Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for FFXI "Classic"?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I believe you just outed the line I quoted as a lie then.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

We once had gilseller claim Jorm and refuse to let it go to anyone but our LS because one of our PLDs had befriended them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

SE should just released a new expansion with HNMs for 119, same as 75 cap but with all the new shit they've developed today.

The lifers that still play would cry but continue to play and it would get some of the 75 HNM try-harders back.

I'm not going to defend this idea because I don't care if you'd like it or not, I see it as a decent business decision. It would be easier than releasing a classic 75 server (they likely don't have the code or staff.) It would be simple (HNMs are largely just a giant mob on a large respawn window). It would get people who have sworn the game off since abyssea to look at it again.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival
    During a 13hr camp, one of them said "If we dont kil the Ullimi we havent rice to eat" to us to try make us leave.
    Hard to imagine such a thing in 2020. Those who played them back then don't have the time for it, and the next gen players wouldn't stand for it.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Guess we just pretend now that people who stopped playing almost upwards of 10 years ago are still paying attention to developments. That and they would suddenly come back because the same team constantly criticized as skeleton among other things, added HNMs to a backdrop of an entirely different game.
    Major content updates ended, but hey HNMs for the HARDCORE WINNERS.

Those true believers, the real XIers, are just waiting for a second coming.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Hard to imagine such a thing in 2020. Those who played them back then don't have the time for it, and the next gen players wouldn't stand for it.
    As you spam lillith for 6 hours straight to go 5/500 on the pieces.

If you're playing asura you also wait 30mins to enter between each run.

This argument needs to stop dude, you have no idea what people want to do with their time and you don't acknowledge the current time sinks. Even if the wait on Asura is 10mins (in my experience it's always been around 15.) That's 83 hours of waiting before getting your lillith set, assuming it only takes you 500 runs since they are around a 1% drop rate.

We can talk about omen hours spent or volte gear farming too I guess, but the lillith/ambuscade arguments are the best since you're literally sitting there doing nothing.

Yet you're also arguing about technological issues with SE's servers and congestion (wait, what, people playing?!) than the actual content itself. You'd have some more ground to stand on if it was a 21+ hour timer or JP midnight reset sorta thing.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yet you're also arguing about technological issues with SE's servers and congestion (wait, what, people playing?!) than the actual content itself. You'd have some more ground to stand on if it was a 21+ hour timer or JP midnight reset sorta thing.
    ....?

Yeah you're right, poorly, absolute trash, utterly awful, disgustingly incompetent implemented content shouldn't be considered and the wait should be ignored.

Absolute delusion, holy moly. He's saying modern day FFXI players wouldn't deal with the wait, there's an entire server(the largest one by far) who waits 30min per ambuscade, 30 min per lillith every single day.

And I'm saying there's a difference between their servers being shit (Yes, I problem I wish they would address alongside other modernization needs) and literally designing a mob to only appear once a day. Now, imagine what happens if someone isn't stupid enough to be on Asura.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    And I'm saying there's a difference between their servers being shit (Yes, I problem I wish they would address alongside other modernization needs) and literally designing a mob to only appear once a day. Now, imagine what happens if someone isn't stupid enough to be on Asura.
    Ah ok, so the better alternative in your mind is to play on a completely dead server with no economy. If SE can't implement content without it having issues then maybe they should address those issues or not implement the content. The problem and waiting around doing nothing is there either way. Your argument is asinine.

As I've said to you many times. You appear to be someone that thinks MMOs should be played like offline games. I don't think this genre of game is for you. There are plenty of offline games you can play. Please download steam and check them out.

And yet, the fact the classic XI experience isn't the genre norm may imply that MMOs aren't for you.

Rest assured, however, I am not losing sleep over attempting to respect the time of players and pointing out 1%er shit in PvE games is retarded.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Those true believers, the real XIers, are just waiting for a second coming.
    And there are so many of them that SE's coffers would be running over. More than enough of them to justify pulling staffers off of other, current projects. They'd also be relying essentially solely on returning players, as even in its prime, the market share for XI wasn't immense enough to constantly pull rival MMO players into its ecosystem; and again, the game's prime was basically 17 years ago.

Sounds more like a indie project than something that will ever see the light of day from a major company, who clearly has sales figures and sub retention stats to base this decision off of. If it was that profitable of a notion, they'd have done it by now, especially with XIV selling well.

Good luck getting your 75 HNM glory-days-focused xpac. I mean, we just got a new Mechwarrior Mercenaries game some 18 years after the previous one. Stranger things have happened.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

A lot of crying and no arguments of sustenance, such is this thread.

Destroyed by the comparisons to lillith/ambuscade. It truly is depressing that the modern day ffxi player is unable to intellectually engage in this discussion, unable to fathom that someone might like something that they don't. In your world you can't comprehend why anyone would need an ice cream flavor other than vanilla. Unfortunately the lot of you just rely on people arguing for the 75-era to know nothing about the 119/99-era when engaging in discussion. When pointing out problems with it that are comparable to the 75 era you tend to crumble.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    A lot of crying and no arguments of sustenance, such is this thread.
    The only crying I see is the crying for a game that will never come.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've said in tons of posts I don't think they will do it, even on this page.

Doesn't mean the 99/119 era is better though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've said in tons of posts I don't think they will do it, even on this page.

Doesn't mean the 99/119 era is better though.
    I've never argued that any era is better than any other era. Why argue about eras of a game that's a shell of its former self?

The XI of today is so far removed from the XI of 04-07 that its like comparing two entirely different games. Its a pointless endeavor.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    And there are so many of them that SE's coffers would be running over. More than enough of them to justify pulling staffers off of other, current projects. They'd also be relying essentially solely on returning players, as even in its prime, the market share for XI wasn't immense enough to constantly pull rival MMO players into its ecosystem; and again, the game's prime was basically 17 years ago.

Sounds more like a indie project than something that will ever see the light of day from a major company, who clearly has sales figures and sub retention stats to base this decision off of. If it was that profitable of a notion, they'd have done it by now, especially with XIV selling well.

Good luck getting your 75 HNM glory-days-focused xpac. I mean, we just got a new Mechwarrior Mercenaries game some 18 years after the previous one. Stranger things have happened.
    Considering the profit in this game currently that more than justifies pulling staff into it now, and they don't. So, no.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If you're playing asura you also wait 30mins to enter between each run.
    Except you're arguing about how content that has 7 30 minute windows once a day is somehow better. Atleast you are guaranteed to participate in said content after 30 minutes of waiting instead of hoping the group that claimed wipes, and then deal with 1% drop rate on Ridill/D.Ring.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Considering the profit in this game currently that more than justifies pulling staff into it now, and they don't. So, no.
    Hate to agree with spicy but SE is the last company I'd call logical in any money spending or making capacity.

@nynja true but the wait is there nonetheless which is what he claimed people wouldn't put up with now a days.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I cant attest to any waits, I stayed far far away from Asura.