1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 5.1: Nier Automata     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

100 wins. I have the Flame one and I'm 15 away from the Mael one. I meant rank 50.
    What's wrong with wanting all the achievements in the game? XD

Nerd!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mentor requirements are changing in 5.1. To become a mentor you'll need 1,500 commendations (Not the joke of 300) to apply for DoW/M mentorship. In addition to the current level80 requirements.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...5e17f0fd585473

Also in 5.1 you'll need to talk to a Smith to reapply for mentorship (I guess an automatic check was too hard) and anyone who fails to do so will get kicked in 5.2.

Also Trade Mentors will be branded as Trade Mentors and won't be able to run Duty Roulette: Mentor.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Do people who have been playing for the last 6 years not have over 10k commendations yet?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If they only played dps prob not

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Do people who have been playing for the last 6 years not have over 10k commendations yet?
    I only just broke 1000 but then again I've taken multiple breaks for a few months at a time

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Played since it came out, primarily ranged DPS, occasionally tank, almost-never healer, unsubbed for most of HW. I'm only around 2900 comms.

Friend of mine who started when SB came out, plays healer 90% of the time, finished getting over 3000 comms a couple months ago.

Constantly wishing for an end-of-duty stats screen like PvP has showing damage dealt and shit... DPS will always get the shaft until there's a decent measuring stick in-game. "But then people will get griefed" yeah yeah, they probably deserve it.

Mainly DPS, about 3 months now, I've not broken 200 yet. Most were likely from me leveling WHM/SCH/AST to 50. Comms are a fucking terrible metric.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

lolmentors

I take every opportunity to heckle the shit out of them.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Played since Feb 2014, took a longish break between 3.2 and 3.5, played mainly healer since HW dropped, and only just yesterday got the Parade Chocobo whistle.
    I even actively comm farmed at times. A lot of people just leave the duty without using the feature, and then you have to hope the ones who bother give you their comm instead of the tanks. I almost always work hard enough to earn it, but so do a lot of other people in DF.

I do get comms on occasion when I'm leveling dps jobs, assuming from people who have ACT open >_> It's pretty rare though compared to the ones I get on healer. Tanks get a lot of comms too.

I think I wore the mentor crown for like a few months before I was like "eh mentors get judged" and took it off. I always help new players if they need it but the mentor crown...I only want for completion's sake lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I only do mentorship for the mentor roulette really

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've felt stupid wearing a mentor tag as far back as XI, so I avoid it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't wear a mentor tag but I do participate in the NN chat and I'm hoping the 1500 comm requirement boots a lot of people out who use it as a general chat.

The trade mentor requires are a joke still and I imagine a lot of people who are newer to the game will go that route if somehow they don't have 1500 comms.

300 comms was an absolute joke though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    If they only played dps prob not
    This so much. I've only recently broken 1k comms. Normally I play SMN so vast majority of my comms have come in from just leveling other jobs. It's weird going on tank or healer class and dinging 3 comms at the end of the dungeon for just "doing my job".

Commendation is such an arbitrary measurement for mentor status since like 99% of the mentor chat consists of "when do I get a chocobo?", "how do I buy a house?" and "I'm stuck on X quest because I don't know how to read or use the map, what do I do?". Roulette is all about being able to explain things if needed. To be a good mentor you just need infinite patience, good memory to remember how basic stuff works six years after having done the thing yourself and Google on the side. At the same time, I am going to be grateful for the break from NN for a bit until my commendations catch up, that infinite patience bit is hard work to live by.

As far as comms go, I think part of it could be allieved if we could just simply +1 everyone and not just one person. If someone winds up especially egregious or a derp, then of course you could refrain, but it otherwise solves the problem where everyone does their job in a satisfactory manner. Either way, it's kinda funny seeing some on the OF think that reqs should have you beaten everything synced, including savage content, without that asterisk like there's just so much fucking older content now that it'd be easy to forget something.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Another good way to get comms if you only play dps is to have a funny name. Sometimes I award my comms solely based on this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you're curious this is what my Comm/Instance rate is.

Also some nice stuff coming out in 5.1. A lot of facelifts for menus like Emotes, Duty Finder, and Glamour Dresser. And 3 more housing wards.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...86aa4a72dffd4f

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002862.html

Part 2 live letter is coming up on the 18th. I'm expecting patch on the 29th.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...8948349cdc96c5

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Shaping up to be a really good patch.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Next, have you ever run into the regretful situation where a friend emoted you, but you didn't notice until it was too late to emote back? If so, this update is for you! There's now a setting that'll make a sound whenever someone directs an emote at you!
    wow they ported chatmon to 14 neat

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ughh, half of the stuff is not even coming with the main patch