Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for FFXI "Classic"?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    This should be all you need to know about why FFXI today is shit and people who defend it are unstable. Individuals are paying $61/month for recycled ambuscade, reskinned content.

This is the type of person arguing 99 cap is better. It's not worth your breath, it's absolute delusion at it's finest. He actually thinks FFXI as is is worth $61/month.
    BREAKING NEWS! The type of person arguing 99 cap is better is someone who is willing to shell out money to play it!

You got me, man! Not sure how I'm gonna recover from that burn.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    BREAKING NEWS! The type of person arguing 99 cap is better is someone who is willing to shell out money to play it!

You got me, man! Not sure how I'm gonna recover from that burn.
    It's just insane that you are so delusional that you don't realize there are people just as willing as you to pay more than $13/month for classic FFXI.

In the same reddit thread where you spewed all your tears, the clip posted was ninja saying he would give $1m to SE to make FFXI classic. Just for reference, even with your insane spending of $61/month to play a 17 year old game with no development.. You'd have to be subscribed for 1366 years to equal that amount of equity. There were other people in the thread also saying they would pay a premium to pay it. Pretty sure you even replied crying to them several times, so this shouldn't be new knowledge to you.

It's just straight up delusion, that's why this debate isn't worth having. This kid actually thinks there aren't people willing to pay for FFXI classic. Just straight up unable to cope with reality.

You're also ignoring the fact that literally no one, literally not a single soul has been asking for a 99 version of the game to be developed for private servers, as atom0s pointed out. Many have tried to develop one for players and had literally no players. It's funny to consider that if someone was to start developing one they would automatically have more developers than SE currently has assigned to FFXI.

Maybe 99 era ffxi isn't what people want after all.

But please, continue to pick and choose things to respond to while people respond to your entire posts. You decide on 1 sentence in a sea of paragraphs that you think you have a leg up on and fail there too.
    Sorry, gonna call bullshit on you as I was one of those people who tried multiple 99-cap servers and wanted them to succeed, offering what help I could in the process.

Their primary issues were pretty simple. No content after CoP had really been developed. Reverse engineering or creatively reimagining ToAU and later just wasn't going to happen overnight when there was a lack of people with the proper code knowhow. Just being level 99 wasn't enough. I had admins on some games flipping their shit on me when I found broken things of newer stuff and actually told them about it. There were also some things like the bug in DSP where mobs over 100 just broken certain formulae for whatever reason and resisted everything or just steamrolled people. Legion was perhaps the server that tried hardest in adapting later content, but I'd also say it suffered from leadership that didn't really understand how private server populations worked and that you couldn't have super hardcore 18-man content when no one was really willing to help others outside their cliques/bot parties gear up for it. Also had some like Phoenix rollback to 75 cap simply because they didn't feel available content warranted the presence.

Again, people wanted it, but when all we really got was an unfinished beta version at best, it's no surprise the servers that actually have shit that works have a better chance of persisting.

And Gred, my issue with need is that it isn't your place to dictate what people do or don't do with loot, thus what they do or don't need. Not everyone cares about topping parses or Jeunoposing. Some want added strength so they can more readily help their friends. Others want to see what sort of silly shit they could do like soloing certain NMs or BCs. Others may just like the added power so they can explore more freely. There's more than one way to play MMOs in the end, and I emphatically call into question a system that emphasizes only one path, usually raid-like, to the best stuff. And I fully understand I'm a threat to those with such preferences because the pride/ego aspect is nowhere in my upper echelon of good design principles.

