BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I still argue, technology (even alien technology) is not super powers.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This feels like some YA shit that I probably won't ever revisit but I guess I gotta watch it once

New Merits
    BG Level

This looks fun and that's all I really need. This character has always been built on an extremely likable and fun personality.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The lines of zombie like people in the trailer is giving me hopes that the Inventor will be the villain... and I hope his backstory is consistent with the comics.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I still argue, technology (even alien technology) is not super powers.
    I would agree, though most of the time it would be semantically. However, the important word here is super hero, not super power, at which point there is some derivativeness in terminology and it’s all some sorts of messy.

Ugh. Why did I spend so much time writing this out?

Spoiler: show

Under your conditions (which I’m not arguing against per se) Iron Man doesn’t have super powers. That’s an easy one. Of course he doesn’t. Green Lantern, Ant Man, Ben Ten, Power Rangers, the Ten Rings, none of these are also super powers as they are all tech based. What about Hulk? His comes from Gamma radiation. Daredevil? More sciency chemicals. Spider-Man, same thing. Technology gave him his powers. The infinity Gems are all natural parts of the universe, so Wanda, Vision, Eternals(robots-things created with technology), they’re all just nature/tech based too. Thor/Loki. They don’t have powers, as they just have the same traits as all other Asgardians. Like kryptonians. That’s just genetics. Same for magic? They’ve never explained if it’s a thing you can just study and learn of if there’s some latent ability you need as well. Either way, Magic isn’t a super power. No one has super powers.

I'd consider it a superpower to overthink comic books this much though.

Well the main argument isn't what the powers are its that it comes from something external and something she can remove. A core concept of the character is her powers are something she can't fully control and she can't just turn off. Coming to terms with her, frankly awkward and goofy looking powers. The way its been presented so far is its magic bracelets and not something inherent to her, which changes a lot of the aspect of the character. Now to be fair we don't know that's the case here. Maybe the bracelets are just a catalyst and the change her DNA or something. I would think that might be the case because, she's a kid. If its just bracelets whats to stop an adult from just taking them away?

Either way I'm sure it'll be entertaining to watch. I understand why they changed her powers. I don't think changing what they are is really an issue. Just hope it maintains what it means to the character.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Did anyone watch the Inhumans series? If she's not getting her powers from the terrigen mist, then I guess that's all retconned or something?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I didn't watch Inhumans because I heard how terrible the first episode was, plus figured it would get wonky with them not having decided whether or not Agents of SHIELD was fully in-continuity or not, and I'm pretty sure it's all been completely scrubbed at this point.

Maybe it's a Kree device Kamala finds and by the end of the show she can't turn the powers off, that would be close enough. Still, those energy shields/platforms, that's a huge change and the kind of thing they'll end up changing the comic character to reflect rather than make the show more like the comic.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Did anyone watch the Inhumans series? If she's not getting her powers from the terrigen mist, then I guess that's all retconned or something?
    "Whats Inhumans?" - Kevin feige

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

To be fair they're completely irrelevant to Marvel at this point also now that they have the X-Men back. Ms. Marvel and Lockjaw have been the only two to show up more than once in the past two years.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I didn't watch Inhumans because I heard how terrible the first episode was, plus figured it would get wonky with them not having decided whether or not Agents of SHIELD was fully in-continuity or not, and I'm pretty sure it's all been completely scrubbed at this point.

Maybe it's a Kree device Kamala finds and by the end of the show she can't turn the powers off, that would be close enough. Still, those energy shields/platforms, that's a huge change and the kind of thing they'll end up changing the comic character to reflect rather than make the show more like the comic.
    AOS is full on continuity up until Thanos arrives in Infinity War/the end of Season 4 and then it goes off completely in its own direction.

A Kree device would fit with what they have established, as the Kree have repeatedly visited earth to mess with humans up until something caused them to stop, which we later found out was their war with the Skrulls and Captain Marvel telling them earth was under her protection now.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    "Whats Inhumans?" - Kevin feige
    I believe it. I just wasn't sure if there was anything pertinent or relevant from the series, cause like everyone else...didn't see it!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Anjali Bhimani (Runaways/Modern Family) Joins the Cast in a Reoccurring Role
    https://deadline.com/2022/03/anjali-...ng-1234978257/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Episode 1 is up.
    Spoiler: show
    Not really sure this one's for me. Felt like it tried too hard to be Edgar Wright's Ms. Marvel. Also felt like the scenes of high school girls changing in the locker room was gratuitous and gross.

Oh also, there's a mid-credits scene.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I actually really like the stylistic choices and I enjoyed it but, I don't know. I think I'm just not the target age range.

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    I think I'm just not the target age range.
    Yeah, that was something else that I felt after the fact.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast