+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Dan Slott run is very very little about her being a super hero and more focuses on her being a lawyer and that she likes to sleep around. It also plays heavily into She-Hulk and Jessica behaving very differently despite being the same person (as opposed to Hulk and Bruce being usually portrayed as separate personalities entirely)

But like the show is doing she's a lawyer for super powered people so she constantly ends up in situations where she has to Hulk out.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Someone on Reddit said she looked like Fiona from Shrek films and now I can unsee it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Gotcha, appreciate the quick rundown. I'm sure it'll be fun no matter what. Also, I apologize in advance. Couldn't help it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Apparently Wong is in this too, so hype increased for me quite a bit.

Ridill
    BG Level

Why CGI her so much when it could just be green make up? Seems like it would have been a whole lot cheaper.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Doesn’t Disney have infinite money to put behind these projects? The CGI looks like some
    shit scraped together in 2004 on the CW.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Why CGI her so much when it could just be green make up? Seems like it would have been a whole lot cheaper.
    Because Jennifer Walters (comic version) is something like 5'10" and scrawny whereas She-Hulk is 7 feet tall and buff as all hell.

Can't really make that change with makeup

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The Dan Slott run is very very little about her being a super hero and more focuses on her being a lawyer and that she likes to sleep around. It also plays heavily into She-Hulk and Jessica behaving very differently despite being the same person (as opposed to Hulk and Bruce being usually portrayed as separate personalities entirely)

But like the show is doing she's a lawyer for super powered people so she constantly ends up in situations where she has to Hulk out.
    The more recent Charles Soule run was like this as well, at least what I read of it. I was boring them from a coworker but then he got a new job.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

So Banner was Banner/hulk in Endgame, but in the mid-credits of Shang-Chi, he was just banner, but now hes back to banner/hulk?

Ridill
    BG Level

Because Jennifer Walters (comic version) is something like 5'10" and scrawny whereas She-Hulk is 7 feet tall and buff as all hell.

Tom Cruise has been doing that his entire career.

A combination of camera tricks (think LotR hobbits, but in reverse) and having a buff actress/stuntwoman with a green mask to overlay her made-up face on could do the trick, really.

Hulk was kinda forced into the CG route just because his art is literally uncanny to even a lot of the buffest dudes out there. And while I could appreciate a truly jacked She-Hulk, that's also never really been her design from my outsider's knowledge. She's come off more as fitness model than body builder. Nonetheless, that makes it easier to to minimize CG use, imo.

Otherwise, can't say the trailer wowed me, personally. I don't want to say "Female Ghostbusters" bad, but some of the humor seemed to be trending that way.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    So Banner was Banner/hulk in Endgame, but in the mid-credits of Shang-Chi, he was just banner, but now hes back to banner/hulk?
    Speculation this might take place post Infinity War but before Endgame since Banner has his gauntlet arm in a sling in the post credits scene of Shang Chi and Wong & Blonsky appear to be in cahoots whereas this trailer makes it seem like Blonsky is still locked up and Smart Hulk’s arm appears to be just fine.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm more interested in this than I was before the trailer. CGI looks wack though

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Looks like a fun watch.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    A combination of camera tricks (think LotR hobbits, but in reverse) and having a buff actress/stuntwoman with a green mask to overlay her made-up face on could do the trick, really.

Hulk was kinda forced into the CG route just because his art is literally uncanny to even a lot of the buffest dudes out there. And while I could appreciate a truly jacked She-Hulk, that's also never really been her design from my outsider's knowledge. She's come off more as fitness model than body builder. Nonetheless, that makes it easier to to minimize CG use, imo.

Otherwise, can't say the trailer wowed me, personally. I don't want to say "Female Ghostbusters" bad, but some of the humor seemed to be trending that way.
    I was just remarking not long ago how it's crazy that we needed millions of dollars of CGI to make a Hulk in the movies whereas in the 70s we just painted Lou Ferrigno green and got the exact same effect.

Like if Olympia-era Ferrigno was walking down the street while green I would probably say "oh, it's the Incredible Hulk, I guess that's a real thing."

I mean, even Lou is tiny compared to CG Hulk, but they certainly did what they could in the era and I'm not gonna begrudge an 80s show for being low-tech.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post

This so much. Gamora comes to mind and she was just wearing makeup. After watching the Spiderman NWH VX breakdown, it seems that the CG route is used when doing transformations as it is easier to wrap a CG skin around an actor/actress than to make a CG normal body transform into whatever the end result is. This was used a lot with the nano suit in spiderman as it saved time by doing this method rather than making and animating Tom Holland in street clothes transitioning into the spider suit.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Lol

https://twitter.com/culturecrave/sta...gp30AthpxrL9dA

Imagine saying she HULK is too muscular. Men are tiring.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cowards.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Fucking cowards. And when the shit flops, because she looks like a fucking 40's "fitness model" with noodle arms and has CGI that looked better in 1998, they'll once again blame it on shit that had nothing to do with it and shelf the character for another 20 years.

She doesn't even get pores on her skin. Banner Hulk gets enough detail that you can see pores in his skin, but nah, women can't have pores. Women also don't sweat, fart, or shit. They're some completely different species that we cannot understand or comprehend.