+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I was not expecting to be completely spoiled with trailer, I guess the rumors are true and they had to reveal everything to win back the fans.

Rumors are saying the show has zero repeated viewing/engagement on Netflix and toys aren’t doing as hot as he-man show made for kids.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I liked it far more than part 1 but it was still ultimately another bait and switch with He-Man and Skeletor both being the side note to a Tesla/Evil-Lyn fight that had more at stake.

PS stop redeeming villains, and Evil-Lyn backstory was bad(her parents wanted to eat her).

The show ends on cliffhanger teasing the return of Hordak(I guess she-ra also).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It sucked because they basically turned a 90min OVA into a 4H+ show that should have been called Teela Revelations...
    He-man and Skeletor, were basically pointless idiots.
    Mark Hamil was a bad idea, he did the Joker voice with a little bit of "r" rolling.

Typical netflix show with 2-3 Set pieces, mediocre action and fight scenes.
    Man at Arms was the highlight of the show.
    Going full on Virgil in dmc5 with Evil Linn was stupid as fk she wipes out the afterlife but who cares, let her walk free and have a face-heel-face-hairdo-turn like 15 times in one show because everyone knows females change their hairstyle when they turn heel...

Overall the 2000s He-man show was a million times better and Netflix is still shit at making awesome stuff.
    I much rather would see a Game set in that universe than a mediocre woke OVA. I mean, all PC hate aside, who thought it would get over well to make a He-man show without He-man that's aimed at 35+ year old males that watched the stuff as kids?
    All they had to do was pull a Goku on Namek after He-man got stabbed at the end of the first half and everything would have worked out, you could even have the Teela stuff be the focus until he comes out of the healing pod or whatever and goes SSJ for the big finale. Instead, they stole MCU scenes and Moments where they could. Some stuff is even a Shot for Shot Avengers/Hulk/Ironman Ripoff.
    The artstyle was cool, and some stuff looked really good but all the show was good for is some pretty desktop background images...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Revolution