BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

IGN bought Humble Bundle and surprise surprise the charity bundles absolutely suck now. The last games bundle I bought was August 2018 and before that May 2018. Before IGN I was buying bundles almost once a month if not more. The monthly subscriber bundle can be decent go figure.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Honestly reading this thread had taken me back to the yester years when I used to spend hours reading back and forths like this while camping HNMs.

As for the topic of the post itself:

Even if I have significantly less time today than I did back in highschool and college, I would sitll love to see FFXI classic come out. Many of my old buddies from that time period also have kids and a career just like me but we still find time to game together. I definitely would totally try to create some kind of leveling static with the old crew and see how far we could get.

I've played to level ~60 on both of the popular classic era private servers. I've found I still enjoy the game, it's just really hard for me to set aside 5-6 hour time blocks needed to both look for a party and actually exp. That's my main qualm since I don't really want to dedicate myself to finding a leveling static or something of the sort just for a private server. However, for an official classic client? Fuck yeah I would.

Right now in my 30s I am raiding in FFXIV and leveling in WoW classic. I was not an old WoW player so there is no nostalgia for me, but I am still enjoying it. It evokes a lot of the old and good RPG elements that MMOs of the time, like FFXI, used to have. Many of these elements such as meaningful character progression, socialization being required to progress and a sense of accomplishment when you do progress have all been tossed to the wayside in the modern market for the sake of the quick fix/instant gratification.

I am actually really hoping that WoW classic does well so it shows game developers that while you don't need all of the big timesinks older games used to have, you can still extract some very meaningful and rewarding gems. Modern MMOs especially are often missing them. Maybe if WoW classic is successful we'll see an FFXI classic... but, unfortunately, I actually sincerely doubt SE is the sort of company to do such a thing.
    make your own parties i play 3 hours a day exping, in Eden + nasomi i have a 75 pld 75 drk 75 sam, including a 50 pld 50 nin in Eden Just make your party, Eitherway i agree with Punk, I have uncles and cousins who would drop their current mmos for XI they dont like the current XI too, iv played with them in 2004-2011 they dropped the game as soon as Abyssea was out well not as soon but they got to 80 so did i i continued they all quit they hated Abyssea, Why am i saying Punk is right? Because i bet theres over 3000 players like my cousins and uncles that will gladly pay for XI classic, and this is not with adding the P server players you think they wont pay for XI classic? There are over 90k characters created in nas, I guarantee you they will, atleast have 3000 players and that is is more than enough money to run 1 classic server (no need to recode at all all the information is there technically), Hell il pay 20 dollars and if it does really happen i wish its not connected to Retail subscription so people like you don't come in swarms and ruin it for us with overpopulation.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I dont know in what kind of dimension you lived back then, but you couldnt sit down for 2 hours on FFXI Classic and get any shit done besides crafting. FFS just gathering for LS events took at least 1 hour, and that was the fucking bare minimum.

Remove those rose tinted glasses. FFXI Classic was a fucking horrible game when it came to traveling to event location, preparing for stuff etc. it was a nightmare and basicly a full time job. I enjoied it because i was young/naive and had the time. Today i wouldnt even look at such a game. I enjoied abyssea/post abyssea/adoulin FFXI way more.

I also couldnt imagine to play FFXI anymore without any addons like gearswap chatmon etc etc. pre gearswap Job changing? Yeah fuck that 30 min+ at least ¬.¬
    its a massive multiplayer online role playing game? "MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE" |"ROLE PLAYING GAME"

Now its not. warp here warp there do ambuscade lie to yourself each reset that we are getting new content except its the same arena same bullshit everytime different models and rehashed content , Dyna D,

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rashid232 View Post
    make your own parties i play 3 hours a day exping, in Eden + nasomi i have a 75 pld 75 drk 75 sam, including a 50 pld 50 nin in Eden Just make your party, Eitherway i agree with Punk, I have uncles and cousins who would drop their current mmos for XI they dont like the current XI too, iv played with them in 2004-2011 they dropped the game as soon as Abyssea was out well not as soon but they got to 80 so did i i continued they all quit they hated Abyssea, Why am i saying Punk is right? Because i bet theres over 3000 players like my cousins and uncles that will gladly pay for XI classic, and this is not with adding the P server players you think they wont pay for XI classic? There are over 90k characters created in nas, I guarantee you they will, atleast have 3000 players and that is is more than enough money to run 1 classic server (no need to recode at all all the information is there technically), Hell il pay 20 dollars and if it does really happen i wish its not connected to Retail subscription so people like you don't come in swarms and ruin it for us with overpopulation.
    its a massive multiplayer online role playing game? "MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE" |"ROLE PLAYING GAME"

Now its not. warp here warp there do ambuscade lie to yourself each reset that we are getting new content except its the same arena same bullshit everytime different models and rehashed content , Dyna D,

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I got 400 ruples that's a Punk sock.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Three hours a day to spend it doing EXP... gosh golly I miss the 75 days, such meaningful content *roll eyes*

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I got 400 ruples that's a Punk sock.
    ?

Why would I make a sock account. I was timed out not permanently banned.

No real reason for me to post here. Insecure children reporting my posts because current day ffxi is absolute garbage and they can't get over the fact that they've wasted so much of their life on it. There's no point in arguing with children. I'll gladly have the discussion in spam

Oh well

The fun part of "Multiplayer" when trying to evoke the MMO lingo is that it doesn't mean people actually have to play with others, just that you will encounter other people on the server. When activities are fluidly designed for people with mutual goals to party up with no real fuss, great, but you also can't look at the "Massively" part as "Raid or GTFO!" either. It's a gross disservice to the genre to think no other styles of play should exist or be pandered to.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Three hours a day to spend it doing EXP... gosh golly I miss the 75 days, such meaningful content *roll eyes*
    Yeah, leveling was always a meaningless chore. Those were 3 hours you could spend camping Fafnir.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So you have an issue with the current game's rehashed content, so you want to rehash the old era of the game and its content? Is that not...rehashed content?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

i am not a sock account lol, and no thats not a rehash content do u replay crono trigger or YOUR faviorite old games again if you do u have no right on telling me that.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

You know who would say they aren't a sock account? A sock account. Busted!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I still love how regardless of where this topic is brought up (ffxiah, Reddit, BG) draylo and LoH are always there to trash talk the 75 era. It's amazing you have time to play the game with how often you're forced to White Knight it. Ah jk draylo hasn't actually played in eons and he buys clears

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

i dont know who LOH is but i asure you spicy has a black dildo in his cupboard according to his ex ) aside of that he was able to complete COP only Post Nerf i was in pandy i remember him

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh hell yeah

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i dont know who LOH is but i asure you spicy has a black dildo in his cupboard according to his ex ) aside of that he was able to complete COP only Post Nerf i was in pandy i remember him
    Spicy, comments?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    wrong.

i staged that ffxi account and his 500+ ffxiah posts since i knew this topic would come up and i'd need to back myself up 5 years later.

gred is also a sock account of mine since he also thinks 75 era ffxi is better than modern day.

filthy casuals don't understand the lengths i'd go to to prove a point.

still waiting on spicy's COP mission status and dildo updates tho

User was infracted for this post.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

was that really necessary

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    lol i spent 3 hours a day just looking for party.