Otherwise, I primarily resist the notion of a Classic server knowing it means SE is likely to divert already hyper-limited resources from current retail, when retail itself needs some major love that isn't just a token job adjustment or Ambuscade shuffle. I've seen nothing to convince me that it would miraculously resurrect FFXI or that (free) private servers are somehow indicative of the pulse of MMOers who have also broadened their portfolio of gaming knowledge since back in the day. Shitting on Twilight doesn't change the fact people still liked it. I remember my high school days having shit like Gatsby pushed on me, too, only to find it a completely disengaging waste of time. Yet some still consider it a masterpiece of literature. Who's right? Who's wrong? Who really gives a fuck? What we do know is that XI was never the most popular MMO on the block, and that had its consequences past and present. You see financial success as a bad thing, I at least consider it opens doors to greater possibilities. Books or movies don't really change after the fact. Our games can. XI changed for the better in numerous ways, but it was also too little, too late. By years for some people. To steal a frequent argument from gacha game discussions, no one really gives a shit if a game is meant to last years if it's not fun in the present.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm the delusional one, says the guy thinking Ninja is a great source for classic XI hype. When's the last time Ninja played FFXI? He played for like 3-4 months and quit? Lol.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Sorry, gonna call bullshit on you as I was one of those people who tried multiple 99-cap servers and wanted them to succeed, offering what help I could in the process.
    Sorry, I didn't think it needed to be spelled out but the more I post in this topic the more I realize how incredibly dense the people arguing that 75 era was the worst are.

Arus, I'll spell it out for you. You and the 9 other people playing on a 99 cap server fall under the category of "no one", you even fall under the category of "literally no one". Last I saw the highest one of those servers got to was 22 unique IPs over the course of a week. Nasomi gets about 3500/week even now. You had the lead developer of ashita and DSP saying that no one wanted 99 cap and you're still trying to argue that people wanted it more than 75 cap? Absolutely delusional dude.

@LoH, at least I know one thing hasn't changed, you aren't worth the time. Your point was no one would pay for it, I brought ninja up and that thread that you cried in to prove that people would. I said nothing about his hype, his playtime, his impact on the scene, purely just $, which was what your most recent tears were directed towards. Just take the loss, it's something you're accustomed to.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

People saying they would doesn't "prove" that they would. What kind of naive shit is that? Ninja made some shocking headlines by saying he'd pay out a million for FFXI remade. And he knew that he'd NEVER have to actually pay it. It was a great PR move, lol.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    People saying they would doesn't "prove" that they would. What kind of naive shit is that? Ninja made some shocking headlines by saying he'd pay out a million for FFXI remade. And he knew that he'd NEVER have to actually pay it. It was a great PR move, lol.
    I'm so confused by the mental gymnastics you play in your head. On one hand you're saying ninja means nothing to the scene and he's just a popular streamer of other games, and on the other hand you're seemingly implying talking about FFXI classic was a "great PR move" yet there's no interest in FFXI classic?

I can't fathom how you logically come to the conclusions that you come to. You're just straight up nonsensical and delusional. Please continue paying $61/month for a 17 year old game with 2 part time developers. Clearly you have the intellectual go ahead in every discussion because of your superior decision making in thinking that that is good game design.

Banned.

BG Level

Can you make a point without insults?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You're paying $17/month currently for a version of the game that's even shittier than classic. Has 2 PART TIME developers.. LOL. Assuming you play 1 character and have 2 wardrobes.

Thats a massive yikes dawg.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Game so good you haven't played it in 2 years.

That's a massive yikes dawg.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Time for FFXI "Classic"?

I havent played it because id wake up, bot CP, do ambuscade after cashing in CP, then bot more. My LS wilted down to me and two other people, and I didnt wanna deal with new scrubs.

I wouldnt be playin XI classic either, cause if i wanted to, hey hey Nasomi or Eden are right around the corner for the low low price of... F R E E, and im still not playing it. Id resub to XI if they cut the fee to 5/mo with their garbage skeleton crew, but 12.95/month (bear in mind im in Canada and thats like 17 bucks) for their skeleton crew, no thanks.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How the fuck is retail $61 a month?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I cant see flags on tapa, but is he in canada?
    3 accts at 17 is 51/mo, not sure what hes paying on wardrobe 3&4

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

If he is enjoying himself, what does it matter how much he pays? You act like 60 bucks is even that much... yikes. Plenty of people multi-box and pay 100+ a month, I see them everywhere on Asura. I'm sure there are people wasting their money on other places, or even wasting their time on private servers that literally have no future lol. The point people are making is that its FREE, so what can you gauge about its health? I can tell you that there are literally no videos on youtube of any private servers that go past qufim island... People get bored that quick, at least I haven't seen any consistently.

Can you make a point without insults?
    No he can't, he is literally not capable of controlling the hate from his keyboard.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you are going to gauge economic sustainability (which is a different argument from which iteration of the game was actually good), then you should account for the fact a lot of people would pay more than retail price for a 75 cap server. I'd gladly pay $100 for a true classic experience backed by the guarantee of the original publisher.

I'm surprised by a $60 sub fee because I really didn't imagine that people would be paying for 3-4 separate accounts to tribox. Is that really what the game has come down to, multi-box to solo the game? And people are really going to argue that shit is better than 75 cap because "No one stands in the way of your progress" even though it's arguably NOT an MMO anymore?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    No he can't, he is literally not capable of controlling the hate from his keyboard.
    You are literally not capable of responding to the substance of the debate. His insults are the only thing you actually do respond to.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    then you should account for the fact a lot of people would pay more than retail price for a 75 cap server.
    Once again, this is the same thought process that SE used in XIV. You dont know how many people would pay "more than retail price for a 75 cap server", you dont even know how many people would pay "retail price for a 75 cap server". You cant not use the population of F2P servers to gauge this kind of interest, as most of these people are paying zero dollars for a 75 cap server (I'm sure some are paying upkeep donations).

How many people in this thread would pay for XI classic at retail price or higher?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

If you are going to gauge economic sustainability (which is a different argument from which iteration of the game was actually good), then you should account for the fact a lot of people would pay more than retail price for a 75 cap server. I'd gladly pay $100 for a true classic experience backed by the guarantee of the original publisher.

I'm surprised by a $60 sub fee because I really didn't imagine that people would be paying for 3-4 separate accounts to tribox. Is that really what the game has come down to, multi-box to solo the game? And people are really going to argue that shit is better than 75 cap because "No one stands in the way of your progress" even though it's arguably NOT an MMO anymore?
    You do realize people multi-box during the 75 days right? I knew one that four boxed, and I personally two boxed occasionally. It isn't a rarity. Now that the population is much lower, many people opt to multi-box. It is sad, but its the natural progression of things when SE doesn't put effort into XI like they do XIV. I still find it more enjoyable than 75 cap, the only thing I miss is the community.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

All the top players on Gilgamesh multiboxed. It really wasnt anything special. I dont think Carb took too kindly to it though, cause after the merge, a lot of people seemed to think multiboxers were inherently shit players.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Very few people play only 1 account, no one I know of offhand from my personal friends who play the game. That's why it's insanely foolish to use /sea as a metric of how many people actually play the game.

FFXIAH DB is also insanely misleading as it's roughly calculated as characters who have interacted with the AH in the last 90 days. Therefore when a free month happens it bumps up about 30k, either from people returning or people logging on their mules.

For anyone who doesn't play anymore, SE basically does what the stupid ad-riddled mobile games do, where if you log in every day you get points or items. This has lead to several people having a POL ID full of their main + 17 mules. They have also added rewards if you do things like.. talk in unity chat.. click a homepoint.. PUT SOMETHING ON THE AUCTION HOUSE. This is obviously a win for SE because you have people like LoH who have 4 different POL accounts and 17 mules on each one and their idea of exciting gameplay is logging in all 17 mules to get daily rewards. Revenue from these "log in mules" and being forced to pay for my inventory space($2 per wardrobe that holds 80) due to horrid game design increases their bottom line. Retail population probably has 20k unique people max. SE killed their own game regardless of how you feel about the 75 era, it's the reality of the situation.

I don't know anyone who wants XI classic that wouldn't be willing to pay for it. I have no idea why this argument is always being used. Not a single person here has said "well I liked XI classic better but I wouldn't pay for it."