’t follow the news and didn’t help that Kevin smith lied to fans when plot of the show was leaked online.

Should Kevin Smith's credibility for his lie? Yes, because he promised a He-Man show and this is, very much, NOT a show about He-Man, or even prince Adam for that matter. (At least Part 1 sure wasn't). But IS THE SHOW BAD? NO It’s still good, Without He-Man in the picture for most of it. Beside Tesla(Jesus Christ she’s awful) everyone else gets to shine (Evil-Lyn and Orko in particular were my highlight for part 1) and the show actually feels like there are stakes.

Part 2 seems to be setting up fixes for the things Part 1 did get wrong or so I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Show is getting review bombed and hate from hardcore fans. I knew before release Tesla was main protagonist of show and not He-man. I guess people didn’t follow the news and didn’t help that Kevin smith lied to fans when plot of the show was leaked online.

Should Kevin Smith's credibility for his lie? Yes, because he promised a He-Man show and this is, very much, NOT a show about He-Man, or even prince Adam for that matter. (At least Part 1 sure wasn't). But IS THE SHOW BAD? NO It’s still good, Without He-Man in the picture for most of it. Beside Tesla(Jesus Christ she’s awful) everyone else gets to shine (Evil-Lyn and Orko in particular were my highlight for part 1) and the show actually feels like there are stakes.

Part 2 seems to be setting up fixes for the things Part 1 did get wrong or so I hope.
    I like how you keep calling her Tesla lol. I haven't gotten far but I think its good so far also.

I enjoyed it for the most part, but then I didn't go into it with any sort of expectations. Only complaint I have is that I was not a fan of SMG's voice acting. Everyone else absolutely killed it.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

After all my hype for this, I've been debating watching it now that it's out, maybe I'll wait until the 2nd part is available too. Like with any long time series with various iterations you're bound to get the Star Wars effect; people wanted something and didn't get it. Though I didn't watch it, I recall there being similar backlash of disappointment at the release of the pervious She-Ra show. Eventually people who like a show stay and those who don't, well, don't.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

this was really enjoyable. wife was watching and i came in at the start of the 2nd episode, and the 'no glove, no love' joke. had to roll it back.

The tone is a bit all over the place but overall I like it. Will see what part 2 has to offer

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Didn't even realize there was a thread for this lol. Really enjoyed the show with few complaints.
    Spoiler: show
    Teela was fine, but her being mad at not knowing the scret was dumb. It made sense at the moment, but years later and still angry? Nahh, fuck that

They fucking killed Orko, but made him go out like a boss. Cersei as Evil-Lyn was fucking fantastic. Killing He-man TWICE was gold, even though we all know he will survive that last minute stabbing. I wish Hamil didn't just copy his Joker voice, but its still good, and ending with him kicking so much ass was great. I'm sure Cersei will turn on him by the end, but I'm very excited for part 2.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Finally watched this and really enjoyed it. Liked how it felt like a continuation to the 80's series I grew up with. Found the perfect summary of the internet over it.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Critics love this! Audience haaaaaaaaates it.

94%/39%

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/ma...revelation/s01

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I'm an audience and I thought it was great. What's the complaint even?

BG Level

My only note is that how awesome would it have been if in that very last scene they had Skeletor's VA morph from Mark Hamill to Frank Langella. I'm pretty sure he was still alive during the making of this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I'm an audience and I thought it was great. What's the complaint even?
    From what I've gathered, it's Teela and her new hairdo.

To me, it sounds very similar to the Last of Us 2 Abby hate train.

Haven't watched it myself, but have certainly seen enough of the typical incel/anti-feminist rhetoric about it floating around on the twitter. Dangle a woman with any sort of muscularity in front of those sorts and it's basically, "SHE LOOKS LIKE A MAN! THAT SHOULDN'T EXIST"

Not that I like that hairstyle on anyone, but I'm also not going to write scathing, long-winded narratives about it on every platform I haunt.

BG Level

Personally I just don't like the trope of woman cutting hair = character development.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Did this factor into your FF9 opinions?

BG Level

It actually did bother me a little, when Garnet said "remember me as I was" and then proceeds to change nothing except her hair.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    From what I've gathered, it's Teela and her new hairdo.

To me, it sounds very similar to the Last of Us 2 Abby hate train.
    Its 100% a part of that. "She looks butch!" "She has that stupid side-hair!" "She's not a big-tiddy demure waif in a long-flowing dress, even though she wasn't that way in the 80's!"

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Part 2 Coming November 23rd

That looks way cooler than the 1st half. That suped up skeletor looks awesome.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag